Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need find a file based length Post 302111901 by J_ang on Friday 23rd of March 2007 10:03:04 AM
Old 03-23-2007
Need find a file based length

Can some please help me? Want to find files over 35 characters in length? I am running HPUX. Would it be possible with find?

Thanks in advance

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find the length of file names in a directory?

Hi, how can find length of file names in a directory. Examp: I have a directory with name "d1". directory: d1 files: aaa.log bbb.log abcd.log abcdef.log I wold like out put like: file name legnth aaa.log 3 bbb.log 3 abcd.log 4 abcdef.log 5 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How To Find Length of a Field in XML File

Hi I have a xml file with below data...have to find the length of the filedvalues... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-15" standalone="no"?><abc xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2000/XMLSchem... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naughty21
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What the command to find out the record length of a fixed length file?

I want to find out the record length of a fixed length file? I forgot the command. Any body know? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tranq01
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert a tab delimited/variable length file to fixed length file

Hi, all. I need to convert a file tab delimited/variable length file in AIX to a fixed lenght file delimited by spaces. This is the input file: 10200002<tab>US$ COM<tab>16/12/2008<tab>2,3775<tab>2,3783 19300978<tab>EURO<tab>16/12/2008<tab>3,28523<tab>3,28657 And this is the expected... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Everton_Silveir
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the length of each line in the file

Hi, I want to find the length of each line(including all the characters, spaces etc.) in a file and check if all the lines are of same length using a ksh script. Please help. Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suryaaravindh
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Flat file-make field length equal to header length

Hello Everyone, I am stuck with one issue while working on abstract flat file which i have to use as input and load data to table. Input Data- ------ ------------------------ ---- ----------------- WFI001 Xxxxxx Control Work Item A Number of Records ------ ------------------------... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonali.s.more
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the length of MP4 file in cygwin?

Hi, Apologies if I'm posting in wrong section. How can I find length (duration) of MP4 videos and m4a audio files on cygwin? I heard about mediainfo, ffmpeg, avconv utilities on Linux platform but not sure if they work (or available) on cygwin. Please advise, TIA (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delimit file based on character length using awk

Hi, I need help with one problem, I came across recently. I have one input file which I need to delimit based on character length. $ cat Input.txt 12345sda231453 asd760kjol62569 sdasw4g76gdf57 And, There is one comma separated file which mentions "start of the field" and "length... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathmesh
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Splitting the file based on two fields - Fixed length file

Hi , I am having a scenario where I need to split the file based on two field values. The file is a fixed length file. ex: AA0998703000000000000190510095350019500010005101980301 K 0998703000000000000190510095351019500020005101480 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saj
4 Replies
fslint-gui(1)							   User Commands						     fslint-gui(1)

NAME
fslint-gui - A GUI wrapper for the individual fslint command line tools SYNOPSIS
fslint-gui [OPTIONS] [PATHS] DESCRIPTION
fslint is a toolset to find various problems with filesystems, including duplicate files and problematic filenames etc. Individual command line tools are available in addition to the GUI and to access them, one can change to, or add to $PATH the /usr/share/fslint/fslint directory on a standard install. Each of these commands in that directory have a --help option which further details its parameters. findup - find DUPlicate files findnl - find Name Lint (problems with filenames) findu8 - find filenames with invalid utf8 encoding findbl - find Bad Links (various problems with symlinks) findsn - find Same Name (problems with clashing names) finded - find Empty Directories findid - find files with dead user IDs findns - find Non Stripped executables findrs - find Redundant Whitespace in files findtf - find Temporary Files findul - find possibly Unused Libraries zipdir - Reclaim wasted space in ext2 directory entries PARAMETERS
If [PATHS] are specified, they become the default search path, otherwise the current directory becomes the default. --version Display the fslint version and exit --help Display help for tool specific options AUTHOR
Written by Padraig Brady REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <P@draigBrady.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2009 Padraig Brady <P@draigBrady.com>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details, which is available at www.gnu.org fslint July 2009 fslint-gui(1)