Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Starting daemons at reboot.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Starting daemons at reboot. Post 302113114 by shorty on Tuesday 3rd of April 2007 02:10:12 PM
Old 04-03-2007
These are there. Still didn't startup..... Smilie

Last edited by reborg; 04-03-2007 at 03:28 PM.. Reason: remove pointless quoting.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

DNS daemons

Does anyone know the command to start the DNS Daemon. I looked in the /etc/init.d/inetsvc file and it tells me what the text should look like. When I go to open the corresponding files they are encoded and I can't read them. So is there a command that will start the DNS daemon? If... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deuce
8 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

root owner of daemons?

Hi all, what happens if i have a service running as root? if it is exploited what would happen? can a hacker actually becomes a hacker and screw up my whole box? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xNYx
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Daemons

MYSQL-daemon don't started automatically by system-start. And same trouble with httpd too. I have SuSE 8.0. What can I do ? Thanks.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pennywize
6 Replies

4. Linux

A doubt on Daemons

Hi there! I'm a bit curious on something about Daemons.... Supose you have two processes say A and B, where B is a daemon. A is totally independent from B. Is there a way for A to find out B's return code? Is there a way for A to find out when B ends? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: marioh
4 Replies

5. Solaris

starting Oracle on Reboot

Hi All, I have to maunally startup oracle and the associated listeners whenever the Sun Solaris server is rebooted. Is there any way by which, everytime the server boots up, The Oracle startups itself. Do we need to change the init.ora file or the init.d file? Please let me know which files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

daemons definition

hi there, can somebody give me a definition for daemons, or example what are they !! and what the use for? i've done some research and all what i found is /etc/... or /usr/bin/... and i haven't quietly got the concept. any ideas !! Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2Linux
5 Replies

7. HP-UX

status of daemons

Hi there all, Hey, is there a way to get the status of all daemons running on a HPUX? in an easy way? Like the same way how to vieuw the status of packages in cmviewcl. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: draco
1 Replies

8. AIX

sendmail/ntp/qdaemon not starting automaticlly after reboot ?!

Hi all, I have a small problem, after a reboot the following services do not start automaticly, like they are supposed to do even though they are commented in in /etc/rc.tcpip sendmail xntpd qdaemon snmpd snmpmibd aixmibd hostmibd why ?!?! anybody ? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: art
3 Replies

9. Linux

Application services not starting with server reboot

Hi All, My application uses three different sub-services to make complete application up and running to normal. The entry of all the three services are present in /etc/init.d directory with proper softlink created to application home path where it actually exists. In one rare case one of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk_kamozalwar
3 Replies
ConsoleMessage(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					 ConsoleMessage(8)

NAME
ConsoleMessage -- Send a message to SystemStarter SYNOPSIS
ConsoleMessage [-v] message ConsoleMessage [-v] -S ConsoleMessage [-v] -F ConsoleMessage [-v] -s service ConsoleMessage [-v] -f service ConsoleMessage [-v] -q setting ConsoleMessage [-v] -b path ConsoleMessage [-v] -u DESCRIPTION
The ConsoleMessage utility may be used by startup item scripts to send messages to SystemStarter (see SystemStarter(8)). The default behavior is to send the specified message to SystemStarter to be displayed on the console. SystemStarter will attempt to local- ize the string using the current startup item's localization dictionaries. ConsoleMessage may also be used to give feedback to SystemStarter indicating which services provided by the startup item have succeeded or failed. OPTIONS
-v verbose mode (prints errors to stdout) -S mark all services provided by this item as successful -F mark all services provided by this item as failed -s mark the service as successful -f mark the service as failed -q query SystemStarter for the value of the configuration variable setting (result will be printed to stdout). -b Tell SystemStarter to load the display bundle at the specified path -u Tell SystemStarter to unload the current display bundle NOTES
When a service name is not specified, ConsoleMessage assumes its parent process identification (see getppid(2)) is that of a startup item script, and uses that token to find the correct list of services provided by the current item. If the process calling ConsoleMessage is not a startup item script, it is necessary to explicitly provide service names. SEE ALSO
SystemStarter(8) http://www.opensource.apple.com/projects/documentation/howto/html/SystemStarter_HOWTO.html HISTORY
The ConsoleMessage utility appeared in Darwin 6.0 Darwin April 12, 2002 Darwin