Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Career Advise: Part 2
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Career Advise: Part 2 Post 302110139 by blowtorch on Saturday 10th of March 2007 01:56:48 PM
Old 03-10-2007
A shouting match? I find that strange to be honest... I work at a datacenter that has pretty much everything: Unix flavours (Sun, HP, AIX, Tru64), Windows and big iron mainframes. And I haven't ever seen two guys from different teams get into an argument over 'which OS is better'.

My two cents... quite useless, I'm sure.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need your advise for which version ?

Hi ... I'm new when it comes to using a computer , I have in the last few years kind of learn Windows xp but I find that Microsoft is ripping people off with their operating system and I would very much like to try to learn Unix operating system , so far all I know about Linux/Unix its totally... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: terryfox
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I am one of the newbies, please advise

I am new to UNIX and Linux. I have some experiences with Windows server. I am thinking to start with those OS (Unix/Linux) and more specifically with the OS for the server. however, i have no idea which one would i start first, unix or linux? Because i also dont know how they are different. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanlen
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

your advise on mysql, please

My intention is to set up a mysql on unix. Could you provide some info, please, useful for realization of the plan (other than "read the documentation" that will be done anyway)? vaguely yours` sehrguey (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: serguey
2 Replies

4. Linux

Please advise me.

Hello all, I have a question, and would like some advice please. I am a windows guy by trade....5 years in the Marines is where I learnt a lot of what i know. I took a junior level sys admin job...learned a bit more...and now I do IT security. All of this happened in the last 8 years. So I'm 27... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Quality
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Advise on HP unix

Hi everyone I need help i want to learn Unix and do some certification on Unix Hp the reason why i choose Hp is because the company that i work for uses HP and interested in knowing a lt more about what i do i montor the unix server (disk space CPU usage memory utilization,proceeses job... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: liema
5 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Unix Admin, need a bit of career advise

I posted a request for suggestions on my career, but there was no response. Can anyone please guide me if it was posted in the right forum or thread? Hi Dear, I am in my early thirties and going through a phase of career confusion. Since I am HPUX, Tru64 administrator I need some councelling... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukherj
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Printing a part of the last line of the specific part of a file

Hi, I have 80 large files, from which I want to get a specific value to run a Bash script. Firstly, I want to get the part of a file which contains this: Name =A xxxxxx yyyyyy zzzzzz aaaaaa bbbbbb Value = 57 This is necessary because in a file there are written more lines which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenclu
6 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Need career advise as UNIX adminstrator

I have been working in application support at last 2 years. But I want to become unix administrator and I have basic knowledge in unix command, VI Editors, Unix file system. But I don't know proper procedure to become unix administrator, so could you please give suggestion and advise where I start... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopal88
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to make a loop to read the input from a file part by part?

Hi All, We've a VDI infrastructure in AWS (AWS workspaces) and we're planning to automate the process of provisioning workspaces. Instead of going to GUI console, and launching workspaces by selecting individual users is little time consuming. Thus, I want to create them in bunches from AWS CLI... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_adm
6 Replies
ubuntu-upload-permission(1)				      General Commands Manual				       ubuntu-upload-permission(1)

NAME
ubuntu-upload-permission - Query upload rights and (optionally) list the people and teams with upload rights for a package SYNOPSIS
ubuntu-upload-permission [options] package DESCRIPTION
ubuntu-upload-permission checks if the user has upload permissions for package. If the --list-uploaders option is provided, all the people and teams that do have upload rights for package will be listed. OPTIONS
-r RELEASE, --release=RELEASE Query permissions in RELEASE. Default: current development release. -a, --list-uploaders List all the people and teams who have upload rights for package. -t, --list-team-members List all the members of every team with rights. (Implies --list-uploaders) -h, --help Display a help message and exit EXIT STATUS
0 You have the necessary upload rights. 1 You don't have the necessary upload rights. 2 There was an error. AUTHORS
ubuntu-upload-permission and this manpage were written by Stefano Rivera <stefanor@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the terms of the ISC License. ubuntu-dev-tools November 2011 ubuntu-upload-permission(1)