Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to remote backup with AIX system Post 302114873 by guest on Thursday 19th of April 2007 03:33:07 AM
Old 04-19-2007
How to remote backup with AIX system

I have some questions :

1) We can system backup manual by remotely? (Ex: we peform backup a AIX system in Japan from US)How we can do?

2) We can build a script to system backup automatically? How we can do?

3) We can use which third party to do that? Which tool?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

remote backup

hii alll I have problem related to remote backup, i have sunserver (sunfire v100) & sun e 420 r my backup device is connected in sun e 420 r, my problem is the application which is running in sun fire v 100 when iam trying to take backup it searching backup locally if i try remote... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris8in
2 Replies

2. AIX

AIX v.5.1 - system and user data backup

Hi everyone, I have no AIX experience at all. We have an IBM Server running AIX v.5.1. The server has a DDS-4 tape drive. I need to take complete system and user data backup.Should be able to restore the system and the user data in the event of system corruption or disaster. I was told that for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sezgin
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remote backup ?

Scenario............. MachineA has the tape drive. Currently using ufsdump to backup MachineA. ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n / Currently using ufsdump on MachineB to MachineA's tape drive (appending to same tape). ufsdump 0uf MachineA:/dev/rmt/0n / Is there a way to use ufsdump on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using SCP command in IBM AIX to download file from remote to local system

Hi, When i run the code in solaris unix machine, the file from remote server is getting downloaded. but when i use the same code in IBM AIX remote machine, it is not running. It is saying "Erro during scp transfer." Below is the code. Please give some resolution. SCPClient client = new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gravi2020
1 Replies

5. Solaris

how to login with ssh to remote system with out applying the remote root/usr password

how to login with ssh to remote system with out applying the remote root/user password with rlogin we can ujse .rhosts file but with ssh howits possible plz guide (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to make a full system backup excluding data and restoring it to a new system

Hi, In order to have a sand box machine that I could use to test some system changes before going to production state, I'd like to duplicate a working system to a virtual one. Ideally, I'd like to manage to do it this way : - Make a full system backup excluding the user file system (this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pagaille
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX system.... deleting files in remote directory after retrieving files

Hi Friends, I am new to this , I am working on AIX system and my scenario is to retrive the files from remote system and remove the files from the remote system after retreving files. I can able to retrieve the files but Can't remove files in remote system. Please check my code and help me out... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayparakala
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote FTP Backup -Tar archive+ encrypt+ split to a remote ftp

I have a huge directoy(200+ gb) for backup. I want upload the tar file(split files) simultaneous to a remote ftp. (pipeline, stdout, stdin etc.) I don't want write a data to local hdd. I have a ssd hdd. thanks. this code doesn't work.( yes i know the problem is split command!) tar cvzf -... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tara123
8 Replies

9. AIX

AIX - remote shell (sudo) - signal 11 core system 50

Hi, I am running a remote shell from site A to site B, where both are AIX. The remote shell starts other application, and when it finishes, it returns to the site A. The problem is that I am receiving an error signal 11 and system core error 50 - segmentation fault. Does anyone know if there are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: brjohnsmith
6 Replies

10. AIX

Cloning a system via mksysb backup from one system and restore to new system

Hello All, I am trying to clone an entire AIX virtual machine to a new virtual machine including all partitions and OS.Can anyone help me on the procedure to follow? I am not really sure on how it can be done.Thanks in advance. Please use CODE tags for sample input, sample output, and for code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies
JSONBOT(1)							    jsb manual								JSONBOT(1)

NAME
jsb-backup - The JSONBOT backup app SYNOPSIS
jsb-backup is used to make backup of the datadir used by JSONBOT DESCRIPTION
jsb-backup does a backup of the JSONBOT datadir (defaults to ~/.jsb) to ~/jsb-backups directory. USAGE
Usage: jsb-backup [options] Options: --version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -d DATADIR, --datadir=DATADIR datadir to use -t TARGET, --target=TARGET target dir -l LOGLEVEL, --loglevel=LOGLEVEL logging level --colors enable the use of colors DOCUMENTATION
See http://jsonbot.org for more documentation or see http://jsonbot.googlecode.com SEE ALSO
jsb(1), jsb-init(1), jsb-irc(1), jsb-fleet(1), jsb-sed(1), jsb-tornado(1), jsb-xmpp(1), jsb-stop(1), jsb-udp(1), jsonbot(10 AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Bart Thate <bthate@gmail.com>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Debian GNU/Linux 22 Nov 2011 JSONBOT(1)