Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Count and Auto FTP
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Count and Auto FTP Post 302121312 by praveenkumar_l on Wednesday 13th of June 2007 04:30:11 AM
Old 06-13-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by dappa
And again i have a syntax error! There must be a way round this?

count=`ls /AUDDIS* | wc -l`

if [[ $count -gt 0 ]]
then
exec 4>&1
ftp -v -n <<-EOF
print -p open $???.???.???.???
user "user" "pwrd"
print -p cd \\???.???.???.???\????\Files\Auddis out
print -p ascii
print -p mput AUDDIS*.DAT_conv
print -p mput DDR*.DAT_conv
print -p bye
EOF
exit 0
else
exit 0
fi
Why you use "print"? Remove it and try alone the commands

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto FTP to a server

Hi, I am trying to automate FTP login to a remote server and put a file there. But no matter what i do, It still is aksing me for the login and password although i have it defined in the variable. Could you tell me what is wrong with this script. I am doing this on SUN server. Pls... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemali
11 Replies

2. Programming

Auto FTP from UNIX to Windows Server

Hi, I am a not strong programmer and now my boss ask me how should I do a job to automated FTP that have error check. I know about: * using system() to call a command to trigger ftp in C Coding. The senarios as follows: 1. FTP the file(s) (e.g ELA_20060407.dat) to a given LAN server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: songtam
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

auto ftp the files

i have writen a shell to ftp a file automatically by taking the input from a file i have created on file tstftp as set timeout 120 ftp spawn ftp expect "ftp>" send "o 11.90.2.20 \r" expect "Name:" send "itcomxxl\r" expect "Password:" send "csms091206\r" expect "ftp>" send "prompt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sasiprabu
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find out the line count over FTP connection

I need help to find out the number of lines in a file which exists in remote machine. I the remote machine, auto login is enabled. So I do not need to worry about the username or password. But the problem is, I do not know how I can find out the line count once I get the FTP prompt. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rita_questions
1 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

ftp-count files

How can I count files on ftp-site? I'm connecting thru ftp and I want to count files in my ftp-directory. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gd2003
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Count total file downloaded using FTP

Hi All, I'm developing a FTP script as below: ftp -v -n <IP_ADDRESS> << EOF user avery jSqaqUU2 lcd /directory/folder/ ascii prompt mget * bye EOF I would like to enhance the script to count the total file downloaded. For example, once the script run i want the message "Total <n>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cas553
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bad argument count, tryig to FTP

I have a file in a Unix directory called 97210900.EFT I am getting this error: miis_ftp.ELM_EFT.shl: cd: bad argument count + + type=1 + ErrorHandle Here is the piece of code that is checking the file # Change the directory to one contains the file to be transported ##cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rechever
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto Ftp pseudo random file

I have a script that generates a file which is my own incarnation of a date using the 'date' function (we'll call this script a). I would like that script to invoke my other script (script b) which contains my ftp info. Since I have yet to figure out a good way to use regular ftp (yes i can only... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DC Slick
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Need HELP] Find aging file and auto FTP

Dear Experts, I have script to find aging file like this: find /ArchiveINTF/INTF name "*" -type f -mtime +365 {} \; >> agingfile.txt This script will find all files over 365 days. But, I have problem, how to auto FTP all files? Thanks Edy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
3 Replies
SIMPLEFTP(1)						    InterNetNews Documentation						      SIMPLEFTP(1)

NAME
simpleftp - Rudimentary FTP client SYNOPSIS
simpleftp url [...] DESCRIPTION
simpleftp is a Perl script that provides basic support for fetching files with FTP in a batch oriented fashion. It takes one or more FTP URLs on the command line. The file(s) will be retrieved from the remote server and placed in the current directory with the same basename as on the remote; e.g., <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/active.gz> is stored as active.gz in the current directory. The script properly understands usernames, passwords and ports specified as follows: ftp://user:password@host:port/path/file BUGS
simpleftp is an extremely poor substitute for more complete programs like the freely available wget or ncftp utilities. It was written only to provide elementary support in INN for non-interactive fetching of the files in <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/pgpcontrol/> or <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/> without requiring administrators to install yet another package. Its shortcomings as a general purpose program are too numerous to mention, but one that stands out is that downloaded files by simpleftp override existing files with the same name in the local directory. HISTORY
Tossed off by David C Lawrence <tale@isc.org> for InterNetNews. Rewritten to use "Net::FTP" by Julien Elie. $Id: simpleftp.pod 8357 2009-02-27 17:56:00Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
actsync(8). INN 2.5.2 2009-05-21 SIMPLEFTP(1)