Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX HP-UX 10.20 Network Configure Post 302115347 by Ebbi on Tuesday 24th of April 2007 05:14:44 AM
Old 04-24-2007
Please try it with "sam" as well, the system administration tool.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to configure a network workstation to a standalone?

Hi, I have a networked ultra 5 workstation(using NIS) that I would like to be able to : 1. Reconfigure to standalone workstation, 2. and be able to switch back to a network workstation when the needs required. Please advise. Ryan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryantk
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to configure routing on home network

I have a Windows laptop and a Sparc desktop. I'm trying to toy around with routing. If have always on broadband from BT. My router ipaddress is: 192.168.1.1 This router uses DHCP. My Laptop Ip is as follows: Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kongowea
2 Replies

3. Solaris

how to configure network in solaris 10?

Hi..i have installed solaris 10 on vmware. I m not able connect to internet. pls help in detail. how to solve the problem. During the installation i have put no DHCP. cofigured manually ( Ip 192.168.1.9) default gateway 192.168.1.1 . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnavery
3 Replies

4. Solaris

how to configure my network to use the internet

i have a router from my isp provider 02. my internet works fine in windows but i am unable to use internet in solaris. when i tried ifconfig command i was able to see the lo0 which is my laoopback adapter. pls can someone advice. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Configure ILOM from network

HI, Is it possible to set up ILOM from the ethernet terminal. I 'm at remote location from server so would like to know if i can configure it remotely I'm able to access my server via ssh terminal. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

6. Hardware

Slackware 13.1 can't configure two network cards

Hello everybody, I'm having troubles with Slackware 13.1 and network cards. I have one on-board Ethernet card (which is recognized and works okay) and a PCI Ethernet card (which is also recognized, but doesn't appear in 'ifconfig -a'). If i run a 'lspci', i can see the kernel recognized the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: semash!
5 Replies

7. Solaris

configure zones to have different network interface and network

i need to configure a zone to use different interface (bge2) than global and have connected to completely different network switch & to use its own defaultrouter and hosts file .. is it possible ..if so ..how ? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
9 Replies

8. Solaris

Configure a network printer on solaris

Hi, guys, recently my os changed to solaris 10, and i want to share the printer with another computer whose os is also solaris. Is there anyone could give me a hint to fix this problem. lpadmin -p hp5200 -v /dev/null -A write -n... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: papertiger
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Configure network interface for Solaris 10

Hi, I have installed Solaris 10 on VMware7, When i used ifconfig -a to check network interface, it has shown lo0 as loopback interface. Please advise how to configure network interfaces using VMware. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajhal04
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Configure Solaris zone on new network

Hi, I have a Solaris 10 zone which I need to configure on a new network. I have configured the new IP on the zone itself and I can ping the interface from a node on the same network, but not from another network. Basically I need to know how to route the traffic from the zone to it's... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
3 Replies
atmsetup(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       atmsetup(8)

NAME
atmsetup - Configures Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) adapters and services SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/atmsetup [-old] OPTIONS
Invokes the atmsetup script. This option is for backward compatibility, and will be removed in a future release. DESCRIPTION
The atmsetup command by default invokes the SysMan ATM Configuration application. This application enables you to configure and run ATM on your system. Specifically, you can configure network adapters and logical interfaces on the adapters for the following environments: Clas- sical IP, LAN Emulation, and IP Switching. Compaq recommends you use the SysMan application. Note Support for IP Switching will be retired in a future release. Do not use it to develop new applications. During the adapter configuration, you specify the adapter name, the Endpoint System Identifiers (ESIs), pacing options, the type of network physical layer, and whether to enable flow control, Integrated Local Management Interface (ILMI), signaling, and virtual circuit (VC) accounting. In addition, you specify the User-Network Interface (UNI) version. During logical interface configuration, you specify information related to each ATM environment. For Classical IP, you choose whether the system is an ATMARP client or server and whether to configure permanent virtual circuits (PVCs). For LAN Emulation, you choose which emu- lated LAN to join and how to join the emulated LAN. For IP Switching, you specify the Subnetwork Attachment Point (SNAP) VCI number and VCI limits. In all three cases, you change only those default values that your configuration requires. See Asynchronous Transfer Mode for information on configuring ATM and the ATM configuration application online help for more information. Before invoking the atmsetup command, make sure that your system is connected to a switch, the network software is configured and running, ATM is configured into the kernel, and the ATM subsets are installed. After running atmsetup, you must configure the ATM interfaces with the correct IP address and netmask. Select Configure Interfaces from the SysMan menu. See sysman(8) for more information. atmsetup Script If you specify the -old option, the atmsetup script is invoked. This script prompts you for all information that you need to enter in order to configure ATM. The script creates and maintains a directory hierarchy /etc/atm, which contains all the ATM configuration information. The atmsetup script configures the driver and signaling on an ATM end system. In addition, you can configure your system to operate in a Classical IP or Local Area Network (LAN) emulation environment. See Asynchronous Transfer Mode for additional information on configuring ATM on your system. RESTRICTIONS
You must be superuser to use this command. The atmsetup script (-old option) has the following restrictions: You can configure only lis interfaces to support SVCs and elan inter- faces. It supports boot-time configuration only. FILES
Specifies the command pathname The path name containing ATM commands to execute when the system is booted The path name containing ATM com- mands to execute when the system is shut down ATM Configuration Help Volume (SysMan) SEE ALSO
Commands: atmarp(8), atmconfig(8), atmelan(8), atmsig(8), sysman(8), sysman_station(8) Network Administration Asynchronous Transfer Mode atmsetup(8)