Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Determine Solaris box network interface? Post 302108779 by akbar on Thursday 1st of March 2007 12:54:07 AM
Old 03-01-2007
Determine Solaris box network interface?

Given a new Solaris box, with a fresh, unconfigured install on it, how does one figure out what kind of network interface it has (bge,le, hme, etc)?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

network interface problem solaris 2.5

Hi guys, Hope somebody can help me on this. I have a Sun Sparc 20 workstation and it has a boot problem. During boot, an error message " ifconfig:socket: Bad File Number" come up and the workstation hang (cannot boot). I did boot -s and checked using ifconfig -a command but i got the same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kroegand
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 9 on x86- Can't detect network interface

Hi All, I recently installed Solaris 9 on my Compaq Presario V2000 Series (V2069CL) laptop. Everything is working fine except that Solaris is not able to detect the Network Interface after boot. While the system is booting, it shows that it has detected "Xircom Pocket Ethernet parallel port... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: com2com
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Route new network interface Solaris 8

Hi there, I'm trying to configure an additional network interface on Solaris 8 (eri0). The interface has been activated, but all the frames are still routed to the current default interface (ce0) I've tried following command (with various syntaxes...) unsuccessfully so far: # route add... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreiniche
2 Replies

4. Solaris

What are the kernel parameter of network interface in Solaris?

Hi gurus Could anybody tell me that what are the kernal parameter of network interface in solaris Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to determine network interface that will be used to send a packet for an IP

Hello, I'm writing to you because I encountered the following problem. My program displayes all network interfaces that are available in the system, but I would like to add a functionality in which a user can enter a destination address IP (ex. the IP address of the Google search engine) and will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: foxrafi
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Getting Network Interface details in solaris

Hi, /sbin/ifconfig -a when i login as guest user , output like below, lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 eri0: flags=1004843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,DHCP,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumguest
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Configure network interface for Solaris 10

Hi, I have installed Solaris 10 on VMware7, When i used ifconfig -a to check network interface, it has shown lo0 as loopback interface. Please advise how to configure network interfaces using VMware. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajhal04
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Network Interface -- Solaris

Dear All, I have a solaris Server in which I have 4 network interfaces , out of which only one is used . So all the applications are using this interface . The interface speed is 1000Mbps . I find no hardware issue or packets g being dropped. But i find that no of Input and Output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Network interface configuration - Solaris 11

Hi, I am new in Solaris 11. I can't even make the NIC work. Here is the issue: Any help will be greatly appreciated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies
HME(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    HME(4)

NAME
hme -- Sun Microelectronics STP2002-STQ Ethernet interfaces device driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device miibus device hme Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_hme_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The hme driver supports Sun Microelectronics STP2002-STQ ``Happy Meal Ethernet'' Fast Ethernet interfaces. All controllers supported by the hme driver have TCP checksum offload capability for both receive and transmit, support for the reception and transmission of extended frames for vlan(4) and a 128-bit multicast hash filter. HARDWARE
The hme driver supports the on-board Ethernet interfaces of many Sun UltraSPARC workstation and server models. Cards supported by the hme driver include: o Sun PCI SunSwift Adapter (``SUNW,hme'') o Sun SBus SunSwift Adapter (``hme'' and ``SUNW,hme'') o Sun PCI Sun100BaseT Adapter 2.0 (``SUNW,hme'') o Sun SBus Sun100BaseT 2.0 (``SUNW,hme'') o Sun PCI Quad FastEthernet Controller (``SUNW,qfe'') o Sun SBus Quad FastEthernet Controller (``SUNW,qfe'') NOTES
On sparc64 the hme driver respects the local-mac-address? system configuration variable which can be set in the Open Firmware boot monitor using the setenv command or by eeprom(8). If set to ``false'' (the default), the hme driver will use the system's default MAC address for all of its devices. If set to ``true'', the unique MAC address of each interface is used if present rather than the system's default MAC address. Supported interfaces having their own MAC address include on-board versions on boards equipped with more than one Ethernet interface and all add-on cards except the single-port SBus versions. SEE ALSO
altq(4), intro(4), miibus(4), netintro(4), vlan(4), eeprom(8), ifconfig(8) Sun Microelectronics, STP2002QFP Fast Ethernet, Parallel Port, SCSI (FEPS) User's Guide, April 1996, http://mediacast.sun.com/users/Barton808/media/STP2002QFP-FEPs_UG.pdf. HISTORY
The hme driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.5. The first FreeBSD version to include it was FreeBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
The hme driver was written by Paul Kranenburg <pk@NetBSD.org>. BSD
June 14, 2009 BSD