Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris disabled telnet now need port 23 or port 22 Post 302109336 by mhm4 on Monday 5th of March 2007 02:08:40 PM
Old 03-05-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerkw
can you point me in the right direction to get to the commands

http://www.ssh.com/support/documenta...orwarding.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

block telnet to specific port

Hello All I am running redhat linux 7.2 and would like to know how i can block telnetting to a specified port . say for example i would like to block telnet acesses to port 80. regards Xiamin (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

telnet on specific port??

Hi all, I have a problem. I have machine names and their IP addresses in /etc/hosts file. My application does telnet on that machine host name. The application does not uses IP address for tenet. It will fetch the host name from /etc/hosts file. Now the telnet server runs on customized port.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB port is disabled using BIOS, I want to enable it

Hi, I have PC with Linux OS RHEL3 and USB port is disabled from BIOS. BIOS access is protected using password. But, I have root access. Now, how can I enable USB port using root access? Is there any trick that I can do using root access that can enable USB port once my PC has booted up? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gydave
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet IP and Port Script

Hi, I would like to create a simple script that will telnet a number of IP and Ports one after the other to confirm connectivity to those addresses. I don't need to log on, just output to a file what the response is, i.e Escape Character, connectivity refused etc. Complete newbie to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asou
6 Replies

5. AIX

Telnet to port

can some one help me ? what happens when we telnet to a port ? example telnet 192.168.0.xx 1234 where 1234 is a port number Thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anwesh
5 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Telnet to a serial port

Hello all. I have an old computer with M$-DOS 7. I want to use it like a dumb terminal, with telnet. I need to connect it to my desktop These are my questions: How can i configure the serial port on dos? How can i telnet form dos to the serial port? How can i set up a telnet server on the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
12 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Can't telnet to port 25 on the host.

Hi, we have recently setup a new UNIX server with solaris 10 and I am having issue with with SMTP/sendmail. telnet localhost 25 --- works telnet hostname.domain.com 25 -- does not work. # telnet hostname.domain.com 25 Trying 10.122.1.111... telnet: Unable to connect to remote host:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esmgr
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

telnet port 23

My linux version is 2.6.18-194.e14 (Oracle enterprise linux). Could you please tell me how to enable telnet on the server. When I try to connect the server through another pc using telnet it is throwing error. Connecting To <ip address>...Could not open connection to the host, on port 23.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oradba_arun
3 Replies

9. IP Networking

telnet for port 5433 is not working while it works for port 22

Hi, I am trying to set up a dev environment and I have Ubuntu server (10.16.1.92) and a CentOS VM (10.16.3.235) on this. On the CentOS I have a program running on port 5433. Now my problem is that I am unable to telnet this port from another Windows server whereas I can telnet port 22 from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishav
5 Replies

10. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
TELNET-PROBE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   TELNET-PROBE(1)

NAME
telnet-probe - lightweight telnet-like port probe SYNOPSIS
$PCP_BINADM_DIR/telnet-probe [-c] [-v] host port DESCRIPTION
telnet-probe allows the pmdashping(1) daemons to establish connections to arbitrary local and remote service-providing daemons so that response time and service availability information can be obtained. The required host and port number arguments have the same meaning as their telnet(1) equivalents. The -c option causes telnet-probe to perform a connect(2) only. This skips the read(2) and write(2) exercise that would otherwise be done after connecting (see below). The -v option causes telnet-probe to be verbose while operating. Once the telnet connection has been established, telnet-probe reads from stdin until end-of-file, and writes all the input data to the tel- net connection. Next, telnet-probe will read from the telnet connection until end-of-file, discarding whatever data it receives. Then telnet-probe exits. To operate successfully, the input passed via telnet-probe to the remote service must be sufficient to cause the remote service to close the connection when the last line of input has been processed, e.g. ending with ``quit'' when probing SMTP on port 25. By default telnet-probe will not produce any output, unless there is an error in which case a diagnostic message can be displayed (in ver- bose mode only) and the exit status will be non-zero indicating a failure. PCP ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables with the prefix PCP_ are used to parameterize the file and directory names used by PCP. On each installation, the file /etc/pcp.conf contains the local values for these variables. The $PCP_CONF variable may be used to specify an alternative configura- tion file, as described in pcp.conf(5). DIAGNOSTICS
If telnet-probe succeeds, then 0 will be returned. If the attempt to establish a connection fails or is terminated, then a non-zero exit status is returned. SEE ALSO
PCPintro(1), pmdashping(1), pmie(1), telnet(1), connect(2), read(2) and write(2). Performance Co-Pilot PCP TELNET-PROBE(1)