Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: I won't get the login screen
Operating Systems AIX I won't get the login screen Post 302112924 by johnf on Monday 2nd of April 2007 02:16:18 AM
Old 04-02-2007
It might be a problem with the /etc/resolve.conf not finding the declared DNS. What is the machine? Can you get to a system console and log on as root? If can log on rename resolve.conf (mv resolve.conf oldresolve).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Login screen change

If I want to change a Solaris 8 login screen to add a Company name what do I need to do ? Current login prompt SunOS 5.8 login: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miredale
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

won't allow root login from another terminal to my sun

I'm trying to log in to one of my sun boxes via EXCEED's X-terminal and it won't allow me to do so as root, says not at system console, is there a way to change that so it allows logging in as root at a remote terminal? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Pre-Login Screen Resolution

I'm trying to configure the resolution that the pre-login screen is set at, I have looked on the net and all I can find is people telling me to edit the 'm46config' file. I cant find this file anywhere in any directory. I'm running Solaris 10 - any ideas how I can alter the resolution? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dredz
1 Replies

4. AIX

Pre Login Screen

Is it possible to have the user press enter to acknowledge a message before typing in his or her login name and password? I need to add this functionality to the CDE login, ssh, and ibm 3151 console on AIX 5.3. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prichard
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris Login Screen Not Loading

I (think I) successfully installed Solaris 10 5/09 on the IDE hard drive of my computer using the 5 installation CDs I downloaded from the Sun website. But now when I boot from the IDE hard drive I think it boots successfully but It asks me for the root password or Ctrl+D to abort. When I give it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Screen resolution before and after login

system: Fedora14 on vmware the login screen resolution is 1024*768, but after login the resolution is 800*600. I want to set the login screen resolution as 800*600 too. How to do this? thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

OpenSuse Login Screen

I'm Not really sure if this is the best place to ask this question but logic tells me it is :P I'm Trying to change the login screen for OpenSuse the green Screen for something a little bit more of my liking, and I think the only way to do it perfect and right is through the command Line, do not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JuankyKong
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Login Screen in Solaris 11

I have a requirement to add a warning banner to the Solaris 11 login screen. Adding the banner was pretty easy in Solaris 10 by changing *Dtlogin. Does anyone know how to make the change in Solaris !!? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goose25
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Login screen reappears..!!

Hi all, My login screen reappears if i give a correct password for a user and give login.. I am doing Linux BMR process for CentOs .. I first backup the ' / ' folder with partition details and then restore it using a live cd. By doing so i got succeeded in restoring a machine.. But while... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvarajvs
0 Replies

10. HP-UX

CDE Login on console won't use keyboard

Hi all, I'm installing a HP r2660 machine with HP-UX 11.23 (this version fixed by customer's product) and I've troubles using the VGA console as workstation display. At first it worked just as TEXT console, then I fixed /etc/dt/config/Xservers and now I've the CDE prompt for login. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry100
5 Replies
pipelog.conf(4) 						   File Formats 						   pipelog.conf(4)

NAME
pipelog.conf - pipelog configuration for libpipelog.so of the plugins of gnome-system-log file SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/gnome-system-log/plugins/pipelog.conf DESCRIPTION
The libpipelog.so is a plugin for gnome-system-log(1), it runs commands through pipes and get the output of the individual pipe as a log content. Users can copy the file into $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-system-log/plugins/`uname -p` to overwrite the system default one. The syntax of pipelog.conf file is: <log path><whitespace><command> <command> may be a simple program name (which will be found in $PATH) or an absolute path of a binary with arguments list. "%s" can be included in <command> zero or one time, will be replaced by <log path> in runtime. FILES
/usr/lib/gnome-system-log/plugins/pipelog.conf The system default configuration file for the plugin libpipelog.so $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-system-log/plugins/`uname -p`/pipelog.conf The user specific configuration file for the plugin libpipelog.so EMAMPLE
/var/adm/wtmpx last /var/adm/utmpx /bin/last -f %s SEE ALSO
gnome-system-log(1), grablogs.conf(4) gnome-utils 2.16.0 13 Oct 2006 pipelog.conf(4)