Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: do u know wat it ll cause?
Operating Systems AIX do u know wat it ll cause? Post 302123593 by sysgate on Tuesday 26th of June 2007 08:23:42 AM
Old 06-26-2007
How did you flat out the log file ? Renamed the old log file and touch /var/log/adminlog or echo "" > /var/log/adminlog ?
If the permissions are OK, the respective applications should be able to continue writinig there.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

KDE & Gnome, wat is the difference?

i have been reading some atticles but i still do not understand the diferrence btw KDE & Gnome. Someone once told me he prefers Gnome to KDE 'coz of it's audio support & Redhat says ver 7.3 has KDE 3.0 & Gnome 1.4. So could someone explain? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: da_gee
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

wat is the command to view the cpu utilization ? nothing works !!!!

hi ! i m in AIX box. i wanna chk the overall CPU utilization : in % . wat command i can try ? i m already done with Vmstat : giving some output iostat : not working (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingme8705
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wat is execute permission denied???

hi, i have a problem and is needed by next week. when i need to run a program at the specified time using the crontab, after that the program which will send a messege to the screen using the say command, which will show "Hello" but there is an error when i run it, in the mail it show that ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckng
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Noob, wat do i need etc

Hey everyone I am currently starting University, (Aus) and i am required to study Unix as apart of my study. We have gone through the basics in orientation but here at home they said i can access my files through the 'ssh' command. All i need to know is: - How will my wireless internet be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skylin3fr3ak
2 Replies
grablogs.conf(4)						   File Formats 						  grablogs.conf(4)

NAME
grablogs.conf - grablogs configuration for libgrablogs.so of the plugins of gnome-system-log file SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/gnome-system-log/plugins/grablogs.conf DESCRIPTION
The libgrablogs.so is a plugin for gnome-system-log(1), it colloct the log files from the system as many as possible. grablogs.conf is a configuration file that contains a set of lines mixed with sh(1) syntax codes and individual log files. libgrablogs.so will read the file try to get a log files list for gnome-system-log(1). Users can copy the file into $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-system-log/plugins/`uname -p` to overwrite the system default one. The grablogs.conf file contains the following configuration categories: [configs] Each line under this category is interpreted as a config file of System. The plugin will open the config file and try to find all system paths of the logs. [commands] Each line under this category is interpreted as a shell command and will be execute through a pipe. And each line of the out- put of the command will be interpreted as a log path. [logs] Each line under this category is interpreted as a log path. FILES
/usr/lib/gnome-system-log/plugins/grablogs.conf The system default configuration file for the plugin libgrablogs.so $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-system-log/plugins/`uname -p`/grablogs.conf The user specific configuration file for the plugin libgrablogs.so EMAMPLE
[configs] /etc/syslog.conf [commands] for i in `svcs -aH -o FMRI | grep -v lrc `; do svcprop -p restarter/logfile $i 2>/dev/null || svcprop -q -p restarter/alt_logfile $i 2>/dev/null ; done [logs] /var/log/messages /var/log/secure /var/log/maillog /var/log/cron /var/log/Xorg.0.log /var/log/XFree86.0.log /var/log/auth.log /var/log/cups/error_log SEE ALSO
gnome-system-log(1), pipelog.conf(1) gnome-utils 2.16.0 13 Oct 2006 grablogs.conf(4)