Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Triggering a Script Recursively With Different Parameter and in Different Process Post 302106918 by matrixmadhan on Tuesday 13th of February 2007 07:53:48 AM
Old 02-13-2007
Quote:
I have Tried giveing 10 Programs and the Scripts just got finished echoing the all files names

but if i look for the output files there are getting generated one by one only

Am really sorry I cannot understand the above,
are you saying that its not running in parallel or is that you acheive the desired effect.

Quote:
And is there any way i can see all the Back ground Process Running to make sure if its really running in Back Ground parallely??
Code:
jobs

Is that what you are looking for ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Triggering my Unix script....

Hi All, i dont have any idea about perl scripting... i need some suggestion so that i can put my effort to find out the solution:D let me explain....one of my tedious task which will taken care by Unix shell script which i prepared. its a kind of routine work that i am running the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script triggering Korn shell, how-to stop it?

Script_A.sh has echo "In am in script A" ksh ## K-shell is invoked. Script B.sh ## which I am writing... ./script_A.sh echo "I am in script B" return 0 When I run: $> Script_B.sh $> I am in script A $> Basically, on calling Script_A.sh from within Script_B.sh I have the issue of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baivab
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Best practice triggering a process?

Hi, Since I staterd working as Unix sysadmin (about 3 years ago) I always used to trigger a process evaluating the conditions needed to this process to be executed. Recently I've change the company where I work, and they usually create a trigger file to start a process or to stop a process while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nefeli
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Need to identify the process/app which is triggering the error "vmunix: file: table is full"

Hi, I'm seeing the error vmunix: file: table is full in syslog.log. Although changing the value of the kernel parameter nfile would make this error go away, how would I identify which process/application in the server is triggering this error? The server is a HP-UX B.11.11. Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enchogas
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter to script, and split the parameter

i am passing input parameter 'one_two' to the script , the script output should display the result as below one_1two one_2two one_3two if then echo " Usage : <$0> <DATABASE> " exit 0 else for DB in 1 2 3 do DBname=`$DATABASE | awk -F "_" '{print $1_${DB}_$2}` done fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Triggering remote UNIX shell script from Remote desktop

I m trying to run a batch script in remote desktop which executes unix commands on the unix server...the problem is i wnt the output in HTML format.so in my batch script i m giving the cmd like ssh hostname path ksh HC_Report.ksh>out.html ...but it generates the HTML file in remote desktop .i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Script with Parameter (that has another parameter)

Hi. How do I achieve this sh /EDWH-DMT02/script/MISC/exec_sql.sh "@/EDWH-DMT02/script/others/CSM_CKC/Complete_List.sql ${file_name}" Complete_List.txt The /EDWH-DMT02/script/MISC/exec_sql.sh has two parameters and it's working fine with this sh /EDWH-DMT02/script/MISC/exec_sql.sh... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimy
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Triggering UNIX Script from a JAVA program

Hi I am trying to implement one program, where JAVA needs to trigger the backend UNIX script. Tried with options like String cmdArray = {"/bin/ksh","-c","/SCRIPT_ABSOLUTE_PATH/sampleScript.ksh /FILE_ABSOLUTE_PATH Test_File.dat TEST E SFTP"} When I trigger the script from front end with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Triggering a script using POSTFIX....

I have a mail server configured on my server (Postfix), I have a script which requires input to be provided to it. I would like to know if there is a possibility to trigger this script by sending mail to the server. This is what I am thinking: Once the mail arrives on server, the mail will... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidbob
6 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)