Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Check quorum for volume group Post 302137071 by backslash on Friday 21st of September 2007 04:46:32 PM
Old 09-21-2007
but that is my concern. We may have volume groups which have been activated with quorum set and then changed with chvg. So it looks like quorum is off and yet it is actively on until you varyoff/on the volume group.

I suspect there is no way to tell for sure?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to check size of Volume Group

Did anyone knows how to check size/usage of a Volume Group in AIX 4.3.3? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_aamir
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LVM - Extending Logical Volume within Volume Group

Hello, I have logical volume group of 50GB, in which I have 2 logical volumes, LogVol01 and LogVol02, both are of 10GB. If I extend LogVol01 further by 10GB, then it keeps the extended copy after logical volume 2. I want to know where it keeps this information Regards Himanshu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghimanshu
3 Replies

3. AIX

Moving a Logical Volume from one Volume Group to Another

Does anyone have any simple methods for moving a current logical volume from one volume group to another? I do not wish to move the data from one physical volume to another. Basically, I want to "relink" the logical volume to exist in a different volume group. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krisw
2 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

AIX APPVG - QUORUM LOST, VOLUME GROUP CLOSING

Hi, I am running AIX 5.3 TL8. After a disk failure, one of my mirrored application volumegroups went down. Unfortunately we have quorum switched on on this VG and the defective disk holds the majority. I have set MISSINGPV_VARYON to TRUE and tried a forced varyon but it's still failing. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
3 Replies

5. AIX

Logical volume name conflict in two volume group

Hello, I am a french computer technician, and i speak English just a little. On Aix 5.3, I encounter a name conflict logical volume on two volume group. The first volume lvnode01 is OK in rootvg and mounted. It is also consistent in the ODM root # lsvg -l rootvg |grep lvnode01 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
10 Replies

6. Red Hat

Check disks not in a volume group?

Hello, How can I obtain a lists of disks with their size (anytype: SAN LUNs, internal disks, etc.) attached to the system and not being extended inside a volume group? The purpose of this list is to be part of a function of a script that I'm doing in order to resize filesystems and in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asanchez
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confusion Regarding Physical Volume,Volume Group,Logical Volume,Physical partition

Hi, I am new to unix. I am working on Red Hat Linux and side by side on AIX also. After reading the concepts of Storage, I am now really confused regarding the terminologies 1)Physical Volume 2)Volume Group 3)Logical Volume 4)Physical Partition Please help me to understand these concepts. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashifsd17
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a volume group, logical volume group and file system?

hi, I want to create a volume group of 200 GB and then create different file systems on that. please help me out. Its becomes confusing when the PP calculating PP. I don't understand this concept. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamaldev
2 Replies

9. AIX

Check status of a volume group

Hi huys, Sorry for my bad english, i'm french :o . I've got a little question : is there a way to check status of a VG on aix 6.1 ? I want to know if a VG is locked or not... I can do a "lsvg -Ll rootvg" for example, but if this VG is already locked, the process waits without gives me the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akorx
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

No space in volume group. How to create a file system using existing logical volume

Hello Guys, I want to create a file system dedicated for an application installation. But there is no space in volume group to create a new logical volume. There is enough space in other logical volume which is being mounted on /var. I know we can use that logical volume and create a virtual... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies
scconf_quorum_dev_scsi(1M)				  System Administration Commands				scconf_quorum_dev_scsi(1M)

NAME
scconf_quorum_dev_scsi - Add and remove shared SCSI quorum devices and change various SCSI cluster quorum configuration properties or states. SYNOPSIS
scconf {-a|-c|-r} -q globaldev=devicename otheroptions scconf {-a|-c|-r} -q name=devicename otheroptions DESCRIPTION
Note - Beginning with the Sun Cluster 3.2 release, Sun Cluster software includes an object-oriented command set. Although Sun Cluster software still supports the original command set, Sun Cluster procedural documentation uses only the object-oriented command set. For more infor- mation about the object-oriented command set, see the Intro(1CL) man page. A SCSI quorum device is considered to be any Sun Cluster supported, attached storage that is connected to two or more nodes of the cluster. The device must be managed by DID, and the device name that is provided must be a DID device name. The SCSI quorum device has no other properties that can be specified. OPTIONS
The following options are specific to shared disk quorum devices. See scconf(1M) for the list of supported generic options. See scconf_quo- rum_dev_netapp_nas(1M) for options that are specific to NAS quorum devices. The add and remove forms of the command are used to add and remove shared quorum devices to or from the configuration. The change form of the command is used for changing various properties of cluster quorum configuration. The -q quorum-options available for each of the three forms of the command can be used to change the cluster quorum configuration are as follows: Add a shared quorum device: -q -a globaldev=devicename[, node=node,node=node[, ...]] or -q -a name= devicename,type=scsi or -q -a autoconfig[,noop] Change a property or state of quorum configuration: -q -c globaldev=devicename,{maintstate | reset} or -q -c autoconfig[,noop] Remove a shared quorum device: -q -r globaldev=devicename or -q -r name=devicename autoconfig When used with the add form of the command, automatically chooses and assigns one quorum device in the two-node cluster. The quorum device is chosen from the available devices. If a quorum device is already configured, the command aborts. When used with the change form of the command, automatically chooses and assigns one device that replaces all existing quorum devices in the two-node cluster. The quorum device is chosen from the available devices. All available devices in the cluster must be qualified to be a quorum device. The autoconfig suboption does not assess whether an available device is qualified to be a quorum device. If the cluster contains more than two nodes, the autoconfig suboption makes no changes to the quorum configuration. Do not use the autoconfig suboption if you intend to configure a NAS device as quorum. [,noop] Is valid with the autoconfig suboption. The command prints to standard output the list of quorum devices that the autoconfig suboption would add or change. The autoconfig,noop suboption makes no changes to the quorum configuration. When scconf is interrupted or fails while performing quorum-related operations, quorum configuration information can become inconsistent in the cluster configuration database. If an inconsistency occurs, either run the same scconf command again or run it with the reset option to reset the quorum information. With the add form of the command, if a name is specified without a node list, the quorum device is added with a port defined for every node to which the device is attached. But, if a node list is given, at least two nodes must be provided, and each node in the list must be ported to the device. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Adding SCSI Quorum Devices The following scconf commands adds a SCSI quorum device. -a -q globaldev=/dev/did/rdsk/d4s2 or -a -q name=/dev/did/rdsk/d4s2,type=scsi Example 2 Changing SCSI Quorum Devices The following scconf command changes a SCSI quorum device configuration. -c -q globaldev=/dev/did/rdsk/d4s2,reset or -c -q name=/dev/did/rdsk/d4s2,reset Example 3 Removing SCSI Quorum Devices The following scconf command removes the SCSI quorum device. qd1. -r -q globaldev=qd1 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsczu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Intro(1CL), clquorum(1CL), cluster(1CL), scconf(1M), scconf_quorum_dev_netapp_nas(1M) Sun Cluster 3.2 10 Apr 2006 scconf_quorum_dev_scsi(1M)