Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with Unix File Processing Post 302103443 by funksen on Thursday 18th of January 2007 11:06:56 AM
Old 01-18-2007
no problem, the full command with awk works fine on my systems. don't know why you get no output

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to achieve following parallel processing thru unix

hey...... i hav the follwing scripts needs to run parallel, so i made it as follows, $HPath/start_script.sh 20 & $HPath/start_script.sh 03 & $HPath/start_script.sh 01 & $HPath/start_script.sh 12 & then once all these above got completed successfully i have to run ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Processing extended ascii character file names in UNIX (BASH scipts)

Hi, I have a accentuated letter (ö) in a script for an Installer. It's a file name. This is not working and I'm told to try using the octal value for the extended ascii character. Does anyone no how to do this? If I had the word "filförval", can I just put in the value between the letters, like... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: peli
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple excel files processing on unix

Hi all, I am faced with a rather unusual problem regarding interaction between NT and UNIX. I am using an ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) tool on unix that has the capability to read .xls files. So, when I FTP an excel (.xls) file from a windows server to unix and attempt to read it with this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ucode_2482
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Signal Processing in unix

I've read the man page of singal(3) but I still can't quite understand what is the difference between SIGINT, SIGALRM and SIGTERM. Can someone tell me what is the behavioral difference among these 3 signals in kill command? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joe228
2 Replies

5. Programming

Unix Shell background processing

So I made my own unix shell, but i want to make a background process when using the & appended to the end, so far most of the commands seem to work (except cd, but thats another story) right now here is what I have got. Im thinking maybe I shouldn't be using switch and maybe switch it to... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mercfh
27 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Property file processing in unix

Hi genius, Following is the problem. We have one templete file(input file) where some variables will be used Example: word1 word2 &{word3} word4 ${word5} word6 And also we have one property file where we define these variables Example: word3= something Word5= something Need to read... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjarms
5 Replies

7. Programming

awk processing / Shell Script Processing to remove columns text file

Hello, I extracted a list of files in a directory with the command ls . However this is not my computer, so the ls functionality has been revamped so that it gives the filesizes in front like this : This is the output of ls command : I stored the output in a file filelist 1.1M... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to log file processing details to database table usnig UNIX shell script?

we are getting files on daily basis.we need to process these files. i need a unix shell script where we can count 1-The no of files processed 2-No of data/record processed for each files. The script should log these details into a database table. If there is any error while file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Atul kumar
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping through records in db and processing them in UNIX

Hi, I want to read multiple records from oracle database table and then based on each record I need to do some file modifications in UNIX. I'm not sure how do I process each record from DB in UNIX.Below is the code snippet. sqlplus user/pwd@DEV for i IN (select * from table) loop -- for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prats_7678
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text processing in UNIX

Greetings! I have a text file that I am trying to process to get the desired output but looks like I will need the community help. Input File: a|x|london|consumer|consumer1|country||D|consumer|consumer1|country||1 a|x|paris|consumer|consumer2|country||D|consumer1|consumer2|country||2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikerboy
3 Replies
File::Spec::Cygwin(3pm) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   File::Spec::Cygwin(3pm)

NAME
File::Spec::Cygwin - methods for Cygwin file specs SYNOPSIS
require File::Spec::Cygwin; # Done internally by File::Spec if needed DESCRIPTION
See File::Spec and File::Spec::Unix. This package overrides the implementation of these methods, not the semantics. This module is still in beta. Cygwin-knowledgeable folks are invited to offer patches and suggestions. canonpath Any "" (backslashes) are converted to "/" (forward slashes), and then File::Spec::Unix canonpath() is called on the result. file_name_is_absolute True is returned if the file name begins with "drive_letter:", and if not, File::Spec::Unix file_name_is_absolute() is called. tmpdir (override) Returns a string representation of the first existing directory from the following list: $ENV{TMPDIR} /tmp $ENV{'TMP'} $ENV{'TEMP'} C:/temp Since Perl 5.8.0, if running under taint mode, and if the environment variables are tainted, they are not used. case_tolerant Override Unix. Cygwin case-tolerance depends on managed mount settings and as with MsWin32 on GetVolumeInformation() $ouFsFlags == FS_CASE_SENSITIVE, indicating the case significance when comparing file specifications. Default: 1 COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004,2007 by the Perl 5 Porters. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 File::Spec::Cygwin(3pm)