Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to replace a text inside a file based on a xml key Post 302110094 by dennis.jacob on Saturday 10th of March 2007 02:25:32 AM
Old 03-10-2007
Give a try on this ...
$1 is the filename entered through command line

(( x = $(sed -n '/<param-value>\([0-9]*\)</p' $1 | sed 's!\(<param-value>\)\([0-9]*\)\(</param-value>\)!\2!') + 1 ))
x="<param-value>$x</param-value>"
sed 's!\(<param-value>\)\([0-9]*\)\(</param-value>\)!'$x'! ' $1 >newxml
rm -f $1 && mv newxml $1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern replace inside text file using sed

Hi, I have a situation where I want to replace some occurrences of ".jsp" into ".html" inside a text file. For Example: If a pattern found like <a href="http://www.mysite.com/mypage.jsp"> it should be retained. But if a pattern found like <a href="../mypage.jsp"> it should be changed to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meharo
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Text Based On Pattern

Hi I'm trying to replace text in a file based upon a pattern. The pattern I'm looking for is: <styleURL>#style0002</styleURL> <name>#######6105#######</name>The # are seven alphanumeric characters before and after 6105. I need it to replace that with this recursively: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace text based on column

Replace these if the column is - p = q q = p r = s s = r input - PQRSSP + PQRS output - QPSRRQ + PQRS Some thing,like (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bumblebee_2010
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Filename and text inside of directory

I have a directory that has directories that contain Dir-20111114-xyz and I want to change them to Dir-20111121-xyz. Inside of Dir-20111114-xyz, I have a config.xml file that also contains the date that I need changed from 20111114 to 20111121 I have used sed to replace inside of file not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: icculus99
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace text inside XML file based on condition

Hi All, I want to change the name as SEQ_13 ie., <Property Name="Name">SEQ_13</Property> when the Stage Type is PxSequentialFile ie., <Property Name="StageType">PxSequentialFile</Property> :wall: Input.XML <Main> <Record Identifier="V0S13" Type="CustomStage" Readonly="0">... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmsekhar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell or perl script to replace XML text in bulk

Hi, I am looking for assistance over shell or perl (without XML twig module) which replace string in XML file under particular branch..example of code file sample.. Exact requirment : Replace "Su saldo es" in below file with "Your balance" but only in XML branch of Text id=98 and Text Id=12... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashu_099
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split xml file into multiple xml based on letterID

Hi All, We need to split a large xml into multiple valid xml with same header(2lines) and footer(last line) for N number of letterId. In the example below we have first 2 lines as header and last line as footer.(They need to be in each split xml file) Header: <?xml version="1.0"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy and paste text inside a xml file

I have a really big XML file. I need copy the value of one tag inside another one tag. I try to publish one example. <channel update="i" site="merge-xmltv" site_id="" xmltv_id="Rai 1">Rai 1</channel> <channel update="i" site="merge-xmltv" site_id="" xmltv_id="Rai 1 +2HD">Rai 1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tapiocapioca
6 Replies

9. Programming

How to write in other language in text/xml file by reading english text/xml file using C++?

Hello Team, I have 2 files.one contains english text and another contains Japanese. so i have to read english text and replace the text with Japanesh text in third file. Basically, I need a help to write japanese language in text/xml file.I heard wstring does this.Not sure how do i write... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find replace text in xml file on the fly

Dear Unix guru, I have a .XML file which is being used to load data to oracle. This file comes on unix box and one of the tag in xml is oracle key word. I want to find that tag and replace with new tag on the fly For example I will get one of the tag in xml is as below <from>Test Test... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
12 Replies
XML::Grove::Subst(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    XML::Grove::Subst(3pm)

NAME
XML::Grove::Subst - substitute values into a template SYNOPSIS
use XML::Grove::Subst; # Using subst method on XML::Grove::Document or XML::Grove::Element: $new_grove = $source_grove->subst( ARGS ); $new_grove = $source_grove->subst_hash( ARG ); # Using an XML::Grove::Subst instance: $subster = XML::Grove::Subst->new(); $new_grove = $subster->subst( $source_grove, ARGS ); $new_grove = $subster->subst_hash( $source_grove, ARG ); DESCRIPTION
"XML::Grove::Subst" implements XML templates. "XML::Grove::Subst" traverses through a source grove replacing all elements with names `"SUB:XXX"' or `"SUB:key"' with their corresponding values from ARGS (a list) or ARG (a hash), repsectively. METHODS
$grove_obj->subst( ARGS ) =item $subster->subst( $grove_obj, ARGS ) Search for `"SUB:XXX"' elements, where XXX is an array index, and replace the element with the value from ARGS, a list of values. The return value is a new grove with the substitutions applied. $grove_obj->subst_hash( ARG ) =item $subster->subst_hash( $grove_obj, ARG ) Search for `"SUB:key"' elements and replace the element with the value from ARG, a hash of values. The hash key is taken from the `"key"' attribute of the `"SUB:key"' element, for example, `"<SUB:key key='foo'>"'. The return value is a new grove with the substitutions applied. EXAMPLE
The following template, in a file `"template.xml"', could be used for a simple parts database conversion to HTML: <html> <head> <title><SUB:key key='Name'></title> </head> <body> <h1><SUB:key key='Name'></title> <p>Information for part number <SUB:key key='Number'>:</p> <SUB:key key='Description'> </body> </html> To use this template you would first parse it and convert it to a grove, and then use `"subst_hash()"' every time you needed a new page: use XML::Parser::PerlSAX; use XML::Grove; use XML::Grove::Builder; use XML::Grove::Subst; use XML::Grove::PerlSAX; use XML::Handler::XMLWriter; # Load the template $b = XML::Grove::Builder->new(); $p = XML::Parser::PerlSAX->new( Handler = $b ); $source_grove = $p->parse( Source => { SystemId => 'template.xml' } ); # Apply the substitutions $new_grove = $source_grove->subst_hash( { Name => 'Acme DCX-2000 Filter', Number => 'N4728', Description => 'The Best' } ); # Write the new grove to standard output $w = XML::Handler::XMLWriter->new(); $wp = XML::Grove::PerlSAX->new( Handler => $w ); $wp->parse( Source => { Grove => $new_grove } ); AUTHOR
Ken MacLeod, ken@bitsko.slc.ut.us SEE ALSO
perl(1), XML::Grove(3) Extensible Markup Language (XML) <http://www.w3c.org/XML> perl v5.10.1 2010-01-29 XML::Grove::Subst(3pm)