Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question on Find Utility
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Question on Find Utility Post 302136658 by marlonus999 on Wednesday 19th of September 2007 03:53:54 AM
Old 09-19-2007
Sorry, what I meant was finding files more than 30 minutes old but not older than 1 day:

30 min < file stamp < 24 hrs.

I'll be checking this using a script running on cron.
Thanks for your ideas..any more???

Note: -mmin option of find isn't available in AIX/HP-UX that i'm using

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Threaded 'find' utility

I need to modify my version of find in unix and get it to create and use two POSIX threads to carry out concurrent finding operations. How do i get about doing this>? If anyone could help me it would be much appreciated. Thanx Mariuca (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mariuca
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compound command with 'find' utility?

I'm trying to write a script using the 'find' command and it's -exec option to run a compound command against the files found. Example: find . -name "*.conf" -exec cat {} | grep "#" > /tmp/comments.list \; Of course the above doesn't work. So I experimented for a bit to see if there was... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can't find my NEDIT utility after shell change

Hello, My System Admin. just switched me from KSH to BASH and something happened to my "nedit" utility! Does anyone know how to reactivate nedit by anychance? Thanks very much! BobK (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

options in FIND utility

hi folks, I want to select all files older than 13 days from a specified directory for that i used find /home/amar -name '*.*' -mtime 13 but it gives me all the files from subdirectories also, I dont want that I want files only from /home/amar and not from /home/amar/abc/.. which... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarnath
8 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Iptc utility syntax question

I just found and installed David Moore's libiptcdata with its iptc command-line utility. It's about the latter that my question is based. The usage syntax is : iptc ... where -m requires an IPTC field name, and -v is the value to assign or modify in that field. This value is a string bounded... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a file using unzip utility for files zipped without zip utility ?

Hi, I need to zip/compress a data file and send to a vendor. The vendor does have only unzip utility and can accept only .ZIP files. I do not have zip utility in my server. How do I zip/compress the file so that it can be deflated using unzip command ? I tried gzip & compress commands, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make Utility Question

Hello, I'm a recent convert to UNIX and I'm attempting to understand exactly how the make utility is working under the hood. Now, I understand that each rule has a target, dependencies, and update command, but the thing I'm confused about is exactly how the utility is determining when to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kramer_102
1 Replies

8. AIX

Help to find isutf8 utility for AIX 6.1

Hello everyone, I need to validate the file format for the UTF-8 standard. I know that "isutf8"utility is a part of "moreutils" pkg, I was able to find this package for the Linux but my environment in the AIX 6.1. I would be greatly appreciate your suggestion to my search. I am not familiar with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nadya Chipova
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

behavior of find utility's -mtime -7 primary

Can I ask a question not related to original question. I have this below command running on a directory which contains thousands of files. This command runs for 5 minutes. Any files received in folder1 during the execution of command is getting moved, even though that file is just received and it's... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Super123
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX utility to find difference in folder, file and contents of file against a base version

Hi, I am trying to find out whether there are any Unix utilities that compares folders, files and contents within the file and provides a comprehensive report. The comparison can be against base version of a folder and file with content. Can you please let me know of such a utility? Thanks,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sripathi_ks
6 Replies
SHAR(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   SHAR(1)

NAME
shar -- create a shell archive of files SYNOPSIS
shar file ... DESCRIPTION
shar writes an sh(1) shell script to the standard output which will recreate the file hierarchy specified by the command line operands. Directories will be recreated and must be specified before the files they contain (the find(1) utility does this correctly). shar is normally used for distributing files by ftp(1) or mail(1). SEE ALSO
compress(1), mail(1), uuencode(1), tar(1) BUGS
shar makes no provisions for special types of files or files containing magic characters. EXAMPLES
To create a shell archive of the program ls(1) and mail it to Rick: cd ls shar `find . -print` | mail -s "ls source" rick To recreate the program directory: mkdir ls cd ls ... <delete header lines and examine mailed archive> ... sh archive HISTORY
The shar command appears in 4.4BSD. SECURITY CONSIDERATIONS
It is easy to insert trojan horses into shar files. It is strongly recommended that all shell archive files be examined before running them through sh(1). Archives produced using this implementation of shar may be easily examined with the command: egrep -v '^[X#]' shar.file 4.4BSD June 6, 1993 4.4BSD