Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: /var/cron/log Return Codes
Operating Systems Solaris /var/cron/log Return Codes Post 302120137 by sjames on Monday 4th of June 2007 12:59:03 PM
Old 06-04-2007
/var/cron/log Return Codes

I want to know if there is any documentation or any type of information that can give a list of all of the return codes that can be seen in the /var/cron/log. I have seen a couple in my log file. Example: rc=1 and rc=64.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Return codes

I have the below script I am running on a Solaris system to check the status of a Tivoli Workload Scheduler job and return the status. We need this script to return a '0' if any of the jobs in the stream are in a "EXEC" state and an "1" if in a "HOLD" state. I am not a programmer so I am not sure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leezer1204
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Return codes

Hi, Can anyone tell me if there are return codes for SFTP? If so how would you capture them? I've tried 'man sftp' but its not particularly helpful. Many thanks Helen :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

LAuS error messages in /var/log/cron

I'm running RedHat Linux Enterprise Server ES Version 3 and I've stopped the audit service. Now I'm getting the following error messages in /var/log/cron May 17 07:01:01 pam crond: LAuS error - do_command.c:243 - laus_log: (19) laus_log: No such device May 17 08:01:01 pam crond: (root) CMD... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soliberus
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Return Codes

I have a simple script which renames a file.How do i capture the return code of the script if the script fails (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kris01752
3 Replies

5. AIX

AIX and cron logs filtering ?: /etc/cronlog.conf, /var/adm/cron/log

Hi, I can use 'crontabs –e' and do all the scheduling I like. However I would like to auto send myself just the cronjobs logs that fail. That is to say the PIDs that fail and the related lines with those PID’s only. (Not the full set of logs) Has anyone done this work? Or does an AIX 5.3 tool... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keith Johnson
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with return codes

Hi In an unix script I am using an Perl one liner perl -i -ne '-----' If the perl one liner fails i am not able to catch the return code. It always give 0 as return code. Can you tell me how can i catch the return code perl -i -ne '---' RETCODE=$? echo $RETCODE Thanks and Regards Ammu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp return codes

sftp -v b $putlist $SFTP_ID@TARGET_SERVER How can I get a return code if fails to put the file? sftp -v b $getlist $SFTP_ID@TARGET_SERVER How can I get a return code if fails to put the file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TimHortons
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Different Return Codes

Hi, I wanted to know the significance of different return codes when we do echo $? I know when $? returns 0 the command has worked successfully. but what does $? = 1, 2, 3 etc. signify. Thanks in advance for the help !!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarti.popi
3 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Oracle return codes?

Having searched high and low through Oracles documentation, I came to think that they're very scripting-averse, as there's (apparently) no list of possible return/exit codes for their various command line utilities. Is anyone here in possession of such a list, or knows where to find one? It... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: pludi
16 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Return Codes...

Not sure if this is of any use but...... I was messing around with getting return codes greater than 255 for special usage... Of course the code could be made simple but in this code the new stored return code is generated as exit is progressing... #!/bin/sh # Real and imaginary return... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
9 Replies
grablogs.conf(4)						   File Formats 						  grablogs.conf(4)

NAME
grablogs.conf - grablogs configuration for libgrablogs.so of the plugins of gnome-system-log file SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/gnome-system-log/plugins/grablogs.conf DESCRIPTION
The libgrablogs.so is a plugin for gnome-system-log(1), it colloct the log files from the system as many as possible. grablogs.conf is a configuration file that contains a set of lines mixed with sh(1) syntax codes and individual log files. libgrablogs.so will read the file try to get a log files list for gnome-system-log(1). Users can copy the file into $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-system-log/plugins/`uname -p` to overwrite the system default one. The grablogs.conf file contains the following configuration categories: [configs] Each line under this category is interpreted as a config file of System. The plugin will open the config file and try to find all system paths of the logs. [commands] Each line under this category is interpreted as a shell command and will be execute through a pipe. And each line of the out- put of the command will be interpreted as a log path. [logs] Each line under this category is interpreted as a log path. FILES
/usr/lib/gnome-system-log/plugins/grablogs.conf The system default configuration file for the plugin libgrablogs.so $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-system-log/plugins/`uname -p`/grablogs.conf The user specific configuration file for the plugin libgrablogs.so EMAMPLE
[configs] /etc/syslog.conf [commands] for i in `svcs -aH -o FMRI | grep -v lrc `; do svcprop -p restarter/logfile $i 2>/dev/null || svcprop -q -p restarter/alt_logfile $i 2>/dev/null ; done [logs] /var/log/messages /var/log/secure /var/log/maillog /var/log/cron /var/log/Xorg.0.log /var/log/XFree86.0.log /var/log/auth.log /var/log/cups/error_log SEE ALSO
gnome-system-log(1), pipelog.conf(1) gnome-utils 2.16.0 13 Oct 2006 grablogs.conf(4)