Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Formatting the Log file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Formatting the Log file Post 302108211 by sharif on Saturday 24th of February 2007 08:31:51 AM
Old 02-24-2007
Clarification

HI,
I am running hundreds of programs in the backround using my script.
I am using
nohup scriptname > conlog.log 2>&1 & inside the script.

I want to format the log file conlog.log. I hope u understood this time.
The format should be like this...

timestamp : process id : scriptname : output message

Tnx.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with formatting of file.

I have a file with following file format - DMCRH|||83000171|||14022008||0430|||8956612.23|J|||3571235|1378452|23468|6894|9234| DMCRH|||83000215|||15092007||0480|||121.33|J|||LineID003|RefNumSP003|RefNumMem003|0004|0003| What i need done is - 1. Cut the firt four digits of the date (eg 1402... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: divz
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Formatting a file.

I want to format a file to limit record length = 100, in each line. Any idea how i can do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhilasha
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with file formatting

Hi, I have a file with below contents: AAA pqr,jkl,mnop,abcd BBB abc,pqrs,xyz,uvw, efgh,uvw, rpk CCC 123,456,789 Need output file as below: AAA,pqr,jkl,mnop,abcd BBB,abc,pqrs,xyz,uvw,efgh,uvw,rpk (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
18 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting a file....

Hi, I have written a script which directs output of vmstat to a file... The file consists of 15 lines in all..... Through scripting I would like to re-format the file excluding first 4 lines... I donot wish to use vi editor and manually delete lines but i want this process to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Formatting

Hi, Need to delete all the records prior to pattern (INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE). If ' is available, then need to retain it. Input ====================== l_s := ' INSERT INTO TEST' l_P PD := ' UPDATE INTO TEST' l_D := ' DELETE INTO TEST' This is test Input ======================... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabhbaisakhi
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Formatting

Hi, Need to delete all the records prior to pattern (INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE). If ' is available, then need to retain it. Input ====================== l_s := ' INSERT INTO TEST' l_P PD := ' UPDATE INTO TEST' l_D := ' DELETE INTO TEST' This is test Output ======================... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabhbaisakhi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting file data to another file (control character related)

I have to write a program to read data from files and then format into another file. However, I face a strange problem related to control character that I can't understand and solve. The source file is compose of many lines with such format: T_NAME|P_NAME|P_CODE|DOCUMENT_PATH|REG_DATE ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk6279
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

HP IML log formatting

HP hardware Linux SLES version 10 shell script, ksh or sh I am taking the output of the IML log and ultimately want to find only entries 30 days old. I am getting some unexpected results along the way. hpasmcli -s "SHOW IML" Event: 4 Added: 06/12/2012 13:56 INFO: Maintenance Note -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snoman1
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting a file

Hi Experts I have a file which looks as follows acttest /report/fieldsinf/acttest/LIVE/acttest Chris New teatin1 /report/fieldsinf/eatin1/TEST/teatin1 Chris New eatin1 /report/fieldsinf/eatin1/LIVE/eatin1 Chris New tbectest ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Formatting data in a raw file by using another mapping file

Hi All, i have a requirement where i need to format the input RAW file ( which is CSV) by using another mapping file(also CSV file). basically i am getting feed file with dynamic headers by using mapping file (in that target field is mapped with source filed) i have to convert the raw file into... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi4informatic
6 Replies
DDB(8)							    BSD System Manager's Manual 						    DDB(8)

NAME
ddb -- configure DDB kernel debugger properties SYNOPSIS
ddb capture [-M -core] [-N -system] print ddb capture [-M -core] [-N -system] status ddb script scriptname ddb script scriptname=script ddb scripts ddb unscript scriptname ddb pathname DESCRIPTION
The ddb utility configures certain aspects of the ddb(4) kernel debugger from user space that are not configured at compile-time or easily via sysctl(8) MIB entries. To ease configuration, commands can be put in a file which is processed using ddb as shown in the last synopsis line. An absolute pathname must be used. The file will be read line by line and applied as arguments to the ddb utility. Whitespace at the beginning of lines will be ignored as will lines where the first non-whitespace character is '#'. OUTPUT CAPTURE
The ddb utility can be used to extract the contents of the ddb(4) output capture buffer of the current live kernel, or from the crash dump of a kernel on disk. The following debugger commands are available from the command line: capture [-M core] [-N system] print Print the current contents of the ddb(4) output capture buffer. capture [-M core] [-N system] status Print the current status of the ddb(4) output capture buffer. SCRIPTING
The ddb utility can be used to configure aspects of ddb(4) scripting from user space; scripting support is described in more detail in ddb(4). Each of the debugger commands is available from the command line: script scriptname Print the script named scriptname. script scriptname=script Define a script named scriptname. As many scripts contain characters interpreted in special ways by the shell, it is advisable to enclose script in quotes. scripts List currently defined scripts. unscript scriptname Delete the script named scriptname. EXIT STATUS
The ddb utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
The following example defines a script that will execute when the kernel debugger is entered as a result of a break signal: ddb script kdb.enter.break="show pcpu; bt" The following example will delete the script: ddb unscript kdb.enter.break For further examples, see the ddb(4) and textdump(4) manual pages. SEE ALSO
ddb(4), textdump(4), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The ddb utility first appeared in FreeBSD 7.1. AUTHORS
Robert N M Watson BUGS
Ideally, ddb would not exist, as all pertinent aspects of ddb(4) could be configured directly via sysctl(8). BSD
December 24, 2008 BSD