Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX aCC compiler error - Redefined symbols Post 302116484 by onlyforforum on Friday 4th of May 2007 10:02:35 AM
Old 05-04-2007
I already tried this option, but it doesnt work. Is this option links with any other option.
Do you know any other alternative way.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

I may have accidentally redefined one of the outputs...

I get unexpected results when doing ls -al | more and ls -al | grep. When I do not pipe the output, it comes to the screen just fine, and there is output! When I pipe to another command, I either get nothing, or else I get a strange dump. Which of the outputs have I accidentally affected?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joang
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

acc compiler install question

Hello, New to the board. Experienced solaris admin, unexperienced HP admin. I'm trying to install the acc compiler package B3913DB off of the HP-UX 11.0 application software CD. I have the cd mounted on another system, and nfs mounted as /mnt on the HP-UX box. I don't have a whole lot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tb0ne
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

ACC Compiler

Hi, Can anybody guide as to whether the aCC compiler for RISC (9000/785) be used with ia64 processor? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slash_blog
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

aCC compiler help

hello, i'm now working on a traduction of a makefile from HP_UX environnement to IBM_AIX environnement, so , first of all i need help about aCC compiler and the meaning of each option of compilation, and if possible its equivalent in AIX it's urgent, any help will be highly appreciated (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingmastersimo
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

aCC compiler: dramatic drop in .o file sizes?

We've just moved to a new iTanium development system at my place of business, as the previous one is going to be diverted to other uses. Our product uses a locally produced library built from over 2,300 C++ sources. We just noticed that our libraries are 2/3s smaller on the new system than they... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mark F. Cook
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Impacts on upgrading the aCC compiler in HP-UX

Hi, We are currently using the aCC 3.13 compiler in HP-UX 11.0 but we need to upgrade the aCC compiler version from aCC 3.13 to aCC3.31. 1. Is there any major impact of update the compiler? 2. What are the major things we need to make sure before updating the compiler? Can any one guide... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gyanusoni
2 Replies

7. Programming

How Can a Machine Reads a Compiler Since A Compiler is Written in Text! Not Binaries?

To make a programming language you need a compiler, so what was the first programming language and how was is created if you need the compiler first? The compiler itself is considered as a high language comparing to the machine! since the compiler is not created in 1's and 0's... Eventhough i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
12 Replies

8. Programming

aCC Compile error message

my C++ Compiler is ACC version aCC: HP ANSI C++ B3910B A.03.85 OS Version B.11.11 this my program error message I don't know what error it is aCC -g -DHPUX -DCHT_DEBUG -DNOSTD -c CProcess.cpp Error 181: "CProcess.cpp", line 83 # Expected 0 argument(s) for "void... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

aCC exit error

Hi guys I would just like to know if aCC supports the command exit(0); in c++? I am always getting the error below: Error 328: "ac5.C", line 37 # Function 'exit' has not been defined yet; cannot call. exit(0); ^^^^ Anyone had this problem? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khestoi
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subroutine redefined warnings with require keyword

I've been writing a perl script that uses the require keyword. I need to use require for two files, say file a and file b. Here is a general overview of my code: @files = ("a", "b"); foreach $file (@files){ require $file; ... ... } Whenever I run my script, I get subroutine "blah"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chu816
1 Replies
CHGRP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  CHGRP(1)

NAME
chgrp -- change group SYNOPSIS
chgrp [-fhvx] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] group file ... DESCRIPTION
The chgrp utility sets the group ID of the file named by each file operand to the group ID specified by the group operand. The following options are available: -H If the -R option is specified, symbolic links on the command line are followed. (Symbolic links encountered in the tree traversal are not followed.) -L If the -R option is specified, all symbolic links are followed. -P If the -R option is specified, no symbolic links are followed. This is the default. -R Change the group ID for the file hierarchies rooted in the files instead of just the files themselves. -f The force option ignores errors, except for usage errors and does not query about strange modes (unless the user does not have proper permissions). -h If the file is a symbolic link, the group ID of the link itself is changed rather than the file that is pointed to. -v Cause chgrp to be verbose, showing files as the group is modified. If the -v flag is specified more than once, chgrp will print the filename, followed by the old and new numeric group ID. -x File system mount points are not traversed. The -H, -L and -P options are ignored unless the -R option is specified. In addition, these options override each other and the command's actions are determined by the last one specified. The group operand can be either a group name from the group database, or a numeric group ID. If a group name is also a numeric group ID, the operand is used as a group name. The user invoking chgrp must belong to the specified group and be the owner of the file, or be the super-user. FILES
/etc/group group ID file EXIT STATUS
The chgrp utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. COMPATIBILITY
In previous versions of this system, symbolic links did not have groups. The -v and -x options are non-standard and their use in scripts is not recommended. SEE ALSO
chown(2), fts(3), group(5), passwd(5), symlink(7), chown(8) STANDARDS
The chgrp utility is expected to be IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') compatible. BSD
February 21, 2010 BSD