Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Request Tracker
Operating Systems Solaris Request Tracker Post 302102671 by sparcguy on Friday 12th of January 2007 03:44:04 AM
Old 01-12-2007
I found the solution to my problem. I'm putting it here in case somebody has the same problem.

First Step
========
vi /usr/local/rt3/etc/RT_Config.pm

search for a string called LogToSyslog
it shud return with the line Set($LogToSyslog , 'debug');
"#" it off, yy --> p
unhash and change to Set($LogToFile , 'debug');

save it

then

root:aquila:/var/tmp/softwares/rt-3.6.3 >make dropdb
/usr/local/bin/perl //usr/local/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action drop --d
ba root --prompt-for-dba-password
In order to create or update your RT database,this script needs to connect to yo
ur mysql instance on localhost as root.
Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no database
password, just press return.

Password:

About to drop mysql database rt3 on localhost.
WARNING: This will erase all data in rt3.

Proceed [y/N]:y
Dropping mysql database rt3.
root:aquila:/var/tmp/softwares/rt-3.6.3 >make initialize-database
/usr/local/bin/perl //usr/local/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action init --dba r
oot --prompt-for-dba-password
In order to create or update your RT database,this script needs to connect to yo
ur mysql instance on localhost as root.
Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no database
password, just press return.

Password:
Now creating a database for RT.
Creating mysql database rt3.
Now populating database schema.
Creating database schema.
Done setting up database schema.
Now inserting database ACLs
Done setting up database ACLs.
Now inserting RT core system objects
Checking for existing system user...not found. This appears to be a new install
ation.
Creating system user...done.
Now inserting RT data
Creating Superuser ACL...done.
Creating groups...3.4.5.6.7.8.9.done.
Creating users...10.12.done.
Creating queues...1.2.done.
Creating ACL...2.3.done.
Creating ScripActions...1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10.11.12.13.14.15.16.17.done.
Creating ScripConditions...1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10.done.
Creating templates...1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10.11.12.done.
Creating scrips...1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10.11.12.13.14.done.
Creating predefined searches...1.2.3.done.
Done setting up database content.
root:aquila:/var/tmp/softwares/rt-3.6.3 >

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

event scheduler/tracker script

Dear All, I am writing an event tracker shell script as part of a personal project. I am trying 2 write a sort of date math function using the GNU date command. This function would allow 2 search 4 future events, like looking 4 events 1 or 2 days ahead 4 instance. I've used the date command b4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: theangrybeaver
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

GPS-Tracker script [Android]

Hi UNIX-Forum! I don't know if this is the right Forum for my question, but since Android technically is a UNIX-based system... I have a rooted Android and a Terminal emulator and bash installed. I wanted to write a little script for my android that activates GPS, gets the location and sends... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: al0x
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)