Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris boot: cannot open kernel/sparcv9/unix Post 302122941 by blanket on Friday 22nd of June 2007 06:49:57 AM
Old 06-22-2007
I am also getting this error. I have moved a Netra 440 attached to a raid.

When I try to boot up I get the same error.
The problem with themachine is after running the system checks it prompts:

Enter filename [kernel/sparcv9/unix]:

While at this prompt I have been unable to run any diagnostic commands as the system just returns

Enter filename [kernel/sparcv9/unix]: probe-scsi-all

boot: cannot open probe-scsi-all

Enter filename [kernel/sparcv9/unix]:

I have used this machine a lot with the OS on and only after moving I have
got this error. The critical light is on at the front of the box.

Thanks in advance
George

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Is there a way to give the name of another kernel from 'boot:' prompt.

Can I choose a kernel at 'boot:' prompt. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pacctono
1 Replies

2. SCO

Wanting to boot from a previous kernel

I tried to add ppp on a serial line tty1b and I relink the kernel. Now, I would like to boot from the previous kernel because I lost the connexion for the others terminal (serial lines) too. I would appreciate any help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacctono
3 Replies

3. Solaris

cannot open kernel/sparcv9/unix

Hi All, For those who have seen my previous posts will know that I've been battling to build a Sol 9 installation along side an existing Sol 8 installation. I now have a some CD's with which to try but I get the above error message whenever I try booting from them. This happens when I try... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pondlife
1 Replies

4. Solaris

A NEW version of "boot: cannot open kernel/sparcv9/unix "

Ok, I found this article: https://www.unix.com/sun-solaris/19665-boot-cannot-open-kernel-sparcv9-unix.html However it doesn't quite describe my situation. I have created a jumpstart DVD that works great, and installs my customized Solaris-10 (Yes 10, not 8 or 9 per previous posts) . It... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: biea
6 Replies

5. BSD

kernel fail to boot after recompile it

Salamo Alikom after recompilation my kernel does not boot and display msg said : enter full path to bash : /bin/sh i try fsck -r ,fsck -y but the problem is steel . my make.conf : PERL_VER=5.8.8 OVERRIDE_LINUX_BASE_PORT=f8 PERL_VERSION=5.8.8 MODULES_OVERRIDE = linux acpi accf_http pccard msdosfs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SIFE
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 - Unable to boot the system "panic: cannot open /kernel/amd64/unix"

Hi All, I have installed Solaris 10 on my AMD 64 3000+ system. I was playing with grub commands eeprom and bootadm commands. I screwed my boot-file and now am unable to boot the system. Gets error msg as "panic: cannot open /kernel/amd64/unix". I booted the system is filesafe and tried update the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath K V
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New kernel won't boot

I compiled new kernel in linux 10.04 called linux-2.6.26.8-xenomai, it runs alongside the other kernel, but when I want to boot it I get an error message saying: Missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls /dev) ALERT! /dev/sda5 does not exist. After making the modules and headers I made the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdop
4 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Kernel boot options removed by fault, no boot options

Hello Everyone, First of all, I highly appreciate all Linux forum members and whole Linux community. http://forums.linuxmint.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif. I wish you the best for all of you ! I will try to be short and concise: I am using Linux Mint 10 for 2 months on 2 ws, and all went... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdt
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Kernel can not boot after upgrade on Fedora OS 15.

Hello, everyone. I am using Fedora 15, and want to upgrade to version 16. I follow the official link Upgrading Fedora using yum - FedoraProject to upgrade my OS by the following command: yum update kernel* --releasever=16 yum groupupdate Base --releasever=16 reboot After reboot, OS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
2 Replies

10. Linux

Unload kernel module at boot time (Debian Wheezy 7.2, 3.2.0-4-686-pae kernel)

Hi everyone, I am trying to prevent the ehci_hcd kernel module to load at boot time. Here's what I've tried so far: 1) Add the following line to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf (as suggested here): 2) Blacklisted the module by adding the following string to 3) Tried to blacklist the module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
0 Replies
usba(7D)																  usba(7D)

NAME
usba, usb - Solaris USB Architecture (USBA) USB provides a low-cost means for attaching peripheral devices, including mass-storage devices, keyboards, mice, and printers, to a system. For complete information on USB, go to the USB website at http://www.usb.org. USBA supports 126 hot-pluggable USB devices per USB bus. The maximum data transfer rate is 1.5 Mbits (low speed USB 1.x) or 12 Mbits (full speed USB 1.x) or 480 MBits (high speed USB 2.0) Mbits per second (Mbps). USBA adheres to the Universal Serial Bus 2.0 specification and provides a transport layer abstraction to USB client drivers. FILES
Listed below are drivers and modules which either utilize or are utilized by USBA. Drivers in /kernel/drv are 32 bit drivers ( only). Driv- ers in /kernel/drv/sparcv9 or /kernel/drv/amd64 are 64 bit drivers. +------------------------------------+----------------------------------+ | CLIENT DRIVER | FUNCTION/DEVICE | +------------------------------------+----------------------------------+ |/kernel/drv/[sparcv9|amd64/]hid | HID class | +------------------------------------+----------------------------------+ |/kernel/drv/[sparcv9|amd64/]hubd | hub class | +------------------------------------+----------------------------------+ |/ker- | mass storage class | |nel/drv/[sparcv9|amd64/]scsa2usb | | +------------------------------------+----------------------------------+ |/kernel/drv/[sparcv9|amd64/]usbprn | printer class | +------------------------------------+----------------------------------+ |/kernel/drv/[sparcv9|amd64/]usb_as | audio streaming class | +------------------------------------+----------------------------------+ |/kernel/drv/[sparcv9|amd64/]usb_ac | audio control class | +------------------------------------+----------------------------------+ |/kernel/drv/[sparcv9|amd64/]usb_mid | multi-interface device | +------------------------------------+----------------------------------+ |/kernel/drv/[sparcv9|amd64/]usb- | Edgeport USB to serial port | |ser_edge | | +------------------------------------+----------------------------------+ |/kernel/drv/[sparcv9|amd64/]ugen | generic USB driver | +------------------------------------+----------------------------------+ |/kernel/drv/[sparcv9|amd64/]ohci | open host controller driver | +------------------------------------+----------------------------------+ |/kernel/drv/[sparcv9|amd64/]uhci | universal host controller driver | +------------------------------------+----------------------------------+ |/kernel/drv/[sparcv9|amd64/]ehci | enhanced host controller driver | +------------------------------------+----------------------------------+ +--------------------------------+-----------------------------+ | CLIENT STREAMS MODULES | FUNCTION/DEVICE | +--------------------------------+-----------------------------+ |/kernel/strmod/[sparcv9/]usbkbm | Keyboard | +--------------------------------+-----------------------------+ |/kernel/strmod/[sparcv9/]usbms | Mouse | +--------------------------------+-----------------------------+ |/kernel/strmod/[sparcv9/]usb_ah | audio HID | +--------------------------------+-----------------------------+ +------------------------------------------+----------------+ | HOST CONTROLLER INTERFACE DRIVERS | DEVICE | +------------------------------------------+----------------+ |/kernel/drv/[sparcv9/]ehci | Enhanced HCI | +------------------------------------------+----------------+ |/kernel/drv/[sparcv9/]ohci | Open HCI | +------------------------------------------+----------------+ |/kernel/drv/[sparcv9/]uhci | Universal HCI | +------------------------------------------+----------------+ See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |PCI-based systems | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWusb | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ cfgadm_usb(1M), attributes(5), ehci(7D), hid(7D), hubd(7D), ohci(7D), scsa2usb(7D), uhci(7D), usb_ac(7D), usb_as(7D), usb_mid(7D), usbprn(7D), usbser_edge(7D), ugen(7D), virtualkm(7D) Universal Serial Bus Specification 2.0. System Administration Guide: Basic Administration http://www.sun.com/io NOTES
Booting from USB mass-storage devices is not supported. The messages described below may appear on the system console as well as being logged. All messages are formatted in the following manner: WARNING: Error message... No driver found for device <device_name> (interface <number> node name=<node_name>) The installed Solaris software does not contain a supported driver for this hardware. <number> is the interface number. <name> is either the device path name or the device name. Draining callbacks timed out! An internal error occured. Please reboot your system. If this problem persists, contact your system vendor. 27 June 2005 usba(7D)