Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO SCO 5.0.5 and Toshiba eStudio Post 302125656 by jgt on Friday 6th of July 2007 07:45:32 AM
Old 07-06-2007
Go to scoadmin->printers->printer manager->printer->add remote->unix
Enter the IP address, or name from /etc/hosts for the host name
Enter queue name for the printer name.
Un-mark "Use extended remote printing...."
The lp destination name will be the printer name from above.
Use the following script to create a file to prefix to your print file:

echo "\033E\c" #reset
echo "\033&k2G\c" #turn carriage return on
echo "\033&l1O\c" #landscape mode
echo "\033&l5.45C\c" #66 lines per page
echo "\033(s15H" #13 characters per inch

This should allow you to print a standard 15x11 computer printout on 11x81/2 paper.
In lines three and four of the script the letter after the ampersand is an ell

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Toshiba laptop

I am trying to install mandrake 8.0 on my Satellite Pro 4600. I have got it installed but I am having problems with X windows. The laptop has a trident cyber blade video card I have it set to 1024x768 resolution Basically everytime I start x it appears in the upper right to middle of the screen... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gennaro
6 Replies

2. SuSE

Touchpad not working - SuSE 8.2 - Toshiba Satellite A30

Hi all, I have a bit of an inexplicable problem.... Up until today, on my Toshiba Satellite A30 Laptop running SuSE 8.2 Professional, I had a dual mouse (USB Mouse / Touchpad) configuration in X and everything was running fine. I booted the laptop today, and for some reason unbeknownst to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zazzybob
3 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Help in installing UBuntu 7.10 in Toshiba Tecra A8(Vista business)

Hi, I recently bought a Toshiba Tecra A8 laptop with preinstalled Vista Business license. I would like to install UBuntu 7.10 as another OS. However, I have some doubts:- i) I am not sure whether do the above model supports Linux/Ubuntu in terms of compatibility. So far, I googled and knew... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

4. Solaris

can't install solaris 10 on toshiba laptop

i had a toshiba laptop ( satellite L20 - 100) and i'm trying to install solaris 10 ...but it doesn't complete the setup from the very first begining it gives me this msg: unable to reset device //pci@0,0/pci1179,ff31@1d,2 can anybody help me installing solaris on the pc??? also can the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slimydoom
2 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Toshiba Laptop Won't Run Bluetooth with Ubuntu

I am running Ubuntu 8.1 on a Toshiba Satellite P105-S9337 with built-in Bluetooth hardware. I cannot get the Bluetooth hardware to work with my Microsoft Bluetooth mouse. I have installed the tosh software with no luck. Does anyone have an idea as to what to try. I have several kernel mods... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjloeb
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

How is the after sales Service of HP,Dell & Toshiba in India?

Since i was planning to buy a laptop i was just wondering how Problematic these brands products are and how is the after sales service & warranty issues in India(Delhi). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Leyvanom
1 Replies
enable(1)							   User Commands							 enable(1)

NAME
enable, disable - enable/disable LP printers SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/enable printer... /usr/bin/disable [-c | -W] [ -r [reason]] printer... DESCRIPTION
The enable command activates printers, enabling them to print requests submitted by the lp command. enable must be run on the printer server. The disable command deactivates printers, disabling them from printing requests submitted by the lp command. By default, any requests that are currently printing on printer will be reprinted in their entirety either on printer or another member of the same class of printers. The disable command must be run on the print server. Use lpstat -p to check the status of printers. enable and disable only effect queueing on the print server's spooling system. Executing these commands from a client system will have no effect on the server. OPTIONS
The following options are supported for use with disable: -c Cancels any requests that are currently printing on printer. This option cannot be used with the -W option. If the printer is remote, the -c option will be silently ignored. -W Waits until the request currently being printed is finished before disabling printer. This option cannot be used with the -c option. If the printer is remote, the -W option will be silently ignored. -r [reason] Assigns a reason for the disabling of the printer(s). This reason applies to all printers specified. This reason is reported by lpstat -p. Enclose reason in quotes if it contains blanks. The default reason is "unknown reason" for the existing printer, and "new printer" for a printer added to the system but not yet enabled. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported for both enable and disable: printer The name of the printer to be enabled or disabled. Specify printer using atomic name. See printers.conf(4) for information regarding the naming conventions for atomic names. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. FILES
/var/spool/lp/* LP print queue. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lp(1), lpstat(1), printers.conf(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 1996 enable(1)