Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help with command to append strings Post 302125616 by bigearsbilly on Friday 6th of July 2007 04:03:04 AM
Old 07-06-2007
or

Code:
mailx -vs "subject" blah@here.com <<EOF
results:
`cat res.ttxt`
errors:
`cat errors.txt`
EOF

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append strings with filler spaces

Hi I am looping through the contents of a file as follows cat file |while read inrec do echo $inrec >> $TMP done (obviously this isn't all i am doing as it would be pointless but for the sake of the problem this is the important bit) The file has fields which are separated by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: handak9
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to append "spaces" between strings

HI, Supose I have the folowing strings: "unix" and "linux". I want to concatenate the two strings, inserting between them a variable number of spaces. ex1: unix linux ex2: unix linux Can you help me in this simple problem? Regards, Elio (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: efernandes
2 Replies

3. AIX

append file with tar command

hello, can i append files into tape without clear this tape thanks for help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbakry23
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append some strings line by line?

I would like to append the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4 and so on to the lines of the file: Adam Wilkins | Colorado | 36 John Butler | Los Angeles | 47 Cassey Johnson | Minneapolis | 25 Albert Aniston | Miami | 19 .... Tony Legler | Sacramento | 55 Matt Simmons | New York | 38 Output would look... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xinoo
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append something to a word using sed command

Hi, How to append something to already existing word. Suppose, I have the following line as a part of a file. VVV= jdbc:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dpu
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append command and strings to a text file

hi gurus, I'm executing some commands and I want to append both the command and output to a text file. Example: echo "strings -a wicmex.o|grep '$Header'" >> tmp.txt strings -a wicmex.o|grep '$Header' >> tmp.txt echo "strings -a libwip.a|grep '$Header'" >> tmp.txt strings -a libwip.a|grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: donisback
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use variables in 'sed' append command?

HELLO!! I'm trying to pass a variable with in the 'sed' command (which would add some piece of code to file at a particular line). We can use sed '{line-number}a\ alfjaljf\ aslfjsfsjafl\ adlfjaf\' file.txt If file.txt is Now, I would like to add the parameter 'lmn' after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to append matching strings in a file

Hi , I am writing a shell script to check pvsizes in linux box. # for i in `cat vgs1` > do > echo "########### $i ###########" > pvs|grep -i $i|awk '{print $2,$1,$5}'>pvs_$i > pvs|grep -i $i|awk '{print $1}'|while read a > do > fdisk -l $a|head -2|tail -1|awk '{print $2,$3}'>pvs_$i1 >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanduri
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append your messaage in UNIX command

Hi All, I am executing this command to capture all the outputs from Error_*.txt files to all.txt file as a single output. head -n -5 Error_*.txt > all.txt It gives me the output in all.txt as: ==> ErrorLog_batchSearch.txt <== 2014-03-09 17:07:28,193 ERROR Cannot parse property value... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankur328
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to append strings with whitespace?

Hi, Need help. This seems simple but I tried many things but failed to get what I wanted. Below is the input file: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bunny_merah19
7 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_MAILTO(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_MAILTO(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_MailTo - Notifies recipients by email in the event of resource takeover SYNOPSIS
MailTo [start | stop | status | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
This is a resource agent for MailTo. It sends email to a sysadmin whenever a takeover occurs. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
email The email address of sysadmin. (required, string, no default) subject The subject of the email. (optional, string, no default) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 10. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 10. status Performs a status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 10. Suggested interval: 10. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 10. Suggested interval: 10. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a MailTo resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive p_MailTo ocf:heartbeat:MailTo params email=string op monitor depth="0" timeout="10" interval="10" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/MailTo_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents UNKNOWN 06/09/2014 OCF_HEARTBEAT_MAILTO(7)