Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: clone disk
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory clone disk Post 302106061 by RTM on Tuesday 6th of February 2007 09:35:05 AM
Old 02-06-2007
See this thread - pay attention to the installboot command.

Step 12. In a terminal window type: ./copydisk donotpart c1t1d0 c0t0d0

See if you can take a look at copydisk - it may have a installboot command in it. I would believe copydisk is a script - check with file command ( # file copydisk ) and post what is in copydisk since it seems to be something you may want to understand.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How do I clone Solaris 7 disk

could anyone give me a general idea of how i may clone a 2 Gig disk running Solaris 7 on it to another disk of the same size? currently, this system only has one disk in it though. i do have the ability to hook up another disk via SCSI. i have been told i need to boot to "miniroot" to run... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: obosha
9 Replies

2. Solaris

Clone disk for Sun Blade 2000

Hai ......... my name Rio, I want to clone my harddisk at Sun Balade 2000 server with Solaris 8 OS, my question is : a. what kind method for making backup or clonning disk ? b. what method more easier , quick but still reliable ? c. how to proceed it ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rioria
1 Replies

3. SCO

Clone hard disk using Ghost

Hi. We tried cloning a SCO Unix hard disk using Norton Ghost. However, the new cloned hard disk encounter booting problem. What possibly go wrong? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mizan
1 Replies

4. SCO

Hard disk clone of OpenServer 5.0.0 didn't work, why?

Continuing saga of working on making a retail store more robust by creating a backup clone of the main server, a 1995 era :eek: PC running SCO OpenServer 5.0.0b and a discontinued Point of Sales (POS) software system. I have a PC of the same make and model. The CPU runs faster and it has a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt10
5 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Mounting a disk clone

I wasn't sure where to put this thread but since i use ubuntu for data recovery, I figured this is the best place. So, a friend passed me a 250G Western Digital hard disk the other day and said that his client needs to get her pictures off it. the problem: windows says it wants to reformat the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: old noob
13 Replies

6. AIX

Clone or mirror your AIX OS larger disk to smaller disk ?

hello folks, I have a 300GB ROOTVG volume groups with one filesystem /backup having 200GB allocated space Now, I cannot alt disk clone or mirrorvg this hdisk with another smaller disk. The disk size has to be 300GB; I tried alt disk clone and mirrorvg , it doesn't work. you cannot copy LVs as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Faster dd for disk clone

Guys can anyone tell how can we do faster disk cloning Below i found in google 1. dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/sdb bs=4096 conv=noerror,sync So adding "conv=noerror,sync " makes it faster looks against not adding it 2. Enable write cache activated (hdparm -W1 /dev/sda) then run dd .. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heman96
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Need to Clone Solaris OS to another disk

Hi, I am trying to clone the hard disk image of Solaris OS on one disk to another disk. After some googling I found that there is a command "dd" to achieve this. However there is a condition to use the dd command, that the disk geometry of both the disks (source and target disks) should... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajujayanthy
5 Replies
WREN(3) 						     Library Functions Manual							   WREN(3)

NAME
wren, ata - hard disk interface SYNOPSIS
bind #H[drive] /dev bind #w[target[.lun]] /dev /dev/hd0disk /dev/hd0partition /dev/sd0disk /dev/sd0partition ... DESCRIPTION
The hard disk interfaces (wren, #w, is a SCSI disk; ata, #H, is an IDE or ATA disk) serve a one-level directory giving access to the hard disk partitions. The parameter to attach defines the numerical SCSI target and logical unit number or the IDE drive number to access. Both default to zero. Each partition name is prefixed by hd and the numeric drive identifier. The partition always exists and covers the entire disk. The size of each partition as reported by stat(2) is the number of bytes in the partition, so the size of is the size of the entire disk. The partition also always exists; it is the last block on the disk for SCSI, second to last for IDE. If it contains valid partition data, those partitions will be visible as well. Every time the device is bound, the partitions are updated to reflect any changes in the parti- tion file. The format of the partition file is the string plan9 partitions on a line, followed by partition specifications, one per line, consisting of a name and textual strings for the block start and limit for each partition on the disk. The program prep(8) writes the partition table for the disk; its use is preferred to writing it by hand. SEE ALSO
prep(8), scsi(3) SOURCE
/sys/src/9/port/devwren.c /sys/src/9/pc/devata.c WREN(3)