Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Substitution of char with AWK Post 302121449 by cfajohnson on Wednesday 13th of June 2007 10:53:21 PM
Old 06-13-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario dionne
I created a file contains:

create table .....;
create index ....;
create trigger...;

and I want to substitue from my file ; by ;-- from the line where appears create trigger to the end of the file and keep intact the create table step and index in the file.

awk '/CREATE TRIGGER/,/END;/ { gsub(/;/, ";--") print} ' db2look.bk > toto

Regular expressions are case sensitive, and "/END/" is looking for the literal string "END".

Code:
awk '
   /create trigger/ { n = 1 }
   n                { gsub(/;/, ";--")
                      print }
 ' db2look.bk > toto

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

field substitution w/awk

I want to replace columns 15 thru 22 with a date in this format mmddyyyy in a file that has fixed record length of 110 columns. Only lines with column 1 = "T" will be changed but I can't seem to get it to work. I saw several postings and tried to work with them but they don't work for me... ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: giannicello
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk variable substitution

for the command below, it looks for the 3rd field value matching "P" and printing it. awk '{if ($3 == "P") print}' file how would i express this if i use a loop to find more that 1 variable fro a list? this doesn't seem to work... cat list | while read n do awk '{if ($3 == "$n") print}'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apalex
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Char to Dec using AWK

I'm facing a problem when trying to read a file and convert the content from char to decimal in ASCII. :confused: eg :- Input file : 20051231 8.00 experted result : 50484853495051493256464848 The content of input file is vary very day. I need to use AWK script to program it. Pls... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasmine05
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK substitution

I need to copy field 2 to field 3 for only those records that have the 1st field equal to account e.g. file account|123|789|xxx|yyy|zzz|... account_group|444|555|xxx|yy|zz|.... account|456|901|aaa|bbb|ccc|..... after running awk script should look like account|123|123|xxx|yyy|zzz|...... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: klut
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with awk substitution

Hi again. A have a CSV-file in the following format: 2008.09.01,15:17:42,9227096485,9233175320,CTC10,SMS,0901151742098314,Target_MSIS DN_is_blacklisted I want to have an awk command that will say: If the first 3 digits of $4 does not begin with 922 or 923, then make $8 say "Invalid... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daytripper1021
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitution in AWK

I am trying to use AWK to replace dallinux02 to dallinux03 everywhere in the servers.txt file and move it over to "awk2". Here is my script "awk2.awk": gsub(/dallinux02/, "dallinux03"); print > "awk2" I am trying to run this using the following: $ awk -f awk2.awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ora_umair
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

can I remove the first char using AWK?

Hi everyone, suppose that I have the following line: #test your knowledge can I use AWK to print the word "test" only? without the #? what should I change to this: awk '{print $1}' thanks in advance guys (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abdulelah
2 Replies

8. Programming

AWK char '

Is it possibile to change char ' to another with awk? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MSMario
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk substitution

Hi all, I need some help with substitution in awk. Is it possible to substitute field from awk output with string from file? For example: zcat /SMS/CDR/cdr_TC/callLogs*_*_2013092710*.gz | sed 's/:/;/g' | awk -F";" '{if($2==1 && $10~/389123456789/) print $36";"$37}' 2;19733248 I want... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasil
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk, function of underscore char.

Hello Friends, I would appreciate so much if you could explain how the underscores works at the following code? Sorry if it sounds a bit novice question. awk -F',' 'NR==FNR{_=1;next}!_{print}' exclude infile KR, Eagle (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
6 Replies
DROP 
TRIGGER(7) SQL Commands DROP TRIGGER(7) NAME
DROP TRIGGER - remove a trigger SYNOPSIS
DROP TRIGGER name ON table [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ] INPUTS name The name of an existing trigger. table The name (optionally schema-qualified) of a table. CASCADE Automatically drop objects that depend on the trigger. RESTRICT Refuse to drop the trigger if there are any dependent objects. This is the default. OUTPUTS DROP TRIGGER The message returned if the trigger is successfully dropped. ERROR: DropTrigger: there is no trigger name on relation "table" This message occurs if the trigger specified does not exist. DESCRIPTION
DROP TRIGGER will remove an existing trigger definition. To execute this command the current user must be the owner of the table for which the trigger is defined. EXAMPLES
Destroy the if_dist_exists trigger on table films: DROP TRIGGER if_dist_exists ON films; COMPATIBILITY
SQL92 There is no DROP TRIGGER statement in SQL92. SQL99 The DROP TRIGGER statement in PostgreSQL is incompatible with SQL99. In SQL99, trigger names are not local to tables, so the command is simply DROP TRIGGER name. SEE ALSO
CREATE TRIGGER [create_trigger(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2002-11-22 DROP TRIGGER(7)