Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: upgrading java
Operating Systems Solaris upgrading java Post 302112500 by hcclnoodles on Wednesday 28th of March 2007 01:00:27 PM
Old 03-28-2007
upgrading java

Hi there

I have been tasked with upgrading java on one of our boxes to version 6.0 or later (package version 1.5 or later someone told me). but ive been trying to find the SUNW package for this and cant see it, so I checked pkginfo for installed package and there isnt one ....even though java is installed eg

Code:
[root@server] # java -version
java version "1.3.1_10"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1_10-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.1_10-b03, mixed mode)

but .....

Code:
[root@server] # pkginfo | grep -i jav
[root@server] #

Does anybody know how I go about upgrading this? and do i need to uninstall the old one before installing the new ??

any help would be grealty appreciated

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Upgrading Java 1.4.1 to 1.4.2 in UNIX

Hi, I have got java 1.4.1 in my unix server, i wish to upgrade it to 1.4.2 version. I know how to do that in Windows, but it is the first time i am doing it in UNIX. Please tell me how to do it from command line? Are there any environment variable to be set in unix as in windows? Thanks in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: macmohanin
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Upgrading java on solaris 10 x86 32 bit

I have java installed on my solaris 10 as /usr/jdk/jdk1.5.0 , but i need to install Weblogic for that i need -- JDK Sun Java 2 JDK 6.0 Update 05 with the Java HotSpot™ Client and Server VMs (32-bit) and all later service packs of 6.0 How can i upgrade my java for this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jain_sharad143
3 Replies
jpackage-utils(7)						RPM Java packaging						 jpackage-utils(7)

NAME
jpackage-utils - Utilities, macros and other files for the JPackage Project <http://www.jpackage.org/>: SYNOPSIS
build-classpath build the Java classpath in a portable manner build-jar-repository build a jar repository in a portable manner rebuild-jar-repository rebuild a jar repository in a portable manner (after a jvm change...) build-classpath-directory build the Java classpath from a directory diff-jars show jar content differences jvmjar install jvm extensions create-jar-links create custom jar links clean-binary-files remove binary files from sources check-binary-files check for presence of unexpected binary files DESCRIPTION
The JPackage Project has two primary goals: - To provide a coherent set of Java software packages for Linux, satisfying all quality requirements of other applications. - To establish an efficient and robust policy for Java software packaging and installation. We focus on free and open source software whenever possible. For convenience, we also provide non-free packages without the restricted source code. Our RPMs are generic in that they should work on any RPM based Linux distribution (Mandriva, Red Hat, SuSE, others). Other packaging format suggestions are welcome too. FILES
/use/share/java-utils/java-functions shell script functions library for Java applications /etc/java/jpackage-release string identifying the currently installed JPackage release /etc/java/java.conf system-wide Java configuration file ~/.java/java.conf user's Java configuration /etc/rpm/macros.jpackage RPM macros for Java packagers and developers SEE ALSO
Regular Manual Pages build-classpath(1) build-classpath-directory(1) build-jar-repository(1) check-binary-files(1) clean-binary-files(1) create-jar-links(1) diff-jars(1) find-jar(1) jvmjar(1) rebuild-jar-repository(1) rebuild-security-providers(1) java.conf(5) Documentation Following files are located in your standard documentation directory HEADER.JPP A standard header with license for spec files of JPackage Project clean-binary-files.txt A further documentation for check-binary-files(1), clean-binary-files(1) and create-jar-links(1) commands httpd-javadoc.conf Example JPackage javadoc configuration snippet for Apache jpackage-1.5-policy.xhtml JPackage Java infrastructure design and packaging policy jpackage-utils-policy JPackage packaging (naming) policy AUTHOR
Written by the JPackage Project REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs using JPackage Bugzilla (http://www.jpackage.org/bugzilla/) jpackage-utils 1.7.5 February 2009 jpackage-utils(7)