Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris System State & filesystems backup Post 302103725 by adel8483 on Sunday 21st of January 2007 12:40:55 AM
Old 01-21-2007
Solaris System State & filesystems backup

Hi ,

We are using Veritas Net Backup , I want to create a new policy for backing up the (Solaris Operating System & the file systems) only the OS. not Full backup because we have an other policy for Oracle Apps and it takes full backup for all Partitions.

I need the OS backup to be in separate policy .....

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

File system state

Hi friends, on solaris 9 i have a problem with the file system. the message is: file system state in supperblock is wrong; Fix i use the fsck manually but i don't have success. is anything else that you can suggest? thanks, em (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: emsakopa
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Managing FileSystems on Solaris

Hello. I have got Solaris 10 8/07 on x86 installed successfully using CDs. While I had inserted 1st CD - I created 2 new filesystems also. But now after entering into Solaris - How do I manipulate sizes or created/delete filesystems by going to terminal? Thank you! (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
15 Replies

3. Solaris

basic hardware & system requirements for solaris 10

hi all, i want to setup a solaris10 lab for 50 trainees. kindly let me know all the basic hardware & system requirements for the lab . with regards, Raj (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajp_8007
5 Replies

4. SCO

Complete backup of system spanning all filesystems

how would a make a complete backup of all files spanning all file systems on my SCO box to tape? i read somewhere: find . -print | cpio -ocv > /dev/rStp0 from / ... will this do it?? (yes /dev/rStp0 is my tape drive) (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
11 Replies

5. Solaris

Making backup with ufsdump to remote mounted filesystems

Hi Unix members. I am trying to make a backup to remote mounted filesystems : fileraseing:/vol/oracliente_revap01 10G 1.3G 8.7G 13% /orarev_ap01 fileraseing:/vol/bobje 10G 5.9G 4.1G 60% /bobje But I am receiving the follow message when use the ufsdump command: :$PWD>ufsdump 0fu... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

imap & rsync - doing backup & restore

Hi ALL... I have an IMAP server & I have setup rsync to copy all mailboxes (MailDir) to a remote backup machine. rsync is working fine and is copying my files. I need some advice on how to restore a particular mailbox when a user makes a request assuming she has has deleted an important... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolatt
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 11 - how to backup and restore system disc

I have installed Solaris 11 Express on my machine and now I am wondering what is the best way to backup (to another hard disc) and restore the system hard disc content. The backup should to be done every night using a script launched by cron and all previously done backups should be available to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RychnD
8 Replies

8. Solaris

How to backup ZFS filesystems to files on USB drive?

Dear Solaris 10 Experts, I need to carry out a manual backup of all zpool/zfs filesystems on a Solaris 10 x86 server in order to port it onto VM Ware hardware but don't know how to do it. Past exercises have been smooth using ufsdump & ufsrestore for small standalone servers. Below are the zfs... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjackson123
22 Replies

9. Solaris

Making HDD backup in sun Solaris system

Hello to all, I have Fujitsu Celzius M470 workstation which has Sun solaris system installed and want to make a complete backup of the hard drive. The existing HDD is SATA II, 500 GB. I don't have much experience working with SUN solaris systems (not at all) but have some experience with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mick
5 Replies

10. AIX

Cloning a system via mksysb backup from one system and restore to new system

Hello All, I am trying to clone an entire AIX virtual machine to a new virtual machine including all partitions and OS.Can anyone help me on the procedure to follow? I am not really sure on how it can be done.Thanks in advance. Please use CODE tags for sample input, sample output, and for code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies
BDB.DB0(5)							AFS File Reference							BDB.DB0(5)

NAME
bdb.DB0, bdb.DBSYS1 - Contain the Backup Database and associated log DESCRIPTION
The bdb.DB0 file contains the Backup Database, which records configuration information used by the AFS Backup System along with cross- indexed records of the tapes created and volumes dumped using the Backup System commands. The bdb.DBSYS1 file is a log file in which the Backup Server (buserver process) logs each database operation before performing it. When an operation is interrupted, the Backup Server replays the log to complete the operation. Both files are in binary format and reside in the /var/lib/openafs/db directory on each database server machine that runs the Backup Server. When the Backup Server starts or restarts on a given machine, it establishes a connection with its peers and verifies that its copy of the bdb.DB0 file matches the copy on the other database server machines. If not, the Backup Servers use AFS's distributed database technology, Ubik, to distribute to all of the machines the copy of the database with the highest version number. Use the commands in the backup suite to administer the Backup Database. It is advisable to create a backup copy of the bdb.DB0 file on tape on a regular basis, using the UNIX tar command or another local disk backup utility. SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_savedb(8), buserver(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BDB.DB0(5)