Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting I need to extract last column of a file and compare the values Post 302130266 by matrixmadhan on Saturday 4th of August 2007 09:20:32 AM
Old 08-04-2007
Code:
awk -F", " '{ arr[NF]++; for ( i in arr ) { if ( arr[i] > 1 ) { exit;} } }END{ for ( i in arr ) { print i } }' filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract values from column with Perl

Hi everybody I have some problems with PERL programming. I have a file with two columns, both with numeric values. I have to extract the values > 50 from the 2nd columns and sum them among them. The I have to sum the respective values in the first column on the same line and, at the end, I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_elena
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

for each different entry in column 1 extract maximum values from column 2 in unix/awk

Hello, I have 2 columns (1st column has multiple entries but the corresponding values in the column 2 may be the same or different.) however I want to extract unique values for each entry in column 1 by assigning the max value from column 2 SDF4 -0.211654 SDF4 0.978068 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diya123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare the values of a column in awk in a same file and consecutive lines..

I would like to compare the values of 2nd column of consecutive lines of same file in such a way so that if the difference between first value and second value is more than 100 it should print complete line else ignore line. Input File ========== PDB 2500 RTDB 123 RTDB-EAGLE 122 VSCCP 2565... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manuswami
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take values from a column and put it in a variable and compare

Hi, I have a table in unix from which i want to read the contents line by line, then filter out the values from 6th column one by one and compare it a fixed value. How to do this? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare values of fields from same column with awk

Hi all ! If there is only one single value in a column (e.g. column 1 below), then return this value in the same output column. If there are several values in the same column (e.g. column 2 below), then return the different values separated by "," in the output. pipe-separated input: ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare two column in file and extract complate line

No Chr Pos Qual GT_1 GT_2 1. chr1 478493 595 A/G G/G 2. chr1 879243 700 A/T T/T 3. chr2 889922 1300 C/C C/C 4. chr2 1926372 300 T/A T/A 5. chr3 237474 500 G/C C/C 6. chr3 575757 700 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mscott
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare the values of a column in a same file using awk?

Dear Unix experts, I have got a file where I would like to compare the values of second column if first column is same in such a way that the difference between the values is >50. If not, I would like to discard both values. For example, my input file looks like - comp275_c0_seq2 73... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: utritala
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Oracle home from Oratab and compare values

Friends, I'm trying to do below in ksh script, while requesting user to provide src_db and dest_db values 1. Extract src_db and dest_db Oracle home from oratab file 2. Don't find db if it starts with comment (#) 3. Compare both values 4. Message success or exit with error if they don't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: homer4all
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files column values using awk

Judi # cat File1 judi /export/home 76 judi /usr 83 judi # judi # cat File2 judi /export/home 79 judi /usr 82 judi # if COLUMN3 of File2 is greater that COLUMN3 of File1, then print File2's lines juid /export/home 79 Code tags please (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: judi
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare Values between column in the same file

Input File:- COLUMN1 COLUMN2 COLUMN3 COLUMN4 COLUMN5 COLUMN6 SMS Email AO Mail Post N Cell VEGE Potato E W 396 12 0 384 0 0 0 0 0 VEGE Onion S W 17 0 17 0 0 0 0 0 0 FRUIT APPLE N W 549 61 0 0 0 0 0 488 0 FRUIT APPLE SE W 291 14 239 38 0 10 0 0 0 FRUIT APPLE EAMS W 397 32 309 56 309 309 0... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nina2910
27 Replies
cachefslog(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    cachefslog(1M)

NAME
cachefslog - Cache File System logging SYNOPSIS
cachefslog [-f logfile | -h] cachefs_mount_point DESCRIPTION
The cachefslog command displays where CacheFS statistics are being logged. Optionally, it sets where CacheFS statistics are being logged, or it halts logging for a cache specified by cachefs_mount_point. The cachefs_mount_point argument is a mount point of a cache file system. All file systems cached under the same cache as cachefs_mount_point will be logged. OPTIONS
The following options are supported. You must be super-user to use the -f and -h options. -f logfile Specify the log file to be used. -h Halt logging. OPERANDS
cachefs_mount_point A mount point of a cache file system. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of cachefslog when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Checking the Logging of a directory. The example below checks if the directory /home/sam is being logged: example% cachefslog /home/sam not logged: /home/sam Example 2: Changing the logfile. The example below changes the logfile of /home/sam to /var/tmp/samlog: example# cachefslog -f /var/tmp/samlog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 3: Verifying the change of a logfile. The example below verifies the change of the previous example: example% cachefslog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 4: Halting the logging of a directory. The example below halts logging for the /home/sam directory: example# cachefslog -h /home/sam not logged: /home/sam EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 success non-zero an error has occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cachefsstat(1M), cachefswssize(1M), cfsadmin(1M), attributes(5), largefile(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Invalid path It is illegal to specify a path within a cache file system. SunOS 5.10 7 Feb 1997 cachefslog(1M)