Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting validate the last char of a vairbale Post 302117714 by nhatch on Wednesday 16th of May 2007 05:53:48 AM
Old 05-16-2007
Thank you all very much...... the [[ was my issue wasn't working with the [

Cheers,
Neil

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

validate

hi need help here, a bit of code im doing requires a number to be enetered i have got validation and loop if its outside a ceratain range, but was wondering what code i need to validate if a character has been entered. cheers (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruffenator
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Validate

I have one script by which I am taking Extraction Schedule in the following format ,,,...... Here I want validate the Input from user is okey or not. Let say i have one variable SCH SCH=12:34,23:12,11:20 Could you please tell me how I will validate it. HH & MM Both should be Numeric HH... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayLinux
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate date

Hi I am beginner to UNIX. I wanted to help for how to write script to validate date. Please help me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridher2000
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace any char with newline char.

Hi, How to replace any character in a file with a newline character using sed .. Ex: To replace ',' with newline Input: abcd,efgh,ijkl,mnop Output: abcd efgh ijkl mnop Thnx in advance. Regards, Sasidhar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mightysam
5 Replies

5. Programming

Adding a single char to a char pointer.

Hello, I'm trying to write a method which will return the extension of a file given the file's name, e.g. test.txt should return txt. I'm using C so am limited to char pointers and arrays. Here is the code as I have it: char* getext(char *file) { char *extension; int i, j;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallak7
5 Replies

6. Programming

concat const char * with char *

hello everybody! i have aproblem! i dont know how to concatenate const char* with char const char *buffer; char *b; sprintf(b,"result.txt"); strcat(buffer,b); thanx in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate and Calculate

Hi, i am trying to validate 2 variables and then subtract, the following code works well in AiX but when i try in Solaris it doesnt work. ((TIME1>TIME2)) && ((TIME2=TIME2+864)) ((DIF=TIME2-TIME1)) echo difference = $DIF Seconds is there any way the validation can be done using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shellslave
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how first char in odd line and second char in even line

Hi I m having ifconfig -a o/p like sbanlab1:ksh# ifconfig -a | egrep "flags|inet" | awk -F' ' '{print $1,$2}' lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> inet 127.0.0.1 lo0:1: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> inet 127.0.0.1 bge0:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tarunn.dubeyy
1 Replies

9. Programming

error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’

Compiling xpp (The X Printing Panel) on SL6 (RHEL6 essentially): xpp.cxx: In constructor ‘printFiles::printFiles(int, char**, int&)’: xpp.cxx:200: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ The same error with all c++ constructors - gcc 4.4.4. If anyone can throw any light on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSO
8 Replies

10. Programming

Invalid conversion from char* to char

Pointers are seeming to get the best of me and I get that error in my program. Here is the code #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #define REPORTHEADING1 " Employee Pay Hours Gross Tax Net\n" #define REPORTHEADING2 " Name ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Plum
1 Replies
GPE-OTHELLO(6)							    gpe-othello 						    GPE-OTHELLO(6)

NAME
gpe-othello - Stategic one-player board game for GPE. DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the gpe-othello game. Othello is also known as Reversi. gpe-othello is a strategic boardgame for the GPE Palmtop Environment which involves play against a handheld computer on an eight-by-eight square grid with pieces that have light and dark faces. The player places light-faced pieces so that there is at least one straight (horizontal, vertical, or diagonal) line between the new piece and another light piece, with one or more contiguous dark pieces between them. Pieces captured in this manner are turned over and can be used in later moves. The winner has the most number of pieces showing the appropriate face when the grid is full or when the other player has no pieces of their own colour left. This manual page was written for the Debian(TM) distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> for the Debian(TM) system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. AUTHOR
Joseph J. McCarthy Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Neil Williams Debian 6 January 31, 2008 GPE-OTHELLO(6)