Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX urgent problems with ESS SAN, SDD upgrade on AIX 5.3 server Post 302114907 by Skyybugg on Thursday 19th of April 2007 09:19:21 AM
Old 04-19-2007
I know there are tools in those executeables to confirm that vpaths are ok but I do not remember how they are used. And there are tools to "clean it up"
Whatever you do you want to make sure you don't run a command that will damage what is on those vpaths.

Your vgs (ODM really) also have the pvid info in there. When you do the importvg it should pull all of that in . BUT I do not know if you are ready to do that step. You may still need to confirm that what sdd sees, vpath, LUN pvid info is all correct.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

diagnostics for disk problems on an AIX server

There is a TSM server in which iam getting this error Unable to read or write logical volume manager record. PV may be permanently corrupted. Run diagnostics how do i run the diagnostics?? any suggestions will really help. Thanks! karthik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX FlashCopy on ESS

Hi We are running AIX5.3 on pseries 570. We have IBM ESS SAN stroage attached. We need to kick off flashcopy backups on the SAN. I have installed the CLI software but am missing a fileset. ibm2105esscli.rte or ibm2105cli.rte This fileset contains the commands that can be issued from AIX to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrym
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with SDD, SAN ESS and AIX 5.3 Host

Hi all, Sorry if this is in the wrong place but needed to make sure lots of people saw this so that hopefully someone will be able to help. Basically i've upgraded a test server from 4.3 to 5.3 TL04. The server has hdisk0 and 1 as rootvg locally but then has another vg setup on our ESS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djdavies
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX SAN configuration problems/oddity

Hi, I have a strange problem. we're trying to connect an IBM pseries, to a Brocade switch, for SAN acess, using a badged emulex card, (IBM FC6239) WE can configure the device to see the fabric. The only problem we have is that the Brocade sees the HBA as storage, and not as a HBA. We've zoned... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praxis22
1 Replies

5. AIX

Problems AIX and SAN.

Sorry for my english. We have a IBM BLADES JS21. AIX 5.3 update to 6. Our JS21 has 2 FC (fcs0 and fcs1). We have one DS4072, one Disk system with 2 controllers and 2 FC by controllers. This means, all AIX FC see all Disk systems controllers by 2 FC switchs. (one fc two roads) FC AIX... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fjgonzalez
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing problems when FTPING file from server to local (Very Urgent)

Hi, when i am trying to FTP one file (test.txt) from Unix server to my local machine then i am getting the following error, as shown below ftp> binary 200 Type set to I. ftp> put C:\FTP\test.txt C:FTPtest.txt: No such file or directory ftp> The red color text is the error. Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunitachoudhury
3 Replies

7. AIX

AIX with SDD to VIOed SDDPCM?

Hi folks. We want to move a "physical" AIX box to a VIOed LPAR. The physical box is running SDD with disks from a DS8300. I want to be able to reattach those LUNs from the DS8300 to my VIO server which is running SDDPCM and then assigned them back to my AIX LPAR. Any thoughts about this? I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stephan
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX SDD

I have sdd driver installed correctly but when I run the command: datapath query adapter No device file found what does it mean.. it is not using vpath or whats wrong? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

9. AIX

mq upgrade from version 6 to 7 in aix server

Hi What are the steps to be followed when upgrading MQ version from 6 to 7 in aix server? cbsdbprd01 # oslevel -s 5300-10-01-0921 cbsdbprd01 # lslpp -l | grep -i mq mqm.base.runtime 6.0.2.1 COMMITTED WebSphere MQ Runtime for mqm.base.samples 6.0.2.1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Native AIX TL Upgrade on a VIO Server

What happens if we perform a Native AIX TL Upgrade on a VIO server? I mean instead of updateios I logged into oem_setup_env and ran a update_all to a new TL. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wibhore
2 Replies
bup-damage(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-damage(1)

NAME
bup-damage - randomly destroy blocks of a file SYNOPSIS
bup damage [-n count] [-s maxsize] [--percent pct] [-S seed] [--equal] DESCRIPTION
Use bup damage to deliberately destroy blocks in a .pack or .idx file (from .bup/objects/pack) to test the recovery features of bup-fsck(1) or other programs. THIS PROGRAM IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS AND WILL DESTROY YOUR DATA bup damage is primarily useful for automated or manual tests of data recovery tools, to reassure yourself that the tools actually work. OPTIONS
-n, --num=numblocks the number of separate blocks to damage in each file (default 10). Note that it's possible for more than one damaged segment to fall in the same bup-fsck(1) recovery block, so you might not damage as many recovery blocks as you expect. If this is a problem, use --equal. -s, --size=maxblocksize the maximum size, in bytes, of each damaged block (default 1 unless --percent is specified). Note that because of the way bup- fsck(1) works, a multi-byte block could fall on the boundary between two recovery blocks, and thus damaging two separate recovery blocks. In small files, it's also possible for a damaged block to be larger than a recovery block. If these issues might be a problem, you should use the default damage size of one byte. --percent=maxblockpercent the maximum size, in percent of the original file, of each damaged block. If both --size and --percent are given, the maximum block size is the minimum of the two restrictions. You can use this to ensure that a given block will never damage more than one or two git-fsck(1) recovery blocks. -S, --seed=randomseed seed the random number generator with the given value. If you use this option, your tests will be repeatable, since the damaged block offsets, sizes, and contents will be the same every time. By default, the random numbers are different every time (so you can run tests in a loop and repeatedly test with different damage each time). --equal instead of choosing random offsets for each damaged block, space the blocks equally throughout the file, starting at offset 0. If you also choose a correct maximum block size, this can guarantee that any given damage block never damages more than one git-fsck(1) recovery block. (This is also guaranteed if you use -s 1.) EXAMPLE
# make a backup in case things go horribly wrong cp -a ~/.bup/objects/pack ~/bup-packs.bak # generate recovery blocks for all packs bup fsck -g # deliberately damage the packs bup damage -n 10 -s 1 -S 0 ~/.bup/objects/pack/*.{pack,idx} # recover from the damage bup fsck -r SEE ALSO
bup-fsck(1), par2(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-damage(1)