Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: file watcher job
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting file watcher job Post 302130021 by cfajohnson on Thursday 2nd of August 2007 11:18:32 PM
Old 08-03-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotasateesh
Hello,
I am trying to create a file watcher script to check for a file until certain time and throw a message. can some one please help me if there is script handy ??

Code:
certain_time=200708031200
while [ $(date +%Y%m%d%H%M) -lt $certain_time ]
do
   watch_file ## replace with whatever watching you want to do
done
printf "%s\n" "Throwing a message"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Job Watcher Removal Question

All- What is the command to remove/delete a job watcher from production. Thanks, Sailor58 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sailor58
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Watcher

Hi Please help me in this I want to execute a shell script abc.ksh. But I only want it to execute if file XYZ is not present. If file XYZ is present than I want to unix to sleep for 5 Sec and than agaian check for XYX existence. if it sleeps for more than 30 seconds ( 6 time )I want it to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_zeeshan05
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Watcher using autosys

Hi, Would like to kick off a script based on the file arrival using autosys but this has to monitor every second instead of a minute. Is there a better way to implement the monitor apart from cronjob and only need to use autosys in UNIX. Regards, Rajasilpa (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajasilpa
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Weird working of File Watcher job

I have JIL script like the one below insert_job:F_SAMPLE job_type:f machine:PC001 owner:asla@PC001 watch_file:/home/shah/one/sample.trg watch_interval:90 alarm_if_fail:1Here my question is, there is a directory one under that file needs to be watched sample.trg..! but directory one owned... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahnazurs
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need Script for File Watcher

Hi, I need a script for "FILE WATCHER" I have in a remote FTP location server named MAIN _104 EveryDay mrng 8 i hav to search couple of folders(COL, ATT, TRA) in that FTP server (MAIN_104), and if any files are present in that folders i hav to bring back to my computer and store it anywhere... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani1984
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Watcher Help !!

Hi Experts I will have be having 3 types of files in directory file1_p0_date file1_p1_date file1_p2_date As soon as it sees any of the files it needs to kick off another process and also would need the file name For this I am creating a file watcher script which will look for file1* My... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: westernmichnov
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with File Watcher script

Hi all, I am writing a script to do the following: 1) Check if there are any new <csv> files (in abc directory) to process 2) If there is new file, then perform some operation on that file. 3) Move it to a different location(after step2 is successful) 4) Do further processing on the file ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunnerz_84
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Autosys file watcher

Hi friends, Instead of creating a script autosys 11.3 has a feature for filewatcher. Can anyone please share a link where ican create a file watcher job (more like manual). i need to create a filewatcher job where the job should search for a file for every 5 mins and send a mail whether the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robertbrown624
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking out for the file-watcher

Hi friends, I do not have much thoughts so need any help on the below issue: I need to create shell script that will find the files & throw an error through job (autosys) when file not found. Daily we use to receive 3 files from a system. Obstacles: 1) All 3 files names are same. 2)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tush
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File watcher script

if test -n "$(find/data/path/ 'filename.txst' -print-quit) then echo "file found" exit 0 else echo "file not found" exit 46 fi So I basically looking to understand the if test -n "$(find/data/path/ 'filename.txst' -print-quit) line. Pls help to elaborate what this command... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nsharma3006
6 Replies
Mail::Message::Construct::Text(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Mail::Message::Construct::Text(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Message::Construct::Text - capture a Mail::Message as text SYNOPSIS
my $text = $msg->string; my $text = "$msg"; # via overload my @text = $msg->lines; my @text = @$lines; # via overload my $fh = $msg->file; my $line = <$fh>; $msg->printStructure; DESCRIPTION
Complex functionality on Mail::Message objects is implemented in different files which are autoloaded. This file implements the functionality related to creating message replies. METHODS
The whole message as text $obj->file() Returns the message as file-handle. $obj->lines() Returns the whole message as set of lines. In LIST context, copies of the lines are returned. In SCALAR context, a reference to an array of lines is returned. $obj->printStructure([FILEHANDLE|undef],[INDENT]) Print the structure of a message to the specified FILEHANDLE or the selected filehandle. When explicitly "undef" is specified as handle, then the output will be returned as string. The message's subject and the types of all composing parts are displayed. INDENT specifies the initial indentation string: it is added in front of each line. The INDENT must contain at least one white-space. example: my $msg = ...; $msg->printStructure(*OUTPUT); $msg->printStructure; my $struct = $msg->printStructure(undef); # Possible output for one message: multipart/mixed: forwarded message from Pietje Puk (1550 bytes) text/plain (164 bytes) message/rfc822 (1043 bytes) multipart/alternative: A multipart alternative (942 bytes) text/plain (148 bytes, deleted) text/html (358 bytes) $obj->string() Returns the whole message as string. Flags SEE ALSO
This module is part of Mail-Box distribution version 2.105, built on May 07, 2012. Website: http://perl.overmeer.net/mailbox/ LICENSE
Copyrights 2001-2012 by [Mark Overmeer]. For other contributors see ChangeLog. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.14.2 2012-05-07 Mail::Message::Construct::Text(3pm)