Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Please help !!!!Problem with data file Post 302113562 by dsravan on Saturday 7th of April 2007 10:27:30 AM
Old 04-07-2007
Please help !!!!Problem with data file

I have a 1 million record file and in there i have 580 bad records meaning like they were spread on to 2 lines and is making my process fail as it is expecting single line records. How can i correct this records spread into 2 lines into single line or how i can writer these records into a new file and delete from the original flle so that i can worry about the bad records later. Please let me know.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem getting data to a report file.

Hi all, I'm trying in vain to workout how I can generate a report from a months worth of files that get created every day. There is one file per day and each daily file contain the output from a df -v command. With the following section of code ... for xdffile in $1$2/df?? do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in writing the data to a file in one row

Hi All I am reading data from the database and writing to temporary file in the below format. 1=XP|external_component|com.adp.meetingalertemail.processing.MeetingAlertEmail|EMAILALERTPUSH|32|4#XP |classpath|/usr/home/dfusr/lib/xalan.jar: /usr/home/dfusr/lib/xerces.jar: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

C Shell problem: using a key from one file to find data in another

I've never written scripts (just switched from Ada to C++). I have a book that's over my head and a few examples, other then that I'm floundering. Everything here at work is being done in C Shell. None of the C++ programmers are experienced in shell scripting. I have a data file with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bassmaster
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace data in text file with data in same file

OK I will do my best to explain what I need help with. I am trying to format an ldif file so I can import it into Oracle oid. I need the file to look like this example. Keep in mind there are 3000 of these in the file. changetype: modify replace: userpassword dn:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: timothyha22
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare and print out data only appear in file 1 problem

Below is the data content of file_1 and file_2: file_1 >sample_1 FKGJGPOPOPOQA ASDADWEEWERE ASDAWEWQWRW ASDASDASDASDD file_2 >sample_1 DRTOWPFPOPOQA ASDADWEEASDF ASDADRTYWRW ASDASDASDASDD I got try the following perl script. Unfortunately, it can't give my desired output result... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scan and change file data content problem

Input file >Read_1 XXXXXXXXXXSDFXXXXXDS (condition 1: After the last "X" per line, if the distance is less than or equal to 3 letter, replace those not "X" letter with "X") TREXXXXXXXSDFXXXXXDS (condition 2: Before the first "X" per line, if the distance is less than or equal to 3 letter,... (12 Replies)
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Three Difference File Huge Data Comparison Problem.

I got three different file: Part of File 1 ARTPHDFGAA . . Part of File 2 ARTGHHYESA . . Part of File 3 ARTPOLYWEA . . (4 Replies)
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mapping a data in a file and delete line in source file if data does not exist.

Hi Guys, Please help me with my problem here: I have a source file: 1212 23232 343434 ASAS1 4 3212 23232 343434 ASAS2 4 3234 23232 343434 QWQW1 4 1134 23232 343434 QWQW2 4 3212 23232 343434 QWQW3 4 and a mapping... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kokoro
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract header data from one file and combine it with data from another file

Hi, Great minds, I have some files, in fact header files, of CTD profiler, I tried a lot C programming, could not get output as I was expected, because my programming skills are very poor, finally, joined unix forum with the hope that, I may get what I want, from you people, Here I have attached... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace data of a file with data from another file using shell scripting.

Dears, I'm new to shell scripting and i was wondering if you can help me with following matter. I have a file containing 400,000 records. The file contains two columns like: 00611291,0270404000005453 25262597,1580401000016155 25779812,1700403000001786 00388934,1200408000000880... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paniklas
1 Replies
acctcon(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       acctcon(1M)

NAME
acctcon, acctcon1, acctcon2 - connect-time accounting SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/acct/acctcon [-l lineuse] [-o reboot] /usr/lib/acct/acctcon1 [-p] [-t] [-l lineuse] [-o reboot] /usr/lib/acct/acctcon2 DESCRIPTION
acctcon converts a sequence of login/logoff records to total accounting records (see the tacct format in acct.h(3HEAD)). The login/logoff records are read from standard input. The file /var/adm/wtmpx is usually the source of the login/logoff records; however, because it might contain corrupted records or system date changes, it should first be fixed using wtmpfix. The fixed version of file /var/adm/wtmpx can then be redirected to acctcon. The tacct records are written to standard output. acctcon is a combination of the programs acctcon1 and acctcon2. acctcon1 converts login/logoff records, taken from the fixed /var/adm/wtmpx file, to ASCII output. acctcon2 reads the ASCII records produced by acctcon1 and converts them to tacct records. acctcon1 can be used with the -l and -o options, described below, as well as with the -p and -t options. OPTIONS
-p Print input only, showing line name, login name, and time (in both numeric and date/time formats). -t acctcon1 maintains a list of lines on which users are logged in. When it reaches the end of its input, it emits a session record for each line that still appears to be active. It normally assumes that its input is a current file, so that it uses the current time as the ending time for each session still in progress. The -t flag causes it to use, instead, the last time found in its input, thus assuring reasonable and repeatable numbers for non-current files. -l lineuse lineuse is created to contain a summary of line usage showing line name, number of minutes used, percentage of total elapsed time used, number of sessions charged, number of logins, and number of logoffs. This file helps track line usage, identify bad lines, and find software and hardware oddities. Hangup, termination of login(1) and termination of the login shell each generate logoff records, so that the number of logoffs is often three to four times the number of sessions. See init(1M) and utmpx(4). -o reboot reboot is filled with an overall record for the accounting period, giving starting time, ending time, number of reboots, and number of date changes. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Using the acctcon command. The acctcon command is typically used as follows: example% acctcon -l lineuse -o reboots < tmpwtmp > ctacct The acctcon1 and acctcon2 commands are typically used as follows: example% acctcon1 -l lineuse -o reboots < tmpwtmp | sort +1n +2 > ctmp example% acctcon2 < ctmp > ctacct FILES
/var/adm/wtmpx History of user access and administration information ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWaccu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
acctcom(1), login(1), acct(1M), acctcms(1M), acctmerg(1M), acctprc(1M), acctsh(1M), fwtmp(1M), init(1M), runacct(1M), acct(2), acct.h(3HEAD), utmpx(4), attributes(5) NOTES
The line usage report is confused by date changes. Use wtmpfix (see fwtmp(1M)), with the /var/adm/wtmpx file as an argument, to correct this situation. During a single invocation of any given command, the acctcon, acctcon1, and acctcon2 commands can process a maximum of: o 6000 distinct session o 1000 distinct terminal lines o 2000 distinct login names If at some point the actual number of any one of these items exceeds the maximum, the command will not succeed. SunOS 5.11 22 Feb 1999 acctcon(1M)