Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: stack region
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users stack region Post 302100966 by yakari on Tuesday 26th of December 2006 10:27:08 AM
Old 12-26-2006
stack region

how can i determine that
what percentage of stack region is currently is used?
(i am using tru64 unix)

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

what is stack winding and stack unwinding

helo can u tell me what do you mean by stack winding and stack unwinding Regards, Amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Best practice - determining what region you are on

Hello all, I have a question about what you think the best practice is to determine what region you are running on when you have a system setup with a DEV/TEST, QA, and PROD regions running the same scripts in all. So, when you run in DEV, you have a different directory structure, and you... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rediranch
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernel Stack vs User Mode Stack

Hi, I am new to the linux kernel development area. I want to know what is the difference between kernel mode stack and user mode stack? Does each process has a user mode stack and a kernel mode stack?? Or Each process has a user mode stack and there is only one kernel mode stack that is shared by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhkoar
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Region between lines

How can I find the regions between specific lines? I have a file which contains lines like this: chr1 0 17388 0 chr1 17388 17444 1 chr1 17444 17599 2 chr1 17599 17601 1 chr1 17601 569791 0 chr1 569791 569795 1 chr1 569795 569808 2 chr1 569808 569890 3 chr1 569890 570047 4 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: linseyr
9 Replies

5. AIX

Change lv REGION in HDISK1

Dears my rootvg is missed up i can not extend the /opt as soon as i try to extend the Filesystem its give me that there is not enough space . as there any way to change the REGION of the LVs in HDISK1 ? lspv -p hdisk0 hdisk0: PP RANGE STATE REGION LV NAME TYPE ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a command to change the port region

portsuf=25 port=20925 I need to replace 09 with 25 It should be like 22525. Can some please help with command or script. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhas85
4 Replies

7. Programming

Merge two strings by overlapped region

Hello, I am trying to concatenate two strings by merging the overlapped region. E.g. Seq1=ACGTGCCC Seq2=CCCCCGTGTGTGT Seq_merged=ACGTGCCCCCGTGTGTGTFunction strcat(char *dest, char *src) appends the src string to the dest string, ignoring the overlapped parts (prefix of src and suffix of dest).... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
30 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mean score value by ID over a defined genomic region

Hi, I would like to know how can I get a mean score value by ID over a defined genomic region. Here it is an example: file1 12 100 103 id1 12 110 112 id1 12 200 203 id2 file2 12 100 101 1 12 101 102 0.8 12 102 103 0.7 12 110 111 2.5 12 111 112 2.8 12 200 201 10.1 12 201 202... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fadista
7 Replies
pthread_attr_getstack(3C)												 pthread_attr_getstack(3C)

NAME
pthread_attr_getstack, pthread_attr_setstack - get or set stack attributes SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file... -lpthread [ library... ] #include <pthread.h> int pthread_attr_getstack(const pthread_attr_t *restrict attr, void **restrict stackaddr, size_t *restrict stacksize); int pthread_attr_setstack(pthread_attr_t * attr, void *stackaddr, size_t stacksize); The pthread_attr_getstack() and pthread_attr_setstack() functions, respectively, get and set the thread creation stack attributes stackaddr and stacksize in the attr object. The stack attributes specify the area of storage to be used for the created thread's stack. The base (lowest addressable byte) of the stor- age is stackaddr, and the size of the storage is stacksize bytes. The stacksize argument must be at least {PTHREAD_STACK_MIN}. The stack- addr argument must be aligned appropriately to be used as a stack; for example, pthread_attr_setstack() might fail with EINVAL if (stack- addr & 0x7) is not 0. All pages within the stack described by stackaddr and stacksize are both readable and writable by the thread. Upon successful completion, these functions return a 0; otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. The pthread_attr_getstack() function stores the stack attribute values in stackaddr and stacksize if successful. The pthread_attr_setstack() function will fail if: EINVAL The value of stacksize is less than {PTHREAD_STACK_MIN}. The pthread_attr_setstack() function may fail if: EACCES The stack page(s) described by stackaddr and stacksize are not both readable and writable by the thread. EINVAL The value of stackaddr does not have proper alignment to be used as a stack, or (stackaddr + stacksize) lacks proper align- ment. These functions are appropriate for use by applications in an environment where the stack for a thread must be placed in some particular region of memory. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pthread_attr_init(3C), pthread_attr_setdetachstate(3C), pthread_attr_setstacksize(3C), pthread_create(3C), attributes(5) 23 Mar 2005 pthread_attr_getstack(3C)