Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to Install Solaris 10 on top of Windows system Post 302109610 by Lokesha on Wednesday 7th of March 2007 03:16:04 AM
Old 03-07-2007
Bug

Thanks your quick response Andrek.

I'll go through the contents. Hope this will works for me.

Cheers~~
Lokesha

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How do you run Unix on top of Windows?

Okay, so here's my dealio. I have a (rather old) system that runs Windows 98 Second Edition. What i wanna do is be able to run Unix from it. My question is, how do you do that? A friend told me that when you boot up, the computer will ask you which OS you want to run. I'm really not quite clear on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarkAngel
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to install top

Hi! Im trying to install top but i cant figure out make. Does anyone know why this happens, and how to get it working. Error message: $ make make -DHAVE_GETOPT -DORDER -DHAVE_STRERROR -O -DCOLOUR -c top.c Usage : make ... make: Fatal error: Unknown... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dozy
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Top is not install on my server, is other command I can use!

Hi, Top is not install on my server, is other command I can use? Kind Regards Mehrdad (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Install Windows 2003 R2 on existing Windows 2008

Hi, I am trying to install WIndows 2003 R2 Server on existing Windows 2008 server. When I run the 2003 cd it says no disk found. What can be the problem. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunnervarma
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Informix install on Solaris(unix) system help

Hi, I have been given the task of installing Informix 10.00 FC5 on a Sunfire V100 running Solaris 10. The plan is to restore the last Informix backup from tape and test it on the V100 which is in our test/devel environment. I have never worked with Informix and Solaris admin is still pretty... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
0 Replies

6. Solaris

install solaris 8 on windows xp OS

Hi everyone, I want to install solaris 8 on emachines computer , but it already have windows xp opeting system. can you help me how to install solaris 8 on windows xp os ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: latkanto
4 Replies

7. AIX

Can I install AIX operating system on a PC that is running windows 7?

Hi All, I was wondering if I can install AIX 6.1 on my D harddrive and have Windows 7 on my C harddrive. If so, can anybody help me with the installation of AIX? I am totally new to AIX and don't know how to install it. Tried getting info from google on how to install AIX but couldn't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIX_Beginner
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A file system visible for solaris and windows?

Hi, I have a 1TB external iomega hard disk, and I want to plug it to a solaris 8 machine. The problem is that solaris doesn't recognize the NTFS file system partition. I was thinking of formatting it to FAT32, but I would like to know if anyone knows a better file system, considering: - I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dann-E
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Viewing Solaris File System From Windows Client Using Lanman

Hi I currently have a Windows mapped network drive on a PC which is connected to the network. Also on the network is a Solaris box running Solaris 8 which I can view (root file system) from the Windows PC. The mapped network syntax is sharename\\server name. When I select this mapped drive on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris-10 install - Windows wiped out ?

When I installed Solaris 10 on an existing drive with Windows, would Solaris have ability to partition the "remaining" disk space, OR has it wiped out my Windows already? I only get this when I start the laptop: http://www.blastwave.org/docs/step-068.html During install process, is this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve701
4 Replies
ARES_PARSE_PTR_REPLY(3) 				     Library Functions Manual					   ARES_PARSE_PTR_REPLY(3)

NAME
ares_parse_ptr_reply - Parse a reply to a DNS query of type PTR into a hostent SYNOPSIS
#include <ares.h> int ares_parse_ptr_reply(const unsigned char *abuf, int alen, const void *addr, int addrlen, int family, struct hostent **host); DESCRIPTION
The ares_parse_ptr_reply function parses the response to a query of type PTR into a struct hostent. The parameters abuf and alen give the contents of the response. The parameters addr, addrlen, and family specify which address was queried for; they are not used to verify the response, merely used to fill in the address of the struct hostent. The resulting struct hostent is stored in allocated memory and a pointer to it stored into the variable pointed to by host. It is the caller's responsibility to free the resulting host structure using ares_free_hostent(3) when it is no longer needed. RETURN VALUES
ares_parse_ptr_reply can return any of the following values: ARES_SUCCESS The response was successfully parsed. ARES_EBADRESP The response was malformatted. ARES_ENODATA The response did not contain an answer to the query. ARES_ENOMEM Memory was exhausted. SEE ALSO
ares_gethostbyaddr(3), ares_free_hostent(3) AUTHOR
Greg Hudson, MIT Information Systems Copyright 1998 by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. 25 July 1998 ARES_PARSE_PTR_REPLY(3)