Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX (URGENT) Mounting JFS2 FileSystem on AIX 4.3 Post 302106008 by funksen on Tuesday 6th of February 2007 03:50:51 AM
Old 02-06-2007
hm you are right, sorry

never tried this before, I've found out, that there is another limitation:

Fragment Size (bytes): 4096 * 2^28 which is 1T

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

jfs (jfs2) for AIX versus Veritas

Hi there, Can anyone tell me the advantages that jfs has over Veritas (if any)?? Cheers. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich
5 Replies

2. Solaris

filesystem mounting

Hi all, I have a question regarding filesystem mounting. I have one Sun box(V240) and a NAS on a network. Sun machine shows the following output of df -k command. # df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 11094316 8509226 2474147 78% ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantchavan
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX 5.2 using jfs2 file system

We are using AIX 5.2 using jfs2 almost all excpt one mount. Is it possible for a non root user id to mount one file system without journaling turned on, perform some activities and then remount (un-mount and mount) the same file system again. Please advise if this is possible Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
2 Replies

4. AIX

jfs2 - cannot shrink filesystem

Hi, is anyone aware about filesystem size restrictions on AIX? And does anyone know a solution for below problem? I have 2 boxes attached to EMC Raid5 storage, both have huge /optware/oracle/oradata filesystems - 4.5 and 2.5 TB in size, nothing is striped or in any other way restricted. Due to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
11 Replies

5. Solaris

Need help on filesystem mounting

Hi techies, I am pretty new to Solaris. So the qstn might be a silly one. I had a local disk with Solaris installed. I have done ufsdump to a SAN disk and after that s3 and s7 slices are giving the following error : "UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY." I had the following... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojsomanath
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mounting filesystem

Could anyone help me please as I am stuck up. I want to mount /home/dun/maitree location of server A in server B to location /home/dun/tibco .Both server A and server B are Linux machine .The problem is that /home/dun/tibco of server B has some files and directory in it so after doing this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maitree
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX JFS2 content

Hello! I have a LPAR with 51GB RAM topas shows 21% of memory for client pages (~11Gb) svmon -G show 2906772 client pages in use (~11Gb) but then i try to investigate per process client memory usage svmon -P -O filtertype=client and summarize inuse column, i get only 347880 pages... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sys
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting NFS filesystem

Hi All, I need to mount an nfs filesystem as below. xxx.xx.xx.xxx:/media/nss/Rocky Catherine/logs For the above as there is space in between the name, hoping it will not mount, if i give it with double quotes as below will it work? mount "xxx.xx.xx.xxx:/media/nss/Rocky... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockyc3400
2 Replies

9. AIX

Creating AIX LV VG and JFS2 issues?

Can someone please help me understand what it is I am doing incorrectly? I have 22 PVs (disks) assigned to a VG, the stats on the disks: # lspv hdisk1 PHYSICAL VOLUME: hdisk1 VOLUME GROUP: vg_usr1 PV IDENTIFIER: 0000150179158027 VG IDENTIFIER ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies

10. AIX

Has anyone created JFS2 file system on a USB drive attached to AIX server?

We have an IBM Power 710. It has a USB port on the front. I have done some searching and see that there is information out there on how to create a JFS2 file system on USB drives. A few have commented that they would not recommend it, if the server is important, may crash the server... Just... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbenedi
0 Replies
metaimport(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    metaimport(1M)

NAME
metaimport - imports disk sets into existing Solaris Volume Manager configurations SYNOPSIS
metaimport -s setname [-n] [-f] [-v] [disks]... metaimport -r [-v] [disks]... metaimport -V metaimport -? DESCRIPTION
The metaimport command allows the importing of disk sets, including replicated disk sets, into an existing Solaris Volume Manager configu- ration. Replicated disk sets are disk sets created using remote replication software. The default Solaris Volume Manager configuration specifies a maximum number of disk sets that can be configured. The metaimport command fails if importing the disk set would result in exceeding the number of disk sets configured on the system. To increase the number of disk sets allowed on a system, see the . Use metaset(1M) or metastat(1M) to view the configuration of the imported set. You must run metaimport as root. metaimport requires a functional Solaris Volume Manager configuration before it runs. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -f Force the import, even if a quorum of replicas from the imported disk set is not available. This option could result in cor- rupt configurations and should only be used when metaimport fails with the "Insufficient quorum detected; exiting" error. If only a partial disk set is available, this option might be necessary to successfully import. Some or all data could be cor- rupted or unavailable when importing a partial set or a set lacking a replica quorum. -n Does not actually perform the operation, but shows the output or errors that would have resulted from the operation, had it been run. -r Report on the non-configured disk sets found on the system. If no disk device or LUN is specified, metaimport reports on all non-configured disk sets attached to the system. When the name of one disk is specified, metaimport reports on the disk set (or virtual LUN) containing the specified disk. If two or more disks are specified, metaimport reports on the set (or sets, if they belong to different disk sets) containing the specified disks. If two or more disks are specified, metaimport reports on the set (or sets, if they belong to different disk sets) containing the specified disks. This option can be used in conjunction with the -v option to give verbose output on each disk set reported. -s setname Specify the disk set name to use when importing. The imported disk set will be called setname, without regard to the name it may have had on a different system. -v Verbose. Provides detailed information about the metadb replica location and status. It also provides detailed information about the disk set configuration and status similar to the "metastat -c" output. -V Version information. -? Display a help message. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Importing a Disk Set The following example creates a disk set called blue and identifies c1t5d0 as a disk containing a state database replica from the disk set being imported. # metaimport -s blue c1t5d0 Example 2 Reporting Disk Sets to Import The following example scans all disks and LUNs attached to the system and configured as part of the system. It scans for disks that could be part of a disk set to be imported. Components that are already part of the Solaris Volume Manager configuration are ignored. This use of metaimport provides suggested forms of the metaimport command to use to actually import the disk sets that have been found. You can specify a component on the command line to reduce the scope of the scan and generate results more quickly. # metaimport -r EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmdu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdmonitord(1M), metaclear(1M), metadb(1M), metadetach(1M), metahs(1M), metainit(1M), metaoffline(1M), metaonline(1M), metaparam(1M), metarecover(1M), metareplace(1M), metaroot(1M), metaset(1M), metastat(1M), metasync(1M), metattach(1M), md.tab(4), md.cf(4), mddb.cf(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 28 Oct 2005 metaimport(1M)