Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX to put the unix script output on windows desktop Post 302115257 by Assassin on Monday 23rd of April 2007 11:32:21 AM
Old 04-23-2007
to put the unix script output on windows desktop

Hi
could you pls guide a to automate that unix script output is avaialble on desktop.i can FTP and then download but i want to automate it.

rgds

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

get the output of unix script in windows

Hai Actually I work on CVS, where the server is in UNIX and the front end(client) is windows. Now I want to run a script in unix and get the output(report) in windows. Can anyone help me in this as to how i can connect to dos..... Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csrope
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX , unix ftp to windows desktop

Hi guys, i want to know if i can make a script to ftp or sftp files from the unix box to my windows desktop or c: drive. I log into the server through Putty, once in the server i run a script which makes a file called disk.log every 30 minutes. i then have to manually copy it to the computer... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassanj
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

how to execute script from my desktop windows xp to my HPUX server?

Good day, i would like to get some advice, how will i execute my script in hp ux servers, and how to configure rsh and rexec. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from windows to unix server using unix shell script

Hi, Is it possible to ftp a huge zip file from windows to unix server using unix shell scripting? If so what command i need to use. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shri123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

i writing a unix script but i want to out put a file and append on it.

i have an existing script that is used to send an e-mail containing the alrams that appear on the server. But i need to create a daily log file containing all the alarms that was send that day. i tired to add at the and of the script a command, echo command but for some reason the file was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashraf_victory
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Linux Desktop vs Windows 8

Any comments on this Windows 8 OEM specs may block Linux booting | ITworld (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to generate HTML page from UNIX script out-put?

Hi All. This my first post to this forum, and i assuming it will be best out-of all. I am quite new to Unix scripting so please excuse me for any silly questions - I am trying to create on Unix script in which it telnet to my server, check the connectivity of the server and then it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HHarsh
2 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Transfer of zipped folder from windows desktop to UNIX server

Hi all, I'm a newbie to unix. My requirement is to create an automation script which will transfer a zipped folder from my/remote desktop to an unix server. Tools lik WinSCP shouldnt be used. No manual moving. I use putty to connect to server. I couldnt find any help on this topic. Should i use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sherin22
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp to get a file from windows desktop to UNIX server

Hi, I want to use scp to upload file to my unix server. i am using this: scp D:\testr.txt unixuser@unixhost:/path it returns an error: ssh: D: host/servname not known i am not sure how to tell path of my D drive in the command and how will command understand it has to pick from my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kohli
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Navigate to Windows Desktop?

I want to use my Desktop for saving files of my codes. Looking for Desktop in my OS (C : ) and couldn't find it anywhere. Is it possible to navigate to your desktop? If so how? By the way, I am using Cygwin. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DyslexicChciken
6 Replies
ICECREAM(1)							     icecream							       ICECREAM(1)

NAME
icecream - download icecast and shoutcast streams, redirecting all fetched content to stdout and/or to disk at the same time SYNOPSIS
icecream [OPTIONS] URL [URL..] DESCRIPTION
icecream is a lightweight, non-interactive, stream download utility. It connects to icecast and shoutcast servers or direct stream URLs, and redirects all fetched content to stdout and/or to media files on your disk. Listen to the stream piping the output to a stdin-capable media player. Save the stream to a named file or split it into different tracks. It is possible to redirect the stream and save it to disk at the same time. icecream is able to parse pls and m3u playlists, and to download mp3 and ogg direct stream URLs. If the stream is anonymous it will be saved as 'stream-time.mp3', where time is actual timestamp. OPTIONS
-h, --help Print a help message describing all options -q, --quiet Turn off output -v, --verbose Be verbose -t, --tracks Split stream into tracks (if possible) --name=NAME Save the stream to file specified by NAME. Format codes starting with "%" will be replaced. See the date command for valid format codes. --stop=N[units] Stop downloading the stream after N kb/mb/min/songs --user-agent=AGENT Set user-agent header to AGENT --stdout Output stream to stdout (implies -q) --sync Turn syncing on, required for some mpeg players that read from stdin --debug Turn on debugging outputs EXAMPLES
Streaming to mpg123 icecream --stdout http://radio.com/playlist.pls | mpg123 - Split stream into different tracks icecream -t http://metal.org/radio.pls Split stream into tracks and play with vlc at the same time icecream -t --stdout http://streaming.com/playlist.pls | vlc file:/dev/stdin Prepare a 74 minute CD icecream -t --stop 74min http://trace.net/playlist.m3u Use a filename with today's date as output icecream -q --name 'radio_%Y_%m_%d' --stop 60min http://radio.com/playlist.pls BUGS
You are welcome to send bug reports about icecream to our mailing list. Feel free to visit http://icecream.sourceforge.net AUTHOR
Written by Gil Megidish <gil at megidish.net> 1.3 2008-04-28 ICECREAM(1)