Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users memory configuration incorrect? Post 302111791 by Perderabo on Thursday 22nd of March 2007 06:44:51 PM
Old 03-22-2007
I don't know what the performance impact of mixing memory boards will be. But you should provide your model number at least.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Incorrect Directory Name

Hi, Can anyone help me. I have a problem when i try to find a particular directory using one enviroment, but it can find it in another. We have two enviroments ias9i and 9iAS when we run ldd -s filename for a particular file, the file is found but the directory is marked as ignore with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jand102821
1 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

user name is incorrect

Hello. I registered yesterday with a username of "kailor" and a password of removed. I could only logon with a username of "keithailor@comc" and the above password. I want my username to become "kailor" and my password to remain as removed. Please email me with the steps to correct this. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: keithailor@comc
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

incorrect array values

I have a file with 2 lines and 3 filelds -bash-3.00$ cat del_old_files.cfg $DBA_WORK_DIR *sybdba* 30 $DBA_LOG_DIR *sybdba* 30 I have tried to set up arrays for each field (bash shell) declare -a dirArray=`cut -d' ' -f1 < del_old_files.cfg` declare -a nameArray=`cut -d' ' -f2 <... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhillier
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

Login Incorrect

I have rebooted my box (Redhat Linux) and the system is back online now, but Iam unable to login via ssh for all the users including root, it says "Login Incorrect". I am pretty sure the username/password is correct.May be the password or the shadow file is corrupted ??? How do i login to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sydney2008
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

login incorrect

Hi to all, I get a problem when i tried to modifie the password of the root,but thi s the message i have on root password,even i put the old password i have the same message "password has expired, you are allowed to entry by daemon"Could any one give me any suggestion to solve the problem?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: espace1000
2 Replies

6. Solaris

how to get cpu and memory configuration on sun

Hi folks, can you please help to print cpu and memory configuration on sun host. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggolub
4 Replies

7. Hardware

Sun Blade T6320 memory configuration

Can you mix DIMMs in a T6320 (sparc) blade? I have read/heard that the DIMMs in a memory bay must be identical but can you have different size DIMMs installed in the blade? For instance, can you have 1 4GB DIMM in bay 0, 2 2GB DIMMs in bay 1, 4 1 GB DIMMs in bay 2 and 2 2GB DIMMs in bay 3 for a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[SOLVED] Field $() is incorrect 'what does it mean'

I am creating (or trying to) an awk script to retrieve various data from an input file and output the data in a different format. I think it is self explanatory what I am attempting but I getting the error Field $() isincorrect when I reun it using awk -f file.awk inputfile #!/bin/awk -f... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bruble
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Incorrect Percentage for Memory Utilization.

I am running the command /usr/bin/free -b | awk '/Mem:|cache:/ {print $2,$3}' | sed 'N;s/\n/ /' | awk '{print ($4*100)/$1}' to find out Memory utilization, it is showing 205%, please suggest me what changes are required, below is output of free -b command. $ free -b total ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies
prtdiag(1M)                                                                                                                            prtdiag(1M)

NAME
prtdiag - display system diagnostic information SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/prtdiag [-v] [-l] prtdiag displays system configuration and diagnostic information on sun4u and sun4v systems. The diagnostic information lists any failed field replaceable units (FRUs) in the system. The interface, output, and location in the directory hierarchy for prtdiag are uncommitted and subject to change in future releases. prtdiag does not display diagnostic information and environmental status when executed on the Sun Enterprise 10000 server. See the /var/opt/SUNWssp/adm/${SUNW_HOSTNAME}/messages file on the system service processor (SSP) to obtain such information for this server. The following options are supported: -l Log output. If failures or errors exist in the system, output this information to syslogd(1M) only. -v Verbose mode. Displays the time of the most recent AC Power failure, and the most recent hardware fatal error information, and (if applicable) environmental status. The hardware fatal error information is useful to repair and manufacturing for detailed diagnos- tics of FRUs. The following exit values are returned: 0 No failures or errors are detected in the system. 1 Failures or errors are detected in the system. 2 An internal prtdiag error occurred, for example, out of memory. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWkvm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable* | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ *The output is unstable. modinfo(1M), prtconf(1M), psrinfo(1M), sysdef(1M), syslogd(1M), attributes(5), openprom(7D) NOTES
Not all diagnostic and system information is available on every Solaris platforn, and therefore cannot be displayed by prtdiag. On those platforms, further information can be obtained from the System Controller. 29 Aug 2005 prtdiag(1M)