Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Trying to get Solaris 10 on the Internet Post 302135826 by porter on Wednesday 12th of September 2007 10:14:54 PM
Old 09-12-2007
Try the driver here, search for "broadcom".

Free NIC drivers for Solaris

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Internet Solaris

configure internet connection on Solaris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CreamHarry
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Internet Explorer Solaris

Downloaded and installed, when I try to execute iexplorer it responds with "iexplorer: not found", but it is right there in the directory I am in and I im logged in as root. any ideas? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cluettr
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting on the Internet with Solaris 8

I have cable and Solaris 8 (Intel Ver.) and a Compaq NC3121 Fast Ethernet NIC How do I connect to the internet? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
3 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

internet on solaris

i am on solaris 8 and i wish to configure internet on solaris 8 using our proxy server. How to i do that. Hitesh Shah (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
1 Replies

5. Solaris

No internet - Solaris 10 new install

Hi all I am new to unix having played with linux for a few years (still newbie). My problem is I am having trouble connecting to the internet. I do not seem to have an eth0 connection just a locahost. I read on a blog post somewhere that unix uses pcn0 instead of eth0 but it seems my card... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skewbie
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 Wireless Internet - Please help!

Hello, I have Solaris 10 Express, and am going to try OpenSolaris on a different computer. I need to configure and setup my wireless card, a NetGear WG311T, on my Solaris 10 machine, because I have no internet yet. Please help me get my wireless working, Thanks. -SunPowered Some links... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunpowered
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Internet on solaris

Hi friends,i use BSNL broadband for my internet through a modem(a router) from ethernet port.i use a username and password to connect.Its dhcp .plz help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santugvd
1 Replies

8. Solaris

how to connect internet in solaris???

Hi !!!! i am very new in solaris. at present i am using windows XP for internet connection. ISP has given me user name and password for connecting to the internet. it is a brodband DSL connection. but i am unable to connect to the internet in solaris. i am using one static ip given by the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alamin
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 - How to connect to internet

I recently installed solaris 10 on a seperate hard disk in my desktop pc. My first hard disk is running windows xp. I am totally new to solaris. Please help me to connect to the internet through solaris 10. I read a few threads, and re-installed solaris 10 by giving 'Yes' to the question that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hari86av
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris can go out to internet

I am using Solaris 10 for a Desktop OS , also router has been configured to connect to the net , but error 404 is coming always. :eek: I add new gateway bout that did not worked , so guessing I need to add DNS but where .:D (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
9 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)