Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Runnin Sequential commands
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Runnin Sequential commands Post 302120108 by silk_eye on Monday 4th of June 2007 06:29:36 AM
Old 06-04-2007
sequential commands in shell

mkdir /export/zone3
chhm0d 700 /export/zone3
zonecfg -z zone3 <<EOF
create
set zonepath=/export/zone3
set autoboot=true
add net
set physical=bge0
set address=172.1.2.86
end
verify
commit
exit
EOF
zonedam -z zone3 install

i tried using this but it just creating the path and its directory nothin s being performed!!! wat 2 do? after zonecfg:zone3> the prompt has 2 change into zonecfg:zone3:net > after executin add net cmd! but in vain nothin s being performed from the shell script
Edit/Delete Message

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

running script sequential

I have 4 scripts I need to run sequentially(can't run simultaneously) What's the syntax for it? I am running Korn Shell. Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocjunky
2 Replies

2. Programming

Reading special characters while converting sequential file to line sequential

We have to convert a sequential file to a 80 char line sequential file (HP UX platform).The sequential file contains special characters. which after conversion of the file to line sequential are getting coverted into "new line" or "tab" and file is getting distorted. Is there any way to read these... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sequential to line sequential

Hi I have a file sequential way i.e. written in contineous mode and the Record Seperator is AM from which the record is seperated .Now to process I have to make line sequential,and more over record length is not same it varies as per the input address, AM1234563 John Murray 24 Old streeet old... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vakharia Mahesh
5 Replies

4. Programming

Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX

Writing a Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX I have over the years come across the same issue a couple of times, and it normally is that the read speed on SAN is absolutely atrocious when doing non-sequential I/O to the disks. Problem being of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrghost
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequential numbers

Hi All, I am looking for a simple way to write numbers to a file sequentially starting from 1 and ending on a specified upper limit. Example of the output file is below Example 1 2 3 4 5 . . . . 1000 please let me know the best way to do it. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequential counting

Hi have a file of the following format a1 a1 a2 a2 a4 a4 a4 a3 a3 a5 a6 a6 a6 a6 .. 100's of lines (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequential execution of commands in ksh

I need to run few commands in a ksh script sequentially. Some of the commands are jobs submitted to the server and the consecutive commands are dependent on the completion of the jobs submitted to the server. It works if i separate the commands into different files like this #!/bin/ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashob123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequential numbering from 1 to ten

Hi I am in a bind, I need create a script that will rename files as they come into a folder with sequential numbering at the begining starting at 1 and proceeding to ten then starting at 1 again. Such as 1_filename.pdf, 2_filename.pdf, 3_filename.pdf, 4_filename.pdf, 5_filename.pdf, 6_filename.pdf,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Walker
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting sequential pattern

Hi, Can someone advise/help me on how to write a script to extract sequential lines. I was able to find and get a script working to create permutations of the inputs, but that not what I want/need. awk 'function perm(p,s, i) { for(i=1;i<=n;i++) if(p==1) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fuzzi
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for sequential pattern

input file: 4 5 1 A 1 2 3 4 s 8 (input file can be many millions of lines long) I want to search the example input file above, and when I find 4 sequential rows with values of 1,2,3,4 return those values and the two previous ones. In this case it should return 1,A,1,2,3,4 I know... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cedenker
8 Replies
EXPORT(1P)						     POSIX Programmer's Manual							EXPORT(1P)

PROLOG
This manual page is part of the POSIX Programmer's Manual. The Linux implementation of this interface may differ (consult the correspond- ing Linux manual page for details of Linux behavior), or the interface may not be implemented on Linux. NAME
export - set the export attribute for variables SYNOPSIS
export name[=word]... export -p DESCRIPTION
The shell shall give the export attribute to the variables corresponding to the specified names, which shall cause them to be in the envi- ronment of subsequently executed commands. If the name of a variable is followed by = word, then the value of that variable shall be set to word. The export special built-in shall support the Base Definitions volume of IEEE Std 1003.1-2001, Section 12.2, Utility Syntax Guidelines. When -p is specified, export shall write to the standard output the names and values of all exported variables, in the following format: "export %s=%s ", <name>, <value> if name is set, and: "export %s ", <name> if name is unset. The shell shall format the output, including the proper use of quoting, so that it is suitable for reinput to the shell as commands that achieve the same exporting results, except: 1. Read-only variables with values cannot be reset. 2. Variables that were unset at the time they were output need not be reset to the unset state if a value is assigned to the variable between the time the state was saved and the time at which the saved output is reinput to the shell. When no arguments are given, the results are unspecified. OPTIONS
See the DESCRIPTION. OPERANDS
See the DESCRIPTION. STDIN
Not used. INPUT FILES
None. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
None. ASYNCHRONOUS EVENTS
Default. STDOUT
See the DESCRIPTION. STDERR
The standard error shall be used only for diagnostic messages. OUTPUT FILES
None. EXTENDED DESCRIPTION
None. EXIT STATUS
Zero. CONSEQUENCES OF ERRORS
Default. The following sections are informative. APPLICATION USAGE
None. EXAMPLES
Export PWD and HOME variables: export PWD HOME Set and export the PATH variable: export PATH=/local/bin:$PATH Save and restore all exported variables: export -p > temp-fileunset a lot of variables... processing. temp-file RATIONALE
Some historical shells use the no-argument case as the functional equivalent of what is required here with -p. This feature was left unspecified because it is not historical practice in all shells, and some scripts may rely on the now-unspecified results on their imple- mentations. Attempts to specify the -p output as the default case were unsuccessful in achieving consensus. The -p option was added to allow portable access to the values that can be saved and then later restored using; for example, a dot script. FUTURE DIRECTIONS
None. SEE ALSO
Special Built-In Utilities COPYRIGHT
Portions of this text are reprinted and reproduced in electronic form from IEEE Std 1003.1, 2003 Edition, Standard for Information Technol- ogy -- Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX), The Open Group Base Specifications Issue 6, Copyright (C) 2001-2003 by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc and The Open Group. In the event of any discrepancy between this version and the original IEEE and The Open Group Standard, the original IEEE and The Open Group Standard is the referee document. The original Standard can be obtained online at http://www.opengroup.org/unix/online.html . IEEE
/The Open Group 2003 EXPORT(1P)