Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting I do I execute several files in a directory Post 302120770 by nagomes on Friday 8th of June 2007 05:04:22 AM
Old 06-08-2007
Can you explain better?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CRON job to execute all scripts in a directory

Hi everyone: I'm trying to make a CRON job that will execute Fridays at 7am. I have the following: * 7 * * 5 I've been studying up on CRON and I know to have this in a file and then "crontab filename.txt" to add it to the CRON job list. The CRON part I believe I understand, but I would... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Annorax
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

About read,write & execute permissons of a directory

Hi all, I want to know differences between read,write & execute permissons given to directory. Thanx in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwasrao
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about difference between read & execute permisson for directory.

Hi all, I want to know what is difference between read & execute permission for a directory. Thanx in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwasrao
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute script on files in another directory?

Hi Guys, Is there any way I can execute my bash script on files in a different folder than what the script is in? Here is an excerpt of my script: #!/usr/bin/bash input_path="/cygdrive/c/files" output_path="/cygdrive/c/files/data" #script uses files from /cygdrive/c/files directory,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
1 Replies

5. AIX

Do you need execute permission to navigate to a directory?

i have a user 'bart' which does not belong to apps group (as shown below) and i want him to be able to navigate to TEST directory.. i gave him read access but he cannot get through. when i added execute permission he was able to navigate to TEST drwxr-xr-- 3 draco apps 4096 Apr... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipahoys
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically execute all programs in a directory

Hello. The last days I extended an open-source C++ library by some faster functions. This library provides a lot of short test programs which guarantee that the library works exactly. The compilation of each test works in a Makefile automatically. What I need is a shell script which... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: max3000
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not to execute any graph if the file in a directory is zero bytes

How to code shell script to know if the file in a dirctory is empty i.e., zero byte then not to execute any graph.Please help on this thanks in advance. ---------- Post updated at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:14 AM ---------- I know if clause wil help.my question is how to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamsi86
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute korn shell script from different directory

Guy's , I need to run korn shell script from different directory, usually I run the script using ./details.ksh in the same directory but now I need to run the file and process details using awk code. Now I am running the script this way but with no luck Directory = home/users/work ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: James_Owen
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute a command in different directory through Unix Script

Hi Gurus, I have the below requirement, Execute an unix script which will pick the latest file from the archive directory and do a grep (on multiple patterns) on that file. processingDir="/usr/apps/irdc/informatica/spsf_sales/TgtFiles/ARCHIVE" filename = 'ls Check* | sort -n -k 2 |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: diva_thilak
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

Chroot: cannot execute /bin/sh: No such file or directory

Hi Expert, I'm having grub problem here: grub> root (hd0,0): Filesystem type is ext2 grub> setup Error 11 : Unrecognized Device String I try install boot loader follow the instruction from 26.2. Booting into Rescue Mode It says : select Continue, it attempts to mount your file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
4 Replies
DIFF(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   DIFF(1)

NAME
diff - differential file comparator SYNOPSIS
diff [ -efbh ] file1 file2 DESCRIPTION
Diff tells what lines must be changed in two files to bring them into agreement. If file1 (file2) is `-', the standard input is used. If file1 (file2) is a directory, then a file in that directory whose file-name is the same as the file-name of file2 (file1) is used. The normal output contains lines of these forms: n1 a n3,n4 n1,n2 d n3 n1,n2 c n3,n4 These lines resemble ed commands to convert file1 into file2. The numbers after the letters pertain to file2. In fact, by exchanging `a' for `d' and reading backward one may ascertain equally how to convert file2 into file1. As in ed, identical pairs where n1 = n2 or n3 = n4 are abbreviated as a single number. Following each of these lines come all the lines that are affected in the first file flagged by `<', then all the lines that are affected in the second file flagged by `>'. The -b option causes trailing blanks (spaces and tabs) to be ignored and other strings of blanks to compare equal. The -e option produces a script of a, c and d commands for the editor ed, which will recreate file2 from file1. The -f option produces a similar script, not useful with ed, in the opposite order. In connection with -e, the following shell program may help maintain multiple versions of a file. Only an ancestral file ($1) and a chain of version-to-version ed scripts ($2,$3,...) made by diff need be on hand. A `latest version' appears on the standard output. (shift; cat $*; echo '1,$p') | ed - $1 Except in rare circumstances, diff finds a smallest sufficient set of file differences. Option -h does a fast, half-hearted job. It works only when changed stretches are short and well separated, but does work on files of unlimited length. Options -e and -f are unavailable with -h. FILES
/tmp/d????? /usr/lib/diffh for -h SEE ALSO
cmp(1), comm(1), ed(1) DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is 0 for no differences, 1 for some, 2 for trouble. BUGS
Editing scripts produced under the -e or -f option are naive about creating lines consisting of a single `.'. DIFF(1)