Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to trim the leading zeroes in a Currency field ? Post 302119239 by panknil on Tuesday 29th of May 2007 01:00:29 AM
Old 05-29-2007
PHP How to trim the leading zeroes in a Currency field ?

Dear ghostdog74,

can you please explain the function of
~ and sub(/^\+0+/,"",$4) in your code?

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Pankaj

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trim leading zero in certain column in a string

I would like to know how to trim leading zero only in certain column of of a string, example: hdhshdhdhd000012mmmm0002abc <===== before hdhshdhdhd 12mmmm 2abc <===== after Thanks for your help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dngo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add leading zeroes to numbers in a file

Hello, I am (trying) to write a script that will check to see how many users are logged on to my machine, and if that number is more than 60 I need to kill off all the oldest sessions that are over 60. So far I have been able to check how many users are on and now I am at the part where I have to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to left trim padded zeroes

I have a filename 'INITIATE_FINAL_ALL_000080889.dat', and I want to capture just the number '80889' from it. Here is what I have so far: %> echo INITIATE_FINAL_ALL_000080889.dat | sed "s/*//g" 000080889 Now, I just need to trim off the padded zeroes. Thanks, - CB (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
3 Replies

4. Programming

how to check and remove leading zeroes from the buffer using c program

Helo , I m writing small module of c.on RHEL 4 I have one buffer (for e.g. buffer = "002" now I want to check whethere buffer contains leading zeroes and if it contains leading zeroes then I want to remove all leading zeroes ( i.e. if buffer = "002" then I want to make buffer = "2") how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trim leading zeros to make field 6 characters long

Hi all- I've got a file that will have multiple columns. In one column there will be a string that is 10 digits in length, but I need to trim the first four zeros to make it 6 characters? example: 0000001234 0000123456 0000234566 0000000321 output: 001234 123456 234566 000321 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cailet
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert leading zeroes based on the character count

Hi, I need add leading zeroes to a field in a file based on the character count. The field can be of 1 character to 6 character length. I need to make the field 14bytes. eg: 8351,20,1 8351,234,6 8351,2,0 8351,1234,2 8351,123456,1 8351,12345,2 This should become. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpaulose
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed not removing leading zeroes

I have th following file 0000000011 0000000001 0000000231 0000000001 0000000022 noow when i run the following command sed 's/^0+//g' file name I receive the same output and the leading zeroes are not removed from the file . Please let me know how to achieve... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove leading zeroes in 2nd field using sed

Hi Forum. I tried searching the forum but couldn't find a solution for my question. I have the following data and would like to have a sed syntax to remove the leading zeroes from the 2nd field only: Before: 2010-01-01|123|1|1000|2000|500|1500|600|700... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
18 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and leading zeroes

I have the following script that renames filenames like: blah_bleh_91_2011-09-26_00.05.43AM.xls and transforms it in: 91_20110926_000543_3_blih.xls for a in *.xls; do b="$(echo "${a}" | cut -d '_' -f4)" dia=`echo ${b} | cut -c9-10` mes=`echo ${b} | cut -c6-7` anio=`echo ${b} | cut -c1-4`... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tr0cken
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pad zeroes first field in a Delimited file

Need help. I tried using an awk command to pad zeroes. Unfortunately, the "|" pipe delimited character is gone when I tried to write the records to another file. awk -F \| ' {$1=sprintf("%06s", $1); print $0}' $CUSTFINAL2 > $CUSTFINAL3 BEFORE "KEYRECORD"|"SA ID"|"PER ID"|"SP ID"|"ACCT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnhips
3 Replies
diction(1)						      General Commands Manual							diction(1)

NAME
diction, explain, suggest - Prints wordy sentences and looks them up in an interactive thesaurus. SYNOPSIS
diction [-fpattern_file] [-k] [-ma] [-me] [-ml] [-ms] [-n] [file...] explain suggest The diction command finds all sentences in an English language document that contain phrases from a database of bad or wordy diction. The explain command is an interactive thesaurus for the English language phrases found by the diction command and only for those phrases. The diction command reads from standard in if no file operand is provided. The suggest command is a synonym for explain. OPTIONS
Names a user-created pattern file to be used in addition to the default file. Passes the -k option to the deroff command. The -k option keeps blocks of text specified nroff by requests or macros; for example, the request. Passes the -ma option to deroff. The -ma option interprets nroff man macros only. Overrides the default nroff -ms macro package. Causes deroff to skip lists; should be used if a docu- ment contains many lists of nonsentences. Overrides the default nroff -ms macro package. Suppresses use of the default file (used with -f). Only the user-created pattern file is used. DESCRIPTION
Each phrase found by the diction command is enclosed in [ ] (brackets). Because diction runs deroff before looking at the text, include formatting header files as part of the input. Before using the explain command, use the diction command to obtain a list of poorly worded phrases. When you use the explain command, the system prompts you for a phrase and responds with a grammatically acceptable alternative. You can continue typing phrases, or you can exit by pressing the End-of-File key sequence. The explain command can also take input redirected from a file. No other command line arguments are valid. NOTES
Use of nonstandard formatting macros may cause incorrect sentence breaks. In particular, diction does not understand -me. FILES
Default pattern file. Thesaurus used by the explain command. SEE ALSO
Commands: deroff(1), nroff(1) diction(1)