Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: New UNIX User.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers New UNIX User. Post 302110141 by cfajohnson on Saturday 10th of March 2007 02:47:46 PM
Old 03-10-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerabhattar
Hi,

I am new to UNIX. I need help in working with HP-UX TRU64 OS.
Can any one help in providing the links for the basic and user level commands to work with TRU64 OS.
I would be surporised if all the standard Unix commands were not available. Any Unix site should give you what you need.

If you want HP's own documentation, go to:
http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/pub_page/doc_list.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Totally new unix user

Hi, ive just been given a HP UX c180 to play with, along with a few external hd`s, can anyone recommend me a good place to start learning unix please as i havent got a clue what im doing when it comes to unix. Either web links or book recomendations would be great. I would like to set it up with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Leviathan40
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New UNIX user

Hello., I am relatively new to UNIX and to this forum, (I have trolled a while...) so I have a few questions. A family member works for Network Appliance, and I get old machines from liquidation, etc. He has been pushing for me to learn UNIX for quite some time. Recently I have taken his... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dana919
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New Unix User

I'm trying to learn something new.....I have taken college courses for C and I was looking at my Cellphone and I found a Unix based program that I can use from my phone...pretty nice...but I don't even know how to use Unix at all and want to learn how....so can anyone recommend any good books or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jodadi
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Dial up user!

Does anyone knows how to disconnect specific dial up user from SSH? :cool: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmitryseliv
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to allow unix regular user to disable a unix printer

HI, I'm trying to create a script that a regular unix user can run from a unix menu and disable and enable a unix printer. Any help will be very helpful. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: miguelpza
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix User

I know nothing about Unix but need to set up a user account on a Solaris box and give it access to certain directories. Can anyone provide an idiots step by step guide to setting a user account up?:) All help will be appreciated (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legoman
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows user: New to unix

Hi, I have been using Windows until now and I would like to learn unix now. How do I start. I dont have UNIX account, can I still work on Windows and learn UNIX? Where do I start once I have access to UNIX shell? Please help me. riaz (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruuddin
3 Replies

8. Fedora

New UNIX user

I've acquired a job that uses UNIX as well as Windows 7. I've picked up on things rather quickly at work, but want to learn more at home. At work they have a shell that runs in windows. Is there some place I can download UNIX to run in Windows 7 in order to practice more at home? Any info... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rwolford
4 Replies

9. Programming

how to user get unix variable USER in C

in a C program, how do you access the unix environment variable USER for example? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omega666
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a new user to Unix

Hi, I have my new Unix machine setup. Its just have one user root. I need to create a new user and add it to a group. I want this user to have privileges as root(run all command). I know i need to use useradd command for this.My question is: 1) To which group i should add my user? DO i need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kailash19
2 Replies