Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can I safely kill vdump?
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Can I safely kill vdump? Post 302132987 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 21st of August 2007 10:24:25 AM
Old 08-21-2007
If you were vdump-ing to files on a disk, then yes, those backup saveset files are now not usable.
The source files are fine.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Vdump of two filesystems

Dear Experts, Is it possible to take a backup of two file systems using a single vdump command? Thanks Wilson (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: geraldwilson
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

digital unix vdump restore in hp ux11i

Could you pls give a solution how to resotore the backup taken from digital unix using vdump to hp ux11i. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jestinabel
1 Replies

3. AIX

vdump on aix?

As far as I know vdump command is used only on Tru64 (correct me if I'm wrong). The question is: what is the command on aix that does the same thing (logically speaking)? Tnx. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veccinho
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

vdump to rsh

delete me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: john-e
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tar and vdump on same tape?

Hello, This might be a dumb question, but I havent been able to find the answer anywhere. I currently have a backup script that uses 'tar' to backup some files to tape. I need to add a directory to the backup script, but I want to use 'vdump' to back it up to tape. So my question is can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xadamz23
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

vdump or vdump on tru64 unix

i have a script on a tru64 system that backups data from severral folders on a tape the command that it uses is this : vdump 0N /usr > /dev/null (for backuping the usr folder). somehow it has predefined that /dev/null is the tape the problem is that the tape has broke down so i need an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: el97639
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

Problem with vdump command on TRU64

Hi all, I have a system with TRU64 system (quite old). I use to run script to make save of important system partitions. The command to save the partition "/" is : /sbin/vdump -0uDf /mnt/Sauvegarde/dump/slash.dump.0 /. (/mnt/Sauvegarde is NFS mounted, but this is no matter) This script ran for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aribault
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to safely rm/mv files/directory

Hi all, Am writing a script that does a rm/mv if a file exist, however, in one scenario, one of the variables which is supposed to a variable for a directory is undefined/blank so instead of the variable resolving to /tmp/logfile.dmp, it resolves instead to / so the rm translates to a rm /... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Safely parsing parameters

I have a string like root=/dev/sda3 noacpi foo "Baz mumble" which I would like to separate into tokens like a shell does. This would be easily done with eval but that would open a security hole big enough to drop a cow through, injecting arbitrary code would be easy as pie. How can I parse this... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
15 Replies

10. Solaris

need to safely reboot to cdrom

I am using: reboot -- cdrom However I'm afraid of causing file system errors/corruption. I've seen many threads say that init 6 is safer, but I need to get to CDROM. Is there a command that is as safe as init, but can boot to cdrom, or should I not worry so much about the reboot... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lcoreyl
5 Replies
DB2BAK(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 DB2BAK(8)

NAME
db2bak - Directory Server script for making a backup of the database SYNOPSIS
db2bak [archivedir] [-Z serverID] [-q] [-h] DESCRIPTION
Creates a backup of the database. This script can be executed while the server is running or stopped. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below: archivedir The full path to the directory to store the backup. -Z Server Identifier The server ID of the Directory Server instance. If there is only one instance on the system, this option can be skipped. -q Quiet mode. Reduces output of task. -h Display the usage. EXAMPLE
db2bak -Z instance2 Makes a backup of the entire database for 'instance2', and stores it in the default server instance backup directory. db2bak /LDAP/backups/20130305 Creates a backup of the database and stores it in specified location. DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is zero if no errors occur. Errors result in a non-zero exit status and a diagnostic message being written to standard error. AUTHOR
db2bak was written by the 389 Project. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to http://bugzilla.redhat.com. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2013 Red Hat, Inc. Mar 5, 2013 DB2BAK(8)