Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Determine Solaris box network interface? Post 302108804 by grial on Thursday 1st of March 2007 03:30:56 AM
Old 03-01-2007
ifconfig -a

Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

network interface problem solaris 2.5

Hi guys, Hope somebody can help me on this. I have a Sun Sparc 20 workstation and it has a boot problem. During boot, an error message " ifconfig:socket: Bad File Number" come up and the workstation hang (cannot boot). I did boot -s and checked using ifconfig -a command but i got the same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kroegand
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 9 on x86- Can't detect network interface

Hi All, I recently installed Solaris 9 on my Compaq Presario V2000 Series (V2069CL) laptop. Everything is working fine except that Solaris is not able to detect the Network Interface after boot. While the system is booting, it shows that it has detected "Xircom Pocket Ethernet parallel port... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: com2com
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Route new network interface Solaris 8

Hi there, I'm trying to configure an additional network interface on Solaris 8 (eri0). The interface has been activated, but all the frames are still routed to the current default interface (ce0) I've tried following command (with various syntaxes...) unsuccessfully so far: # route add... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreiniche
2 Replies

4. Solaris

What are the kernel parameter of network interface in Solaris?

Hi gurus Could anybody tell me that what are the kernal parameter of network interface in solaris Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to determine network interface that will be used to send a packet for an IP

Hello, I'm writing to you because I encountered the following problem. My program displayes all network interfaces that are available in the system, but I would like to add a functionality in which a user can enter a destination address IP (ex. the IP address of the Google search engine) and will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: foxrafi
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Getting Network Interface details in solaris

Hi, /sbin/ifconfig -a when i login as guest user , output like below, lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 eri0: flags=1004843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,DHCP,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumguest
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Configure network interface for Solaris 10

Hi, I have installed Solaris 10 on VMware7, When i used ifconfig -a to check network interface, it has shown lo0 as loopback interface. Please advise how to configure network interfaces using VMware. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajhal04
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Network Interface -- Solaris

Dear All, I have a solaris Server in which I have 4 network interfaces , out of which only one is used . So all the applications are using this interface . The interface speed is 1000Mbps . I find no hardware issue or packets g being dropped. But i find that no of Input and Output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Network interface configuration - Solaris 11

Hi, I am new in Solaris 11. I can't even make the NIC work. Here is the issue: Any help will be greatly appreciated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies
inet_type(4)							   File Formats 						      inet_type(4)

NAME
inet_type - default Internet protocol type SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/inet_type DESCRIPTION
The inet_type file defines the default IP protocol to use. Currently this file is only used by the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. The inet_type file can contain a number of <variable>=<value> lines. Currently, the only variable defined is DEFAULT_IP, which can be assigned a value of IP_VERSION4, IP_VERSION6, or BOTH. The output displayed by the ifconfig and netstat commands can be controlled by the value of DEFAULT_IP set in inet_type file. By default, both commands display the IPv4 and IPv6 information available on the system. The user can choose to suppress display of IPv6 information by setting the value of DEFAULT_IP. The following shows the possible values for DEFAULT_IP and the resulting ifconfig and netstat output that will be displayed: IP_VERSION4 Displays only IPv4 related information. The output displayed is backward compatible with older versions of the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. IP_VERSION6 Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. BOTH Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. The command-line options to the ifconfig and netstat commands override the effect of DEFAULT_IP as set in the inet_type file. For example, even if the value of DEFAULT_IP is IP_VERSION4, the command example% ifconfig -a6 will display all IPv6 interfaces. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Suppressing IPv6 Related Output This is what the inet_type file must contain if you want to suppress IPv6 related output: DEFAULT_IP=IP_VERSION4 SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), netstat(1M) SunOS 5.11 16 Jun 1999 inet_type(4)