Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PHP5 Script 'Freeze' before exiting Post 302117033 by Unbeliever on Thursday 10th of May 2007 06:20:19 AM
Old 05-10-2007
Sorry forgot to say, I explicitly added mysql_free_result and mysql_close calls to make sure it wasnt that. I've tried doing

unset($datax);

before re-assigning it and I get the same 'hang'.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exiting from script when error occurs

Hi Friends, Is it possible to exit nicely(ie, to echo a message with the error occurred) from a shell script(quiet a big one :)) once it encounter an error in between the lines? For example, in my script I am calling the command mkdir and sometimes (when the directory already exists) it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreejith_VK
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

exiting from script

there are many script in my project.i am having a problem when i am trying to quit from child script.what is the command to wrap up all the parent script and calling script as well? exit 0 is not working.please help.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arghya_owen
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exiting a script

I have a script abc.sh. Its contents are as follows: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script exiting before completing

I have a script which has the following statement, /opt/oracle/product/9i/bin/sqlplus << EOC >> $LOG_FILE 2>&1 username/password ---- Enters the SQL prompt @/export/home/oracle/shells/grant_userview.sql ---Runs the SQL script @/export/home/oracle/shells/grant_proc_userview.sql ---Runs the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: welldone
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

exiting from script

Hi, I am trying to exit the script from a function. I was in assumption that if we use exit ( inside or outside the function) it will exit from the script. alternatively, return will exit from that particular function. but in my case, exit is exiting from the function and not the script.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellwell
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script Not Exiting

I have a script planned for the Helpdesk to allow them to (on a couple of RHEL 3 / RHEL 5 servers) reset passwords, stop / start printers, and clear print queues. The appropriate sudo permissions were given to their accounts, and the individual functions all work just fine. The ability to move... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tearsong
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exiting out of the script

I have to write a script in ksh which again should call another script. Say A.ksh is calling B.ksh. Now in B.ksh if the condition we are checking for is true then we have to go back to the main script A.ksh or if the condition in B.ksh is false then we have to totally come out of the scripts. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vpv0002
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exiting from the script abruptly

Hi Team, Need your help for the below code snippet. I wrote a module to read the file names remote server using file name convention. Issue : My script is coming out from while loop without reading complete file. test1() { while read line do echo $line file_nm_convention=`echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvkumar25
3 Replies

9. SCO

Logout automatically when exiting a script

Hi, I am using SCO Unix. I write a script to execute a program by calling exec program The script will check the program is still there or not, if not, then it will exit the script by calling exit So if I press DEL to quit the program, the script will exit, but it will logout... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dannychan
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for exiting the function not script

function2() { cmd1 cmd2 cmd3 .... cmdn } function2() { cmd11 cmd12 cmd13 .... .... } for i in {1,2} (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
7 Replies
set(1F) 							   FMLI Commands							   set(1F)

NAME
set, unset - set and unset local or global environment variables SYNOPSIS
set [ -l variable [ =value]] ... set [ -e variable [ =value]] ... set [ -ffile variable [ =value]...] ... unset -l variable... unset -f file variable... DESCRIPTION
The set command sets variable in the environment, or adds variable=value to file. If variable is not equated it to a value, set expects the value to be on stdin. The unset command removes variable. Note that the FMLI predefined, read-only variables (such as ARG1), may not be set or unset. Note that at least one of the above options must be used for each variable being set or unset. If you set a variable with the -ffilename option, you must thereafter include filename in references to that variable. For example, ${(file)VARIABLE}. FMLI inherits the UNIX environment when invoked. OPTIONS
-l Sets or unsets the specified variable in the local environment. Variables set with -l will not be inherited by processes invoked from FMLI. -e Sets the specified variable in the UNIX environment. Variables set with -e will be inherited by any processes started from FMLI. Note that these variables cannot be unset. -ffile Sets or unsets the specified variable in the global environment. The argument file is the name, or pathname, of a file containing lines of the form variable=value. file will be created if it does not already exist. Note that no space intervenes between -f and file. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample output of set command. Storing a selection made in a menu: name=Selection 2 action=`set -l SELECTION=2`close NOTES
Variables set to be available to the UNIX environment (those set using the -e option) can only be set for the current fmli process and the processes it calls. When using the -f option, unless file is unique to the process, other users of FMLI on the same machine will be able to expand these vari- ables, depending on the read/write permissions on file. A variable set in one frame may be referenced or unset in any other frame. This includes local variables. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
env(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jul 1990 set(1F)