Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: create paths
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers create paths Post 302130466 by jim mcnamara on Monday 6th of August 2007 10:09:10 AM
Old 08-06-2007
Do you want to list files in a directory tree with a full path name?
Here is an example for a directory called "dir"
Code:
prefix="/dir"
find $prefix -type f |\
while read file 
do
       printf "%s/%s\n" "$prefix" "$file"
done > listfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

paths

Hi there! People, i'm a new unix user, and i'm having some problems... I'm updating some scripts (korn shell) in different servers. I use telnet to access these servers and emacs to write the scripts. One of them is an HP, and there´s no problem. But the other one is an AIX, and when i call... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: caiohn
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Paths update

After unpacking a solaris 2.6 package with success, I need to update the paths so I can "see"the new software. The manual shows me what the path should be but I don't have a clue on how to change that. Asking a stupid question makes me look stupid 30 sec. Not asking makes me stupid the rest of my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpote
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get listing with complete paths

I am doing ls -ltrR to get long listing of files and directories, recursively. In place of files, I want to see the file names with complete path The way it looks now is ls -ltrR . .: total 866 -rwxrwxr-x 1 user ofr 945 Nov 30 2004 findwordinfiles drwxrwxr-x 3 user ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunilav
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Spoofing paths.

There is a program that I am trying to run on a shell account. It depends on another program, which I have also copied to the shell account. Both are in my home directory, yet the first program has a different path hardcoded into it, which I cannot use because of permissions problems. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahadsadah
3 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Extracting certain /paths/* using tar

forgive my ignorance. I did a search of this sub-forum for "tar -xp" and variations on the same w\out success, so here goes... Scenario: filename.tar file. Desired Task: I want to be able to extract only files from the user's public_html folder (and all those under it as an option) from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Habitual
4 Replies

6. AIX

Storage paths

Have connected a non-IBM storage device to AIX host via fibre channel. If the storage is rebooted or a raid controller fails over whilst connected to the host, the paths that drop do not come back online when the ports become active again. I have tried enabling dynamic tracking and delayed_fail... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Storeman
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Absolute and Relative Paths?

Can someone cofirm that I have got the paths correct here? :confused: $PATH_TO_TMP_DIR='/tmp'; #$PATH_TO_TMP_DIR='home/tmp'; $PATH_TO_YOUR_IMG_DIR = '/temp_images'; #$PATH_TO_YOUR_IMG_DIR = 'home/public_html/Midwich/temp_images'; Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stubie
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Possible Career Paths

I've read through a couple of forum posts on Career issues but wanted to get some feedback that may be more personalized and whatnot. I am brand new to the world of UNIX and Linux and while I am finding the learning curve rather steep, I find it highly rewarding and am overall enjoying the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: huntreilly25
2 Replies

9. Programming

Can't find paths.h

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in. I am trying to compile logsurfer. After I run configure and the make, I get a complaint that paths.h is not found. I see three places where there is a paths.h: /usr/include/pgsql/server/optimizer/paths.h... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brownwrap
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem understanding Paths

If I don't explain my issue well enough, I apologize ahead of time, extreme newbie here to scripting. I'm currently learning scripting from books and have moved on to the text Wicked Cool Shell Scripts by Dave Taylor, but there are still basic concepts that I'm having trouble understanding. ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chasman78
10 Replies
MKFONTSCALE(1)						      General Commands Manual						    MKFONTSCALE(1)

NAME
mkfontscale - create an index of scalable font files for X SYNOPSIS
mkfontscale [ -b ] [ -s ] [ -o filename ] [ -x suffix ] [ -a encoding ] ... [ -f fuzz ] [ -l ] [ -e directory ] [ -p prefix ] [ -r prefix ] [ -n prefix ] [ -- ] [ directory ] ... DESCRIPTION
For each directory argument, mkfontscale reads all of the scalable font files in the directory. For every font file found, an X11 font name (XLFD) is generated, and is written together with the file name to a file fonts.scale in the directory. The resulting fonts.scale file should be checked and possibly manually edited before being used as input for the mkfontdir(1) program. OPTIONS
-b read bitmap fonts. By default, bitmap fonts are ignored. -s ignore scalable fonts. By default, scalable fonts are read. If -b is set, this flag has the side effect of enabling the reading of fonts.scale files. -o filename send program output to filename; default is fonts.scale if bitmap fonts are not being read, and fonts.dir if they are. If filename is relative, it is created in the directory being processed. If it is the special value -, output is written to standard output. -x suffix exclude all files with the specified suffix. -a encoding add encoding to the list of encodings searched for. -f fuzz set the fraction of characters that may be missing in large encodings to fuzz percent. Defaults to 2%. -l Write fonts.dir files suitable for implementations that cannot reencode legacy fonts (BDF and PCF). By default, it is assumed that the implementation can reencode Unicode-encoded legacy fonts. -e specifies a directory with encoding files. Every such directory is scanned for encoding files, the list of which is then written to an "encodings.dir" file in every font directory. -p Specifies a prefix that is prepended to the encoding file path names when they are written to the "encodings.dir" file. The prefix is prepended literally: if a `/' is required between the prefix and the path names, it must be supplied explicitly as part of the prefix. -r Keep non-absolute encoding directories in their relative form when writing the "encodings.dir" file. The default is to convert rel- ative encoding directories to absolute directories by prepending the current directory. The positioning of this options is signifi- cant, as this option only applies to subsequent -e options. -n do not scan for fonts, do not write font directory files. This option is useful when generating encoding directories only. -- end of options. SEE ALSO
X(7), Xserver(1), mkfontdir(1), ttmkfdir(1), xfs(1), xset(1) NOTES
The format of the fonts.scale, fonts.dir and encodings.dir files is documented in the mkfontdir(1) manual page. Mkfontscale will overwrite any fonts.scale file even if it has been hand-edited. mkfontscale -b -s -l is equivalent to mkfontdir. AUTHOR
The version of mkfontscale included in this X.Org Foundation release was originally written by Juliusz Chroboczek <jch@freedesktop.org> for the XFree86 project. The functionality of this program was inspired by the ttmkfdir utility by Joerg Pommnitz. X Version 11 mkfontscale 1.1.0 MKFONTSCALE(1)