Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ssh and commands
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ssh and commands Post 302121359 by hankooknara on Wednesday 13th of June 2007 11:14:13 AM
Old 06-13-2007
I will try that.. i wonder if small shell script will work that consist of multiple pipes that needs to be excuted on remote servers..

also, one more question.. this i created this script so that others can use.. but i dont want them to type in the passwd.. I already have authorized_keys setup.. so i dont need to type passwd when i run .. but i dont want others to type in passwd either..

I thought I could give the script set uid as me.. and add path to my home directory's .ssh.. and in the script run as me.. e.g., ssh myid@remoteserver

but this does not work..

any idea?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH Compress Commands

I am brand new to unix and am hoping someone can start me in the right direction. I hope I have the right forum but if not can a moderator move this thread to the right area. I am moving servers and need to back up a folder and its sub folders into a .tar.gz file then want to upload that file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kushti
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh and unix commands

hello, when using ssh, ssh user@<host> do_collect_info.sh I have this error: do_collect_info.sh: ifconfig: not found the error does not appear when I run the sh script locally (no ssh) on the host and with the same user. any idea why? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remote ssh commands help

I have a script that I'm trying to use that will check for files on a remote machine and if there is files copy the files, modify the perm on the copied files, and then delete the files off of the remote server. Right now I need to get the correct syntax so the the remote commands still interpret... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcalisi
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

could not send commands SSH session with Net::SSH::Expect

I am using Net::SSH::Expect to connect to the device(iLO) with SSH. After the $ssh->login() I'm able to view the prompt, but not able to send any coommands. With the putty I can connect to the device and execute the commands without any issues. Here is the sample script my $ssh =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansini
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash commands to an 'ssh' within an ssh'

I've struggled to find a solution to this problem from searching so I thought I'd write a post to see what can be done. I'm attempting to connect and run commands on 'server2' but because of security limitations I cannot access it directly. I can however ssh into 'server1' and then into... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcintosh.jamie
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing commands over ssh

Hi I am trying to send a command over ssh with a parameter but the shell fails to expand the command properly any ideas what am i doing wrong with this. This is ssh on AIX for i in 71 72 73 74 75 do for server in server1 server2 do somestr="Some String" echo "$server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh commands in Perl

I'm new to perl. I have a input file with pipe delimited lines which have server_name, and file names as fields. The file names have wild card (*) in the input feed file. The actual file names will be suffixed with timestamps. Ex: Actual files in remote servers server_1/abc_20110801.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bperl
3 Replies

8. Programming

Using Commands over SSH using Sudo

Is there a way to transfer my sudo password via ssh so that I can copy files remotely and pass them locally, so: cat sudo-passwd-file|ssh -t user@10.7.0.180 'sudo find / -depth|cpio -oacv|gzip' > /path/to/dir/file.cpio.gz I am in the process of a creating a script. Everytime I try and just... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH + multiple commands

Sorry for the basic question here, but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. I want to alias a command that will ssh and then open up bbedit all in 1 command. alias bbb 'ssh NAME@SERVER bbedit' returns: bash: bbedit: command not found It returns this same thing for anything except... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: busdriver
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote ssh commands

ssh XXXXX@XXXXX'. $HOME/.profile 2>/dev/null;cd $COMMON_TOP/admin/scripts/$CONTEXT_NAME; adcmctl.sh start "apps${AppsPass}" || cd $ADMIN_SCRIPTS_HOME; adcmctl.sh start "apps${AppsPass}"' As per our business requirement we should be able to execute the above two commands seprated with or ( || )... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Y.balakrishna
4 Replies
HESIOD(3)						     Library Functions Manual							 HESIOD(3)

NAME
hesiod_getpwnam, hesiod_getpwuid, hesiod_free_passwd - Hesiod functions for retrieving passwd information SYNOPSIS
#include <hesiod.h> struct passwd *hesiod_getpwnam(void *context, const char *name) struct passwd *hesiod_getpwuid(void *context, uid_t uid) void hesiod_free_passwd(void *context, struct passwd *pw) cc file.c -lhesiod DESCRIPTION
This family of functions allows you to retrieve passwd database information using Hesiod. To perform lookups, you need an initialized Hes- iod context; see hesiod(3) for details. You may look up passwd information by name or by uid; information is returned in the same format as by getpwnam or getpwuid. It is the caller's responsibility to call hesiod_free_passwd with the returned passwd entry to free the resources used by the passwd entry. Hesiod queries for passwd information are made using the ``passwd'' or ``uid'' Hesiod type, using either the username or the decimal repre- sentation of the uid as the Hesiod name. The corresponding records should be a colon-separated list of fields giving the username, encrypted password, uid, gid, GECOS information, home directory, and shell of the user. RETURN VALUES
On failure, hesiod_getpwnam and hesiod_getpwuid return NULL and set the global variable errno to indicate the error. ERRORS
These calls may fail for any of the reasons the routine hesiod_resolve may fail. SEE ALSO
hesiod(3) 30 November 1996 HESIOD(3)