Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Help - Cast converts default int return type Post 302115397 by rtgreen on Tuesday 24th of April 2007 01:15:21 PM
Old 04-24-2007
Thank you for all your help. I discovered that if I simply declare the definition of the function that is causing the error in the beginning of the code, the errors go away. I don't think the compiler was seeing the definition of the embedded function.

extern void *DoMemoryAlloc_pv(size_t) ;

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Return value (int) from main to calling shell

What is the sytax to return an int from C program main back to calling shell? #!/usr/bin/ksh typeset -i NO_RECS $NO_RECS=process_file # Process file is a C program that is set up to return an int from main. The #program complies with no issues, but an error is generated when the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flounder
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

int open(const char *pathname, int flags, mode_t mode) doubt...

hello everybody! I want to create a file with permissions for read, write, and execute to everybody using C, so I write this code: #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <fcntl.h> int main(){ int fileDescriptor; fileDescriptor =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csnmgeek
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

cast from const void* to unsigned int loses precision

Hello everey one, here i am attempting to compile a c++ project .it's throughing the following errors. my machine details are as follows: Linux chmclozr0119 2.6.18-53.el5 #1 SMP Wed Oct 10 16:34:19 EDT 2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux errors: ===== Generating... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannam srinivas
0 Replies

4. Programming

Need help in storing command line argument argv[2] to a variable of int type

The following program takes two command line arguments. I want the second argument (fileCount) to be stored/printed as a int value. I tried my best to typecast the char to int (check the printf statement at last) but is not working...the output is some junk value. This program is in its... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command return type

Hi all does find command return anything if the file to be searched is not found? Like if I search from a file in a dir does it return false or null if the file is not found? Please suggests. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veenak15
3 Replies

6. Programming

Handle int listen(int sockfd, int backlog) in TCP

Hi, from the manual listen(2): listen for connections on socket - Linux man page It has a parameter called backlog and it limits the maximum length of queue of pending list. If I set backlog to 128, is it means no more than 128 packets can be handled by server? If I have three... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehang
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is the default return type of localtime() in perl?

Hi, I have given like this to get the time of the sub routine. my $start = localtime(); print "\n start time: $start \n"; Output start time: Fri Apr 29 01:01:31 2011 I want to know what is the format of the time. I am not able to follow is is HH:MM:SS or MM:HH:SS os... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
2 Replies

8. Programming

How to pass int and return string in C?

hi I want to write a function which takes int as input and returns a string like this. char GetString(int iNo) { switch(iNo) { case 0: return "Zero"; break; case 1: return "One"; break; } } void main() { int i; printf("Enter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atharalikhan
1 Replies

9. Programming

Struct as return type

Hello all, I am trying to define a function with return type as struct, but seem to be failing. Error I am receiving is following .CC error: prototype for 'RpcHOData L1ITMu::MBLTCollection::getUnassociatedHORpcClusters(double)' does not match any in class 'L1ITMu::MBLTCollection' struct... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emily
1 Replies
conv_lpd(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      conv_lpd(1M)

NAME
conv_lpd - convert LPD configuration SYNOPSIS
conv_lpd [-c printers | -c printcap] [-n] file DESCRIPTION
conv_lpd converts LPD printer configuration information from file to a printers.conf or a printcap file (see printers.conf(4)). file specifies the name of the input file, and can be either in printers.conf or printcap format. If file is in printers.conf format, it con- verts it to a printcap file. If file is in printcap format, it converts it to a printers.conf file. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c printers | -c printcap Specifies the type of output file produced by the conversion. -c printers converts to a printers.conf file. -c printcap converts to a printcap file. -c printers is the default. -n Preserves the namelist during the conversion. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: file The file to be converted. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Converting a printcap file to a printers.conf file. The following example converts a printcap file to a printers.conf file. example% conv_lpd /etc/printcap Example 2: Converting a printcap file to a printers.conf file and preserving the namelist. The following example converts a printcap file to a printers.conf file and preserves the namelist. example% conv_lpd -c printers -n /etc/printcap Example 3: Converting a printers.conf file to a printcap file and preserving the namelist. The following example converts a printers.conf file to a printcap file and preserves the namelist. example% conv_lpd -c printcap -n /etc/printers.conf EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. FILES
/etc/printers.conf System printer configuration database. /etc/printcap SunOS 4.x printer capability database. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lpset(1M), printers.conf(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 1996 conv_lpd(1M)