Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? ACM, USENIX, SAGE, Computer Society Post 302102784 by bru on Friday 12th of January 2007 09:55:57 PM
Old 01-12-2007
Perderabo,

Thanks for the input. It sounds like ACM might be the way to go.

Also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perderabo
What is "Computer Society"? Do you mean IEEE Computer Society?
Yes, I ment IEEE Computer Society.

--
-Bru

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

getting computer name

Hi all! Is there any function to get the name from a computer by the IP adresse? Thank you in advance! Greetings Mario (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coredump2003
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

who - PC Computer name

Does anyone know of a way of identifying the PC / client name rather than IP address via who or some other AIX command (5.3). (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
4 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

How Many hours on Computer?

How many hours you spend on Computer in a day??? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcomex999
10 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

What was your first computer?

Hey, the What Do You Do for a Living thread got me thinking about this. My first "computer" was a Timex Sinclair that I built from a kit. I also spent many hours painstakingly programming a Commodore Vic20 to display graphics and sound (and save them on that slooooow tape drive). My first "real"... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: dday
26 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't shutdown the computer

i cannot shutdown my computer through GUI or CLI when i put the command shutdown -P/-r nowor press the shutdown button it goes to the login prompt and stays like that afterwards, so i press CTRL+ALT+delete (which works) but that only restarts it and closes processes like winbind and apache ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mi117
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help my computer has been compromised

Hi everyone, I hope I am posting in the right spot and I really need some help. I am going through a horrible divorce and I am afraid that my husband has compromised . He set up my mac computer and router and for my job set up remote access for me. I caught him cheating on me and I think he... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kk243665
6 Replies
roar_connect(3) 					System Manager's Manual: RoarAudio					   roar_connect(3)

NAME
roar_connect, roar_connect2 - connects to RoarAudio's sound server SYNOPSIS
#include <roaraudio.h> int roar_connect(struct roar_connection * con, char * server); int roar_connect2 (struct roar_connection * con, char * server, int flags, uint_least32_t timeout); DESCRIPTION
Connects to RoarAudio's sound server. This calls just connects to the sound server without any authentication or identify. Do not use this from end user applications. Use roar_simple_connect(3) or roar_simple_connect2(3). PARAMETERS
con The connection object to be filled with the data needed to talk to the server used by nearly all other calls. server The server to connect to. flags Flags used to connect to the server. Currently only ROAR_ENUM_FLAG_NONE and ROAR_ENUM_FLAG_NONBLOCK are supported. ROAR_ENUM_FLAG_NONBLOCK disables some of the server location features. timeout Timeout for the connection. A value of zero means no timeout. Currently timeouts are not supported. RETURN VALUE
On success these calls return 0. On error, -1 is returned. EXAMPLES
See libroar/simple.c, roar_simple_connect(3). SEE ALSO
roar_simple_connect(3), libroar(7), RoarAudio(7). RoarAudio May 2011 roar_connect(3)