Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Porting GNU FTPD daemon from Linux to AIX Post 302132441 by srksn on Friday 17th of August 2007 02:09:47 AM
Old 08-17-2007
Porting GNU FTPD daemon from Linux to AIX

Dear All,
I want to port GNU ftpd daemon server from Linux to AIX. I want to download GNU ftpd daemon for linux. Please tell me from where I can download this code and which code will be most suitable for this porting? Please help in this regard.

Thanks
Siva

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Porting C codes from HP-UX to AIX

Hi , Can someone help me get some support documents on the common issues/pitfalls and any other details with respect to porting the application running on C codes from HP-UX to AIX. Help will be valuable. Thanks a lot (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sinbad
0 Replies

2. Programming

Porting File from OPenVMS to AIX Unix

We are in requirement to port relative file organization files from OpenVMS V7.1-1H2 to AIX Unix. These file contains multiple binary records each of 512 bytes but it could be possible that a few bytes are padded up to fill the record structure. One of our thought process is to write a program... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: S.P.Prasad
1 Replies

3. Programming

Porting of Shell to AIX

Hi All, I would like to know of the steps needed for the implementation of a shell in AIX. This shell is written by one of our developers and is currently running in Solaris. This needs to be ported to AIX. Does any of you guys know the implementation steps to do this. If so please do let me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Porting linux ftpd code to Aix

Dear All, I have already ported the linux ftpd daemon to AIX earlier. When the ftp client does a "DIR" command, I have intercepted the call to the remote machine at the server code and added my code to browse IBM Message Queue, so that the client will see the files in the IBM Message... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srksn
2 Replies

5. AIX

pgrep substitute for porting a linux script to AIX 5.x

Hi, I'm trying to get this script to work on an AIX 5.3 box, I couldn't get pgrep for AIX, I also realize that ps works differently on the IBM boxes. Could anybody just give me the specifics of a work around for my problem, I'll adjust the whole script: #!/bin/bash # applabs.com #to do: #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thebytegrill
3 Replies

6. AIX

Porting to AIX from Sun Solaris

Hi, When we tried to port our Pro*C programs from sun solaris to AIX, We get following error messages: The following library is not available... This library file is required for Pro*C Object Linking and Bin creation. /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1. Can anybody help us on this ? Regards rbs100 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rbs100
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

porting shell script from Linux to AIX.

Hi, I am porting one shell script from Linux to AIX. I had .ksh file and i have changed it to .sh file for aix. on linux this script is running fine but on aix it gives me "unexpected end of file" error. Could any one suggest me what to do to port this script error free? Thanks in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: joy_1
6 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

how to check if a file ftpd to mainframe was actually ftpd

Hi All, I am ftping a file from unix to mainframe. Now the problem arises that i want to check if the file was ftpd or not. Is there any way i could do this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas.rao11
4 Replies

9. AIX

Porting from HP-UX to AIX

I am orignally a VC++ programmer, this is the my post in UNIX form. I have an existing source code, that was developed in old HP-UX system, the objective is to make it work on new AIX system. It does'nt appear that AIX has the necessary libraries or even run the application if its... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick786us
0 Replies
inetd.conf(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						     inetd.conf(4)

NAME
inetd.conf, inetd.conf.local - The default configuration files for the inetd daemon SYNOPSIS
The default configuration file for all cluster members is: /etc/inetd.conf The configuration file for a specific member in a cluster is: /etc/inetd.conf.local The inetd.conf.local file is a Context-Dependent Symbolic Link (CDSL) and must be maintained as such. See the System Administration manual for more information. DESCRIPTION
If the inetd daemon is started without specifying an alternate configuration file, the inetd daemon reads the inetd.conf file and inetd.conf.local file, in this order, for information on how to handle Internet service requests. For this reason, if an entry exists in both configuration files, the entry in /etc/inetd.conf.local overrides the entry in /etc/inetd.conf. The inetd daemon reads its configuration files only when the inetd daemon starts or when the inetd daemon receives a SIGHUP signal. Each line in theinetd configuration files defines how to handle one Internet service request. Each line is of the form: ServiceName SocketType ProtocolName Wait/NoWait UserName ServerPath ServerArgs (Note: The backslash and the continuation of information on to a second line is for display purposes only. In the configuration file, the entries appear on a single line.) These fields must be separated by spaces or tabs. Continuation lines are terminated with a (backslash). Comments are denoted with a # (number sign). The fields have the following meanings: Specifies the name of an Internet service defined in the /etc/services file. For services provided internally by the inetd daemon, this name must be the official name of the service. That is, the name must be identical to the first entry on the line that describes the service in the /etc/services file. Specifies the name for the type of socket used for the service. You can use either the stream value for a stream socket, the dgram value for a datagram socket, the raw value for a raw socket, the rdm value for a reliably delivered message socket, or the seqpacket value for a sequenced packet socket. You can also use xstream and xdgram to permit the transparent mode of connections for stream and datagram sockets, respectively. Currently, only applica- tion gateways for firewall services use the transparent mode of connection. Specifies the name of an Internet protocol defined in the /etc/protocols file. For example, use the tcp value for a service that uses the TCP/IP protocol and the udp value for a service that uses the UDP protocol. When you use a tcp or udp value, inetd creates AF_INET sockets; this is the default behavior. If you want inetd to create AF_INET6 sockets, use the tcp6 or udp6 value. The inetd daemon maps these values to the tcp and udp protocol names internally. For RPC services the field consists of the string rpc followed by a slash (/) and one of the following: An asterisk (*) One or more nettypes One or more netids A combination of nettypes and netids If you specify an invalid nettype, it is treated as a netid. For example, if you specify rpc/*, it specifies the service uses all the transports supported by the system. Contains either the wait or the nowait instruction. For datagram servers, specify wait. This instructs the inetd daemon to wait for a datagram server to read at least one datagram from the socket before exiting. Single- threaded datagram servers process all incoming datagrams, then they time out (for example, comsat, biff, and talkd). Multithreaded datagram servers read one datagram from the socket, create a new socket, then fork and exit (for example, tftpd). For servers using stream sockets, specify nowait for multithreaded servers. This instructs inetd to accept connection requests and pass a newly accepted socket that is connected to the client of the service to the server. Specify wait for single-threaded servers. This instructs inetd to pass the listening socket to the server and wait. The server must accept at least one connection request before exiting. Specifies the username that the inetd daemon should use to start the server. This variable allows a server to be given less permission than root. Specifies the full pathname of the server that the inetd daemon should execute to provide the service. For services that the inetd daemon provides internally, this field should be internal. If you want to disable this service, this field should be disable in the /etc/inetd.conf.local file. Specifies the command line arguments that the inetd daemon is to pass to the server specified in ServerPath. The arguments to ServerPath should be just as they normally are, starting with the name of the program. For services that the inetd daemon provides internally, this field should be blank. EXAMPLES
The following are sample entries in the /etc/inetd.conf file for an inetd daemon that: Uses the ftpd daemon for servicing ftp requests on an AF_INET6 socket Uses the talkd daemon for ntalk requests on an AF_INET socket Provides time requests internally on AF_INET6 sockets ftp stream tcp6 nowait root /usr/sbin/ftpd ftpd ntalk dgram udp wait root /usr/sbin/talkd talkd time stream tcp6 nowait root internal time dgram udp6 wait root internal How you enable and disable services in a cluster depends on the number of cluster members. The following two examples show the same clus- ter that has three members (0, 1, and 2), but shows two diferent methods to accomplish the same goal. Choose the method most suitable to your cluster environment. If you want to enable the ftpd daemon on all cluster members except member 2, do the following: To enable the ftpd daemon for all members, enter the following in the /etc/inetd.conf file: ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/ftpd ftpd To disable the ftpd daemon for member 2, enter the following in the /etc/inetd.conf.local for member 2: ftp stream tcp nowait root disable If you want to disable the ftpd daemon on all cluster members (the whole cluster), but enable it on members 0 and 1, do the following: To disable the ftpd daemon by default for the whole cluster, enter the following in the /etc/inetd.conf file: #ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/ftpd ftpd To enable the ftpd daemon for member 0, enter the following in the /etc/inetd.conf.local file for member 0: ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/ftpd ftpd To enable the ftpd daemon for member 1, enter the following in the /etc/inetd.conf.local file for mem- ber 1: ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/ftpd ftpd Member 2 does not have an ftpd entry in its /etc/inetd.conf.local file. Therefore, the ftpd daemon is not started. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: biff(1), comsat(8). Daemons: inetd(8), talkd(8), tftpd(8). Files: protocols(4), services(4). delim off inetd.conf(4)