Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script not working after "tail -f" Post 302124711 by xander on Monday 2nd of July 2007 09:18:44 AM
Old 07-02-2007
MySQL Bravo Aigles !!!!!!!!!!! man you did it

Smilie

Many thanks to you My friend

You are really a man in the unix world

This time it worked

I really appreciate your help

Thankyou very much
SmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - immitate perpetual "tail"

Is there some way I can have a script monitor the newest line of a log file until a certain entry gets placed in the log? Basically I want to start this script, and have it spit up the last 10 lines or so to a browser via AJAX... the AJAX is not my problem though, as I have no idea how to go... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working..."sort" not working properly....

Hello all, I have a file - 12.txt cat 12.txt =============================================== Number of executions = 2 Total execution time (sec.ms) = 0.009883 Number of executions = 8 Total execution time (sec.ms) = 0.001270 Number of... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulpict
23 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

"sed" command is not working in shell script

Hi All, I am not much strong in shell scripting... I am using sed command in my script to find and replace a string....... This is how script looks : ############# #!/usr/bin/ksh CONFIG_FILE=iom_test.txt FIND=`echo "NIS_FTP_SERVER1=123.456.iom.com"` REPLACE=`echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: askumarece
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using "tail -f" in script

I am trying to use this script however it is not running well #!/bin/sh tail -f filename | grep -i -E 'error|warning' the code does not display the first 10 lines of the file that I want to check since after the file grow, it cannot grep "warning" as well #!/bin/sh A=`tail -f filename... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ikeQ
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"tail -n 1 filename" error while "head -n 1 filename" is ok?

Hi all, I was wondering why tail -n 2 filename produce an error when I manage to do similar command on head -n 2 filename SunOS{type8code0}: tail -n 2 filename usage: tail ] tail ] (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: type8code0
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

"find . -printf" without prepended "." path? Getting path to current working directory?

If I enter (simplified): find . -printf "%p\n" then all files in the output are prepended by a "." like ./local/share/test23.log How can achieve that a.) the leading "./" is omitted and/or b.) the full path to the current directory is inserted (enclosed by brackets and a blank)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pstein
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

"if" Loop not working when executing script using cron

I am facing this weird issue where the script is working fine from the command line but when I am executing it from cron though it is working fine but the "if" loop is processing else part though I know that the if part of the logic is true and ideally the loop should execute the if portion. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk2code
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automate "touch" bash script not working.

#!/bin/bash -i SAVEIFS=$IFS IFS=$"\n\b" picc=$* if ; then echo $TDATE if ; then touch dummy touch -t "tdate" dummy touch -r "dummy" "$picc" else echo -e "No mod date value to apply. If there is one in your shell,\ninvoke \eStarted asking advice on this (on Linuxquestions.org).... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamwrong
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
MODERATORS(5)							File Formats Manual						     MODERATORS(5)

NAME
moderators - submission addresses for moderated newsgroups DESCRIPTION
When an unapproved article is posted locally to a moderated newsgroup, rather than being passed off to innd(8) for normal handling, it's instead sent via e-mail to the submission address for that newsgroup. The file <pathetc in inn.conf>/moderators lists the submission addresses for moderated newsgroups. This file is used by nnrpd(8), inews(1), and any other program that uses the GetModeratorAddress() routine (see libinn(3).) The moderators file is a list of associations between wildmat(3) patterns matching newsgroups and the submission address for those news- groups. Blank lines and lines starting with a number sign (``#'') are ignored. All other lines should consist of those two fields sepa- rated by a colon. The second field, the submission address, may have at most one %s anywhere in it; if present, this will be replaced by the name of the newsgroup with periods replaced by dashes. If there is a literal ``%'' in the submission address, it must be written as ``%%'' (even if not followed by an ``s''). Here is a sample file: example.important:announce-request@example.com example.*:%s@smtp.example.com gnu.*:%s@prep.ai.mit.edu *:%s@moderators.isc.org Using the above file, postings to the moderated newsgroup in the left column will be sent to the address shown in the right column: example.important announce-request@example.com example.x.announce example-x-announce@smtp.example.com gnu.emacs.sources gnu-emacs-sources@prep.ai.mit.edu comp.sources.unix comp-sources-unix@moderators.isc.org Periods are converted to dashes for historical reasons, from back in the days when periods in the local part of addresses may not be han- dled correctly. It's probably no longer necessary, but so much now depends on it that it can't be easily changed. It's intended that the sample moderators file included in the INN distribution always be sufficient for all world-wide newsgroups. The hosts behind moderators.isc.org have graciously volunteered to handle forwarding tasks for all world-wide newsgroups so that individual sites don't have to keep track of the submission addresses for moderated groups. The forwarding database used by moderators.isc.org is coordinated by moderators-request@isc.org; if you know of a world-wide newsgroup hierarchy that is not correctly handled by modera- tors.isc.org, please send the details to that address. Given that, the only thing you should have to add to the sample file under normal circumstances are the forwarding addresses for local or limited distribution moderated groups. HISTORY
Written by Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net> for InterNetNews. This is revision 1.6, dated 1999/05/09. SEE ALSO
inews(1), inn.conf(5), libinn(3), wildmat(3). MODERATORS(5)